Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2003, 11:39 PM   #11
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Aeryn was speechless, she had waited eighteen years to have conference with her mother, and now was her chance, and she had no idea what she wanted to say. She stumbled for words, but found none.

Umbria bowed her head, "my, my, you do look like me, its almost as if-"
"You were looking into a mirror." Aeryn finished, finding her voice. "Precicly" her mother nodded. "I will answer your questions, I already know what they are, even if you do not." She paused.

"I will not lie to you, I had no feelings for your father. Aroden charmed me, that is all. And I will not hide from you my guilt, my husband, Augenden, was an elf, like me. And I will not lie and tell you that i am glad you are alive, as cruel as it sounds. But i am not. For all this time, i have had to live with it. I am an important woman in Dol Amroth, do you understand?"

Aeryn was in utter disbelief, she did not know what to say. She stared into her mothers eyes, and for a while not a word was spoken between them. And suddenly, like a light in the dark, Aeryn understood. It was not that her mother wished her dead, but rather that she feared that Aeryn would be the same as her. Umbria nodded. "I do not want you to repeat my mistakes." Aeryn leaned foward. "Whether you like it or not, we are the same. But i will not have the chance to be like you, I am mortal."

And so things that had waited to be said for a whole lifetime were said, and understood. "Now, I know what i have come here for, and I have found it. I wish you all the best child. Now I must go, Dol Amroth calls, from there, my path leads to Lorien and then to the havens." Umbria smiled.

It was no more than ten minutes, a fleeting moment in time, caught between the ages. And Aeryn felt her heart lift, as though she had shared a lifetime with her mother. "Thakyou" she said, as she watched Umbria turn and walk towards Alaemas and Dolenmar.

Now Aeryn stood in the middle of the hall, knowing not what to do next.

~My lord, Éomer~