The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Paranoia has just left Hobbiton.
Admin Thread for WW LXXVIII: Yar Har Har and a Bottle o' Rum

Yes, this is going to be pirate themed.

Yes, I am encouraging piratey talk. I also encourage humor. Strongly.

I'm also noting a tweak in roles. Note that things are slightly different this time around; there will be only one investigative power on the field, one protective power, and one power with the potential for extra wolf deaths. What's in play at the start of the game can only be guessed at.

~Good~
(Investigative)
The Insomniac (tracker) - May select one matey each night to track each night, and will be told upon the night's end who the tracked visited.

The Psychic Pirate (i.e. seer) - May Select one person each night. Upon that night's end, they will be told whether or not the pirate in question is actually a fishman in disguise or not.

(Protective)
Doctor Stitches (Ranger) - May select one fellow pirate each night; if that pirate is targeted for the fishmen's kill, it will not go through. May not select the same person the following night.

Sword Fighter (body guard) - May protect one person each night. if they are selected for the night kill, they will be fought off with the following results. 50% of just a normal save occuring, 25% chance of a fishman dying, and a 25% that the bodyguard will die in place of the protected.

(Offensive)
The Red Queen (this name'll never change Izzy. You know this.) - The Red queen gets a single shot (or multiple depending on how many sign up for the game) day kill power. She may select one person during the day and that person will be instantly killed, regardless of votes. I will then reveal the alignment of the player after a short intermission. The red queen's powers are activated via proclaiming in thread "OFF WITH <NAME'S> HEAD!"

The Hunter - The hunter won't differ from a normal hunter, with the stipulation that the hunter starts off with multiple hunts should they die, and the number will decrease as the game goes along. The number will never be enough to ensure that the town will automatically lose upon their death.

And on the side of evil we have...

The Cultist (cobbler) - You worship the Fishmen as some sort of angel figure to your rather dark and rather nasty god, of which they could potentially be. As such, you are incredibly, fanatically loyal to them. Loyal enough to die for them. You will PM me each night with the name of someone you believe to be a Fishman. If that person would be lynched, you'll be lynched in their place.

The Fishmen (wolves) - Your goal is to commander this ship in the name of your unquestionably vile master. You also think you're pulling off the perfect disguise of humanity by smelling really fishy and looking some sort of haggard. Wait 'till you get to shore. One amongst the Fishmen will have a gifted ability blocking power; if I deem this too powerful it will be removed.

That should be everything...

EDIT: OH WAIT! Rules! Yarrrr the rules. The rules are the same ye' landlubbers are used to. Phases will be 24 hours. Roles will be handed out intermittently throughout night one, starting with the fishmen and ending with the Cultist. Edit: The game will start upon 12 signups; there is one last stipulation. I'm thinking the maximum number of players for this round is 12, unless there are objections. I also think smacking the mod until he remembers not to say something twice is a fair rule and is encouraged.

People who fail to vote twice in a row will be promptly keelhauled.

Me Hearties:
Zul
Nerwen
Blind Guardian
Rikae?
Macalaure?
Gilrdan
Wilwarin
Boromir
The Elf-warrior
Eönwë
Morsul the Dark
autume98
Shasta

Last edited by Paranoia; 06-29-2010 at 10:24 PM.