The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Admin Thread for WW LVIII: Escape From Angband (Or Behavioral Modification)

WW LVIII: Escape from Angband (Or Behavioral Modification). Coming soon!

RULES

No double lynches. First to reach vote tally dies in the event of a tie.

PMs must be received at least one hour prior to deadline or they will be denied. Ultimately this is of course at the moddess's discretion and extenuating circumstances will be taken into consideration.

All PMs received before the aforementioned time are accepted, even if a death among the 'gifteds/evils' occurs. This means that if a player is killed during the Night and they have a pick/kill/hunt/dream/etc their purpose is still achieved, regardless of their demise.

If the moddess's PM box is full, please direct PMs to Mnemosyne, who will act as co-mod for this game in the realm of PM overflow, and who will also answer questions in the moddess's absence. Her word is law unless it contradicts the moddess for some inexplicable reason (e.g. she just wants to screw with you all....)

All Nightly PMs (e.g. seer dreams, hunter picks, etc.) will be replied to approximately one hour before deadline, in order of importance as dictated by the moddess.

Retractions. Two per player, which extends for the length of the entire game. If a player has used their two retractions and attempts a third they will be modfired.

If you have any issues with game performance (e.g. you will be gone because you are an idiot and wrecked your car....oh, wait, that's me....sorry) please either post on the admin thread or highlight such announcements. Be kind to your moddess. I'm a bit thick....and I own your soul for the duration of the game.

Deadline. I'm up for anything between 8pm and 1am CT. If my calculations are correct this would be between 1am and 6am GMT. Please correct me if I'm wrong. When you sign up feel free to put your preferred deadline and I will take everyone's opinions into account. (As a warning, on Wednesdays if the deadline is before 10pm I will either call the Day/Night late or will have to have Mnemo call it for me, as I will be at church. Otherwise I should be fine, so I'm willing to go with what is best for you all. Just let me know.)

Now with the formalities out of the way, it's time to get to the....erm, fun stuff....for me that is.

ROLES

X Were-ducks (yes, ducks, although really it's just that way for narration purposes)
Modified Seer
Modified Ranger
Modified Cobbler
Possible Modified Werebear
Possible Hunter
Lovers (possibly multiples pairs)
Other secret roles

This section will be updated as I type things up, but for now a few disclaimers.

Keep in mind that this game is called Escape from Angband. According to Mnemo, this is the closest reference to an insane asylum in Tolkien. (And I like the sound of it! Yay!) This means that the game will be far from normal, although mechanically it won't be all that out of the ordinary.

It is important to note that everyone in this game will have a role. These may be gifteds, modified baddies, or even tricked out ordos, but no one will receive a PM that simply says "You are an ordo. Have fun!" This game is, as the title implies, intended to be an individual mind trip for all those involved, and will require you all to think outside the box in terms of how you normally approach Werewolf.

With that in mind, you will each receive personalized PMs detailing your obligations and/or role for the game. Some will be fun things for you to do or contain information about Daily challenges you must complete, while others will be highly specific and may contain the moddess synopsis of your playing style/memes. (In advance, no offense is meant to anyone, except of course Phantom and Mith. All of you are fine people and fine players, but since I want to create utter havoc with your brains I first have to identify and disassemble the way you behave now in order to have my fun. Any assumptions I make are my own and no one else's, so if you have a problem with the things I assign for you please feel free to PM/IM/e-mail/call in a couple cases/send me anthrax/facebook me with questions or concerns.)

In short, if you sign up you're basically handing me your sanity, recessive personalities, spare time, and popsicle sticks. I will screw with your head, so be ye warned all that enter here. Not to worry though. This will be fun!

Now, if you survived all that and still want to sign up, feel free. Sorry for writing a novel, but I'm really bad at explaining things.

I know I talked to a bunch of people on IM about joining, but please do sign up here just so I don't leave you out, as I'll be using this thread as the official list and, as you know, my memory kind of sucks.

I typed part of this on Word and then added bits in as I went so I probably have typos and inconsistencies on things. Any questions (and I'm sure there will be) let me know. And no, in advance, I can't really explain the 'modified' gifteds. It's one of the secrets of the game, but I wanted to let you all know that I did in fact have gifteds.

Have at it, loves! Hope to start as soon as I get enough people!

~~Sally~~

ADDITION: Deadline is tentatively set for 10pm CT, or what my computer tells me would be 3am GMT. If anyone has huge problems with this please let me know. Thanks~!

Players
Feanor of the Peredhil
Brinniel
wilwarin538
Shastanis Althreduin
Mirandir
Durelin
Nogrod
Isabellkya
Nerwen
Rikae
Mith
Kath
Lari
Mac
Nienna
Gwathagor
Thinlómien
Legate of Amon Lanc
Nilpaurion Felagund

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 03-17-2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: adding Nilp officially, since I forgot to do so earlier
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote