The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2003, 02:39 PM   #1
FingolfintheBold
Haunting Spirit

FingolfintheBold has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to FingolfintheBold
Sting Short end of the stick, so to speak...

Pun righteously intended. My question deals with the dwarves and their dealings with Iluvatar. Obviously Men and Elves had their own personal gifting straight from Eru, almost an offering of love from creator to creation. Did the dwarves, as effectivley illegitimate children, receive a special gift. he let them live, which is always nice, and supposedly gave them a place among his children for The END, but beyond that.

And i dont mean phisical differences from the other children. Men and elves and dwarves are all different, created with different strengths and weaknesses of bodily form. But lets say, If men's gift is to die and leave the world, can anyone put a solid gift on dwarves? I dont really see one. Perhaps that is simply their lot because they werent made by Eru himself, and indeed, have already been shone much grace.

Thoughts?