The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2015, 06:36 AM   #11
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Writing stuff down as I go through the early day posting.

There's something odd going on in #247,248,250:
First, Sally suggests Rune might have been a wolf killed by the other wolves. I'm not following her reasoning really. Also, I don't think that's their priority yet.
Then Morm is all over it for this reason, which is ok, but also because she's "trying to make a case against a dead man". How else are we going to figure something out at this point before we get any evidence back from the dead?
Then Lottie is all over morm for being "weirdly defensive", making him highly suspicious. I get criticizing him, but that's too quick over too little.

...aaand then Greenie mentions the exact same thing, just more eloquently. Well, actually not the exact same thing, since I'm raising half an eyebrow at morm, too.

Firefoot, I really don't think you can base any suspicions on whether people wanted a tied vote or not. I mean, you yourself give reason why both goodies and baddies could be for or against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
He spends a lot of time on statistics, which could be an innocent actually being helpful or a wolf trying to look helpful without actually contributing to the discussion of who’s who
I'll gladly admit that I wasn't actually helpful yet at that point. I even admitted it yesterDay. It was early-ish Day1, and a good part of the village hadn't even posted yet.

Quote:
Seems easily swayed (#168, #188) – bandwagoning? Or just confused innocent.
Because I read what other people post and it changes my opinion of them? Shocker...

Quote:
Then at the end he seems almost gleeful about Nogrod’s death, which sat poorly with me.
I wasn't gleeful. I feel genuinely bad for the man. In the last dead thread -type game, he was lynched right away early on, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
The tone of this, now, seems oddly confident of how the wolves reasoned and oddly specific.
I suspected Rune yesterDay because his tone felt off. Then I realized it might be because he's gifted, so I backed off quietly. I guess I'm projecting my thoughts on the wolves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Who is saved by this flurry? Aganzir.
That's why the later Nog votes (Eomer, Shasta, Sally) bother me more than the earlier ones (Boro, tp, maybe Loslote). For the later it was an easy way to pile votes, for the earlier it was a risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
I love that Macalaure took the trouble to consider that I might be a gifted before he decided to vote for me.
I didn't consider it, I dismissed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I sincerely doubt the WWs would have killed him just because he told them to do so. Who would!!!
First rule of Werewolf: Don't do what the phantom tells you to do.
Can we edit the werewolf sticky?

Actually, though, the beginning of Legate's post 270 doesn't sit right with me. It's almost all about why the phantom was the one and only logical choice for the wolves (highly debateable), and then he concludes that phantom must have been a wolf because both packs didn't go for him (jumping to conclusion). I mean, come on.

Quote:
One thing is also that I am not sure how much would WWs try to save a fellow by a bandwagon in this game in such a visible manner.
Without having roles revealed, they might be able to get away with it for longer than usual. Unfortunately.

Quote:
there probably would be at least one baddie among the Nog voters - regardless of Nog's actual role and the role of the bandwagon. Just too good a bandwagon to pass,
What makes it any better than the other bandwaggons? It was rushed, last minute, and awfully obvious. I'd actually say it was a bad one to hide in.

About phantom hinting at hunter-ism with his "kill me" post. Hunters have awfully bad chances early in the game, and the phantom should know this, and therefore would not make a post like that until he has a thorough grasp on who to take down with him, which I don't think he had yet. Of course, this doesn't mean the wolves didn't interpret it this way.

Previewing my post... what an ugly mess of quotes and comments. I offer apologies.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote