The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2006, 09:35 AM   #17
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots I think I'm beginning to get to them... :D

Quote:
Kuru, you are assuming that Belladonna, if not evicted, is a dead cert for victory on the last day of positive votes for the winner.

For reasons of my own, I beg to differ. I have no wish to evict little Lucrezia Longbottom but my support will be elsewhere on the final Day.
I've already taken your inevitable opposition into my calculations.

Quote:
They are in an individual competition, so this can hardly form any basis for complaint.
*gasp* You are starting to sound more and more like a Conservative the longer this argument goes on.

Oh group identity politics...where art thou?

Quote:
I could say the same. Listen very carefully, for I shall say this only once (more). I have not been voting against Dwarves because I have any irrational dislike of Dwarvenkind.

-and-

it can hardly be described as discriminatory or prejudicial, in the sense that those words are normally used
I have been reading this, but it is just self-justifying sophistry (shameless borrowing of Lalaith's word ). You just have a hard time admitting what the results of your actions mean to yourself. The fact that the characters you have been voting against are Dwarves is the whole basis of why you have been voting against them. How then is it possible for you to say that your votes have not been racially motivated? (Rhetorical question, I actually know quite well.)

Quote:
You, on the other hand, have been persistently voting against Tom for the last few days simply because he is a Troll. And you accuse me of prejudice ....??!!!
I voted against Tom because he attempted to mug Belladonna repeatedly. I'm trying to remove the criminal element from the island.

Quote:
It is quite clear (whatever you may say after the event) that you desperately want a Dwarf to win. Otherwise, why the unjustified, slanderous and assault against those of us who have been voting for Dwarves? Methinks the Dwarf doth protest too much.
As I said, I don't have any intention of voting against a dwarf myself. Therefore, in order for Belladonna to win, I have to ensure that the other voters are sufficiently goaded into doing it for me. If there is any reverse psychology going on here that is it. But even so, I haven't had to put any effort into it. Matters have pretty much taken care of themselves.

Is it about time that somebody steps in to write an eviction for us so that we can get on with things?