The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2003, 02:18 PM   #1
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril Hand me my sword and my teeth, would you, Frodo?

What if the Fellowship was placed in a nursing home around the later lives of the mortal members? What would it be like?

Merry and Pippin would be hitting on all their nurses and getting into trouble everywhere. They'd be playing practical jokes, injuring all the older members.

Sam, even if he became disabled, would be trying to do everything for Frodo, who would still be having issues with his old injuries and his lack of ring.

I think that Frodo would also be one of those that would tell anyone within a mile radius his entire story.

Gandalf would keep insisting, "I'm not old! I took this form! Let me go! I still have work!" That would, of course, be true, but everyone would just think he was senile or something. He could blast his way out if he wanted, but that would ruin the thread, you see. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Boromir, being dead, wouldn't be there, but, saying he lived, he would probably always still be trying to compete with Aragorn for the best pudding and the remote and the like.

Aragorn would be respected and still listened to, and everyone would say he was one of the smartest of the company (since they think that Gandalf is senile, although he is not).

Legolas would still be attractive and he would get all the female nurses that Merry and Pippin were busy chasing. He'd also still be strong, as he doesn't really age and all that. Basically, he wouldn't belong in the home at all. They'd probably let him go. Either that or they'd get into the age-old argument about what hair color he "should" be, saying, "No, no! That's all wrong! You have dark/light hair!"

Gimli would be an old grouch that everyone stayed away from. People would whisper about him in the halls with all sorts of wild rumors about his life, as he would never tell anyone his life story.

Well, I did the Fellowship. Do you agree? What do you think the other characters would be like?