The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2006, 08:28 AM   #11
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
So, at least at some point Vilya was used.
Umm... duh. Of course Vilya was used in some way at some point. All the rings were used in some way at some point. I'm not really sure why you think that somehow justifies voting Elrond out.
Quote:
Anyone can put up a tent in some valley and call it a refuge.
Yes, anyone can make a refuge, but not everyone can put up a refuge that can stand up for a considerable time against Mordor. Here's some quotes from LOTR-
Quote:
'Is Rivendell safe?'
'Yes, at present, until all else is conquered.
Quote:
Indeed there is power in Rivendell to withstand the might of Mordor, for a while
The House of Elrond is more than a mere refuge, and Elrond is more than a mere elf. He can control a friggin' river, for goodness sake!

Can Ohtar claim that? How about Oropher?

Then why aren't you voting for them?
Quote:
I think you should be willing to vote for Elrond just out of respect for the facts I have brought up.
I can't see that you've brought any new information to the table. You haven't disproved a word of what I've said. All that you managed to do was to say that Elrond, at some point, used Vilya, which hardly qualifies as valuable information.

Way to go, Spawn. You've proven that you are not only unintelligent, but stubborn as well. There's nothing I love more than someone who doesn't know what they are talking about and then refuses to change their opinion despite good information.

PS You can reverse my opinion of you rather quickly simply by changing your vote to a better candidate.

Last edited by the phantom; 03-11-2006 at 08:34 AM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote