The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2003, 03:27 PM   #1
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Two Towers Time Line

I was reading through the transcript of the Two Towers and thought I would take a shot at putting the events in the movie into a reasonable timeline. I was surprised to find that it didn't work that bad. The only thing that seemed to clunk was Galadriel's speech with Elrond when she said, "The young captain of Gondor has but to extend his hand to take the Ring for his own and the world will fall" when it is implied that she is talking with Elrond about whether to send elves to Helm's Deep. I couldn't get this conversation to take place after Frodo is captured and still have the elves arrive in time. If one takes a little artistic license though and takes it more a naration as opposed to an actual event (which may have been half the intent) it works fine, though I know others will balk at this.<P>Anyway, <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/hcisland/tttime.htm" TARGET=_blank>here it is</A>. I'm sure it will stir up a hornets nest. Sting away.<P>H.C.