Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2003, 08:17 PM   #11
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Jurex hurried through the dark alleyway, attempting to avoid the mayhem on the streets. Hapless guards had become the targets of the mob, and fights had broken out in every section of the city. Though he truely enjoyed hearing the screams of the outnumbered Gondorians, the man knew he was not at liberty to join the fray. My work is completed, and it is time I recieve my reward. One can never tell; mayhaps Jythralo will have a new job for me. Some slightly more violent, I hope.

Suddenly, a light flaired in front of him. An officer backed by five guards stood before him, holding a note in one hand and a drawn sword in the other. "Jurex Quetell,
I have a warrant for your arrest. Submit peacefully and avoid a few of the harsh sentences for your various crimes."

Without blinking an eye, the man responded in a tone of mild surprise. "And what are the charges?"

The Gondorian foolishly removed his eyes from the culprit in order to read the list of offenses. "Aiding and abetting those sympathetic to old Umbar, spreading lies to the general population, faking Imperial Law, -

Jurex had used the brief distraction to unsheath his knife and bound forward. With his blade pressed against the captain's throat, the corsair bellowed at the other guards. "Back off, up to the street, or your superior officer drops here. Now!"

After seeing the nod from their captain, the group slowly backed away up to the main street. Once they were out of sight, Jurex swung the butt of his knife straight between the eyes of his prisoner, knocking him unconcious in an instant. The corsair hurried off towards Jythralo's house, calling back to the still form of the captain. "Next time it'all be the blade, mate!"

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:18 PM December 07, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]