Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2004, 12:22 AM   #1
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Eye Ungoliant's Children RPG

Witch_Queen’s post

Thranduil was sitting alone at the back door to his home watching the birds play in the near by trees. He heard his name being called and turned to see that his dear friend Faurry had come to join him. Still up set about the dwarves escaping Thranduil had distanced himself from the others.

Thranduil sent out a scout to investigate the dwarves' story of increased spiders in his forest. It had been a couple of days and they still hadn't heard a word from him. He feared that the dwarves were right. "Still no word about Eruever?" He turned to face Faurry, who seemed to be reading his every thought. The women were frightened that the spiders were going to take over Mirkwood. That was something Thranduil wasn't going to let happen.

The two sat there talking about the previous years when the news came. Eruever's sword had been found along with his armor. The story was true, the spiders had been awakened.

Thranduil organized a meeting with all the men. HE had underestimated the number of elves there were. "Elves of Mirkwood, what you have heard is true. There is a growing threat of spiders in the forest. The spiders are no longer cowards. They are coming out of the deeper parts of the forest and are coming closer to our city. I have decided to lead a group into the forest to reclaim the safety we have lost. I am not requiring for everyone to take up arms with me to solve our problem. I am asking you all as a fellow elf, help me. I only need a few men. The others will have to stay back and see to it that if and I mean if we shall fail, that our great land isn't over-run by those eight-legged monsters." He paused to catch his breath.

The room was silent and Thranduil didn't know what to think. Now what? I know silence is deadly but this is takes it too far. He changed the tone of his voice, "If anyone has a better idea, I am open to suggestions. All I know is that the longer we delay, the bigger the chance of the group not returning. So what do you say?" Thranduil took a step back and sat down in a near by chair.

At about that time a few women came in with a barrel of ale. Thranduil wasn't sure how long the meeting would last so he had drinks brought in for everyone. After wetting his throat, Thranduil returned to his chair. "Well?"