Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2002, 06:49 PM   #11
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Child knocked on the door of Rose's cabin and went inside.

"I heard you speak with Birdland, and I wanted to say everything should be fine for us in Minas Tirith. For we are in the early Fourth Age, which is after the Ring Quest. We do not have to worry about revealing ourselves, since all here is well, and the Evil One is vanquished."

"Our danger lies in the earlier ages where it appears we may be heading. For, should we travel back to an ancient kingdom, we run the risk that the Evil One may see us or learn something of our people. And that would not be good for Mr. Frodo or Samwise, or indeed for any of us."

"How strange it is that those two chose to leave the ship just before this adventure. Now that I see where we are heading, that may have been wise. For should the Dark Lord have learned about them, things might go very badly. To leave an imprint of Frodo or Samwise in the mind of the Shadow would be folly."

"Now, I certainly hope no hobbit or hobrim will fall into the hands of the Evil One or his servants. We must try hard to make certain that doesn't happen.

But, if misfortune befalls, our path is clear. We, hobbits and hobrim, must act exceedingly stupid and clumsy, devoid of reason and skill, so that he will think we are worthless fools. Hopefully, this won't be needed, but anything is possible.

Rose queried, "I have heard that we are going to Numenor. Is that true?"

Child sighed, "It would appear so. Only today Kali told me that, according to the old stories, all of his people had second names in Elvish, just as the great lords did. That sounds suspiciously like Numenor. I plan to reread the Alkallabeth to see if I can learn more."

"And I have learned that the words Kali speaks come from the tongue of the Adunaic, which indeed was spoken by the common people of that realm."

"But we can be certain of nothing. Even if it is Numenor, we do not know exactly where Kali's cousins live. Numenor is a large place. I hope that Angara may help us, or perhaps, we can meet with Faramir. I have always understood that he had strange memories of those ancient times."

[ July 03, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]