The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #28
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Alright, alright...

I'm not sure I really understand how this works exactly. I hope someone can help me.

The rules for the werewolves to pick a kill appear a bit too complicated for my little brain...
1. Each werewolf sends a candidate to the evil sub-mod.
2. If a majority is already achieved, then that is the night's kill, if not, then the ESM sends each werewolf the list of candidates back.
3. The werewolves may change their pick, but only from one of the candidates.
4. If still no majority is achieved, then the Evil Wizard is handed the list of candidates and may choose.
5. If the werewolves happen to like to kill one of their own, or their wizard, then the EW may overrule their choice by a free choice of his own.

Did I understand that correctly? And did that really work in the past game, even with all the different time zones (of sub mod, wizard, and many wolves)?

From the outside, this game appears to be somewhat unbalanced in favour of the Evil Team. The EW can create a new werewolf every night (unless a gifted is picked), but can only lose more than one, and therefore have his team decrease in number, if both a wolf is lynched and the GW saves one from lycanthropy. At the same time, it takes the Good Wizard three nights to have his whole set of gifteds arranged, and he can never have more than that.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote