Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2003, 01:07 PM   #1
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting Search for the Lost Messenger RPG

Helkahothion's Post

7 Urimë (August) TA 3019

The Guard was surprised by the rider. He looked like an Elf, but it was clear that he was human.

“Halt, state your name and business.” He said.

My name is Bordarigorn sir. I have come with important news about Lord Celeborn’s messenger Anuion. The Guard knew Anuion and decided to test him.

“Prove to me that you know Anuion. What is his father’s name?”

“Helkahothion, sir.” Bordarigorn answered quickly.

The guard agreed that he knew Anuion and gave him passage.

Bordarigorn immediately went to Lord Celeborn’s quarters. He rushed in and found Lord Celeborn.

“Who are you and what are you doing here?” Lord Celeborn asked.

“I bring a message from messenger Luthien.” Bordarigron said, remembering Anuion’s secret name.

“Proceed.” Lord Celeborn said carefully.

“My friend Anuion has been caught between a small army of Orcs that are currently in the Brown lands preparing an attack on Calas Galadhon. He has some information that could be very important, but I don’t know what it is as we were separated even before I had a chance to speak with him. I ask of you to form a search party to find my friend.” Bordarigorn said.

“I cannot force my soldiers to go on a search with you, but I think this news that Anuion bears is of great strategic importance. I will gather the Elves that do not have a post of great importance and will ask them if they want to join.”

Lord Celeborn gave a servant the assignment to spread out the message that six were needed to save a messenger on a dangerous mission and that they could be killed doing it. Bordarigron was shown to a room where he could choose his search and rescue party from the Elves that showed up.

“This is going to be a long day.” he said to himself.