The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2003, 04:31 PM   #1
Deiagorn
Pile O'Bones

Deiagorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Deiagorn Send a message via AIM to Deiagorn
White-Hand So Solid Crew Urak-hai and generally other bad accents>>

I think this is a BIG part of the films and its just been done crap.<BR>I think Christopher Lee has a personnel nerve towards anyone who mis-pronounces the names. Gandalf especially..<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Its Gaaaandalv, not Gandalf. And its THH-AA-ODEN, not Theeoden <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Personally I dont blame him. Anyway, does this not just frustrate other people too?<BR>Also, its tolk-eeen, not tolkin, or even tokin, PJ says it, as does Chris Lee, and since he met the great proffessor I think he might know.<BR>But do you know what gets to me the most... THOSE BLOODY URAK-HAI COCKNEY ACCENTS!!<P>Ok, somehow in Middle Earth, The Ring of Isengard is officially south-east London.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>We aint 'ad nuffin but bread to eat fo' three stinkin' daaays!!'<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>LOL, as much it makes me smile I can feel my veins bulge with anger. Especially that friggin Orc that was talking back to him, bwaaaaarghhhh!<BR>Anyway, opinions?<BR>Get out more?<BR>Heh, no, seriously...<p>[ January 30, 2003: Message edited by: Deiagorn ]