Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2004, 05:04 PM   #19
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Fortunately for Hearpwine he had a fellow minstrel (or singer, at least, though Liornung had found himself called bard more than once that day) near who saw the need for rest. "Good patrons of the White Horse," he laughed, "you must not beg us for more songs. Our voices fail and you would have song tonight, would you not? If you make us continue you shall have no more than feeble croakings. And consider that good Hearpwine must sing well tomorrow if he is to become Bard of the King."

"From what I have seen tonight, Uncle," Maercwen said, "'twould be more fitting to say as he is to become Bard of the King."

Hearpwine flushed under her pleasure but said, "Alas, Mae, for the first time I begin to have doubts. If any bard there is half as good as your uncle perhaps my chances shall not be as fair."

A smile flickered across the girl's face and she shook her head playfully. "Do not doubt your talents, Master Hearpwine," she said. "I must confess that I have never met a bard better than my uncle, though if it is because there is no bard better or merely because he is my uncle I do not know. I suspect the latter of being true. Yet, good sir, of all other bards you truly fall second in my heart and mind. I have no doubts that you will gain the honor." She paused a moment before continuing. "Aside from the honor which we shall all rejoice inwe might rejoice that you would then remain here in Edoras." The smile on her face grew wider and her eyes twinkled. "Call for more drinks, I beg you, and rest your voice. Apply yourself to thought, Master Hearpwine, for I expect you to sing the song I requested this night during the festivities."