The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I can't believe Fea was in on Kath's and my dream picks! Sally, did you know about that (*points to remark about hunting Kath's dream*)? Fea, you must have had me pegged as the black bishop early on, with all my hints to Izzy and Lari, right? What an interesting setup!
Well... Here's how it worked:

I didn't receive the roles, just the names. But that still left me able to make a logic list of who wasn't certain roles. After asking Shasta to make sure nobody knew I was getting the dreams, I was able to narrow it down even more, knowing that the wolves wouldn't dream of themselves. (I asked this because if I was a Seer and knew somebody was getting my dreams, the FIRST thing I'd do was dream of myself. "Ah. Well then. She's not that!")

Anyway, I was able to say definitely, "These people aren't wolves." I'll never doubt myself again, though, about White Seers- I had Kath pegged at post 33 (I think it was 33) and then doubted myself. "Nah, she was just joking."

There was also the problem of attacking the Seers: I didn't want to, because I'd lose all this good information I was getting, and I didn't want to just casually pick off whoever was being dreamed of, because how long could my secret last if the WS spotted all their dreams dying the next Night?

So... What I'm trying to say is basically that my tragic downfall was that on that last eventful Day of my life, I knew that Izzy was the Ranger (but for the wrong reason, interestingly enough), and I knew that Sally was the Hunter (though I had no idea how, and kept reverting to thinking she was the Cobbler, due to knowing both sides had dreamed of her, but neither had done anything about it), and I was pretty sure that the phantom was the Cobbler (though there wasn't a chance I was going to attack him to find out because then I'd lose some of my power, even though I'd gain an ally (BQ attacking the cobbler meant deputizing the cobbler into a Gifted on my side, however I'd no longer have automatic protection against the first time the Wolves tried to kill me at Night))...

The problem was that nobody had dreamed of Brinn or Rikae, so I had no real way to determine which of them was lying. Especially because Rikae didn't contradict anything that I knew was true (apart from voting for Sally, who I knew wasn't a wolf).

So... That last Day? I saw where Sally said she was hunting Kath's last dream, and I knew that Kath's last dream was Rikae, and I couldn't figure out how Sally could possibly know that, since Kath died before she could find out Rikae's role anyway. Which sealed my thought that Sally was - convincingly - lying through her teeth.

But yeah... My plans for everything hinged on Rikae being the WQ, and the wolves killing her at Night. It was interesting that I had all of this Nightly intelligence, and my loss of the game still came down to the two people I couldn't be sure of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
And nope, hehe, I didn't know about all Fea's mad skills until well after I was dead. I pretty much did one of these....
Do you know how hard it is for me to play stupid? I had to go through the entire game pretending like I didn't have an ever expanding detailed list of secret information. It was worse than actually being a Seer, because, if I slipped and it was noticed? If I claimed White Seer, the first thing that would happen is I'd be dreamed of, probably by both sides. At least if a real Seer comes out, there are Rangers around for them.

I would also just like to register my incredulity that I was never dreamed of by either side.