The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2007, 03:01 PM   #11
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Get a grip Lal, you shouldn't let trivial little things like death and destruction get in the way of the really important things in life... New balls please!!!!

So I assign rain spoiling Wimbledon, though at least I am not there, doing some agressive sunbathing on Henman Hill and hoping that the rain stops before Cliff sings....

But I should be making a move before Christchurch gets impassable......
Bah. I'm about to check out the 10 O clock news and see if they have given this story some air time unlike the shameful showing at 6pm - BBC News 24 and Sky are now on permanent coverage from Sheffield so they ought to be sorted out now. It's quite exciting in a way watching the RAF rescuing people and you can hear the choppers in our bathroom - it sounds like 'nam.

You'd be pleased if you'd been shopping in Meadowhall, it's cut off - a whole night in the shops, oooh I'd be making a beeline for the House of Fraser bed department...scarily, I often go there on a day off but I was too tired today!

Thankfully davem had the sense to get home early or he'd be sleeping in the city centre under a bin bag or something. Alas, a boy was swept to his death in the river at the bottom of our hill, at teatime tonight.

EDIT: Disgraceful! 7 whole minutes on the story. This is Britain's 4th biggest city - is it any wonder we shout about the North/South divide?! Grrrrr....if this was happening in Chipping Sodbury there'd be a helpline set up and a one hour news special....

On the plus side I got very excited to see the Sea King rescuing folk from the office I used to work in by the Don, and a shot of the Sheaf by the bottom of our road, approx 12 feet above normal levels...

Last edited by Lalwendë; 06-25-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Lalwendë is offline   Reply With Quote