The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2003, 03:00 PM   #1
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril **RotK Soundtrack - Into the West**

Okay, I've listened to the clip of "Into the West" the theme song for the Return of the King - here are the words we hear in this segment:<BR> <BR><I>What can you see over horizon?<BR>Why do the white gulls call?<BR>Across the sea<BR>(Something) horizon<BR>The ships have come to carry you home...</I><BR> <BR>Anyway, from the little segment I have heard of this song I think perhaps this song will have to grow on me, much as Gollum's song did - but then we have not yet heard the entire effect of the song in its entirety - who knows I may fall in love with this song from the moment I hear all of it for the very first time!<BR> <BR>And I also have mixed reaction about Annie Lennox's voice used here - not that I am saying her song is bad but will her singing this song, when heard in its entirety, but as haunting as Enya singing "May It Be"? I hope so but so far I have mixed reviews upon hearing her!<BR> <BR>What were <B>YOUR</B> reactions?<P>(Title edited by moderator to make it 'official')<p>[ November 25, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]