The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2003, 12:06 AM   #1
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril Sons of Elrond???

I've been watching FOTR for the gazillionth time and I notice two Elves at the Council of Elrond I have never noticed before....<P>In the part where Aragorn says to Frodo "If by my life or death..." etc. you can see an Elf standing besides him and from the brief glimpse of him I'd say this Elf looked *like* he could be the son of Elrond. What is more when they show the wide shot of Aragorn kneeling in front of Frodo you can see another Elf standing beside the Elf that was beside Aragorn and from the back they certainly LOOK alike.<P>So my question is: Could these have been the sons of Elrond and if so, will we see them in ROTK?<P>~~*~~<BR>'I have a sword,' said Merry, climbing from his seat, and drawing from its black sheath his small bright blade. Filled suddenly with love for this old man, he knelt on one knee, and took his hand and kissed it. 'May I lay the sword of Meriadoc of the Shire on your lap, Théoden King?' he cried, 'Receive my service, if you will!'<P>'Gladly will I take it,' said the king; and laying his old hands upon the brown hair of the hobbit, he blessed him. 'Rise now, Meriadoc, esquire of Rohan of the household of Meduseld.' he said. 'Take your sword and bear it unto good fortune!'<P>'As a father you shall be to me,' said Merry.<P>'For a little while,' said Théoden.<P>Merry and Théoden<BR>The Passing of the Grey Company<BR>LOTR: The Return of the King<P>~~*~~<BR>Visit the RingLeaders Fanfic Archive at: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/ringleaders7/RL.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/ringleaders7/RL.html</A><p>[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Arathiriel ]