The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-18-2004, 07:45 PM   #1
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420! A futuristic LOTR.

Well I got to thinking, there are many reproductions of "Romeo and Juliet." One that sticks out is the reproduction of "Romeo and Juliet" placed in the future (the one with Mr. Dicaprio, and Miss Daines). So, what if LOTR was either written in the "future," or they made a movie production. You might want to call it a parody (so I hope this isn't closed, if it's against policy I apologize). Anyway, just come up with lines using items from our time that wouldn't be during the time of LOTR. Here just look at an example lol.

Frodo: Sam we have no more food!
Sam: I beg your pardon Mr. Frodo, but I brought along this cooler, got some frozen pork, steak, beef, turkey, whatever.
Frodo: SAM your a genius! But wait, how are we going to cook it?
Sam: I thought of that too, I brought along this portable George Foreman grill.
Frodo: But Sam, there is no outlet!
Sam: It's battery powered...and before you say anything I brought along extra batteries.
Frodo: Sam your a Genius!
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 07:50 PM   #2
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Let's see here...

Instead of a horse, Shadowfax would be a seriously awesome sports car.

Aragorn would probably start out as this creepy homeless guy who lives in a garbage can in some dark alley.

That's all I can think of right now.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:54 PM   #3
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
1420!

Quote:
Aragorn would probably start out as this creepy homeless guy who lives in a garbage can in some dark alley.
Ahh clever, I never would have thought of that in a million years.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:53 PM   #4
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ah yes...my brother and I were musing on this point a mere few...years ago.

The One Ring would be replaced by the One Floppy Disk (I suppose it'd be a CD now though...), and Aragorn would be the heir to a huge software company. Gandalf would be a financial wizard and in the adventure, they would journey into the abandoned Moria, Inc.'s warehouse, where they would be assailed by (gasp!) Red Tape!

But Aragorn being a homeless guy eating out of trash cans...that's brilliant.

Oh, and happy birthday Menel! You and my brother share the same birthdate.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 01:50 AM   #5
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

rutslegolas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to rutslegolas Send a message via Yahoo to rutslegolas
Sting

Well Legolas could be this hair-dresser guy trying to sell some of his shampoo to Aragorn .
Old 10-19-2004, 04:16 AM   #6
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Galadriel and Celeborn can be managers of a gift shop.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:01 PM   #7
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutslegolas
Well Legolas could be this hair-dresser guy trying to sell some of his shampoo to Aragorn .
True, true. but, how about legolas is a cosmetic sales man who works in a superstore , right next to where Aragorn is a homeless guy eating out of a trash can? And, it's the holiday season, Aragorn has a shopping cart full of his small but, useful trinkets. Legolas in the superstore, knows that one trinket, that he desires for his hair is completely sold out at every store in the city. So, from a close friend he hears that Aragorn, the homeless guy out back near the alley way, has one of these such trinkets. Legolas rushes to meet a rather grizzly Aragorn, and exchanges 20 pounds for this trinket. But, is it really worth it?

Oh, wait... Ah! I did it! Great! that's the same plot line from Chucky...I'm so mad at myself right now ... yes, please throw trinkets at me.

Ok, forget that. i've have another one!

Since Boromir in the original plot of the story is contolled and eventually completed by the ring to has itself be stolen by boromir, here's what it will somewhat look like:

Frodo: The owner of the last "Tickle Me" Elmo in a compartment store...

The Ring: Yes, you guessed it! The "Tickle Me" Elmo doll...

Boromir :One of those last minute shoppers you saw on the news in the 90's attacking other mom's in the store...

I'm sorry... that event made my holiday season worth while to watch the news...
I had to use it.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:01 PM   #8
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutslegolas
True, true. but, how about legolas is a cosmetic sales man who works in a superstore , right next to where Aragorn is a homeless guy eating out of a trash can? And, it's the holiday season, Aragorn has a shopping cart full of his small but, useful trinkets. Legolas in the superstore, knows that one trinket, that he desires for his hair is completely sold out at every store in the city. So, from a close friend he hears that Aragorn, the homeless guy out back near the alley way, has one of these such trinkets. Legolas rushes to meet a rather grizzly Aragorn, and exchanges 20 pounds for this trinket. But, is it really worth it?

Oh, wait... Ah! I did it! Great! that's the same plot line from Chucky...I'm so mad at myself right now ... yes, please throw trinkets at me.

Ok, forget that. i have another one!

Since Boromir in the original plot of the story is contolled and eventually completed by the ring to has itself be stolen by boromir, here's what it will somewhat look like:

Frodo: The owner of the last "Tickle Me" Elmo in a compartment store...

The Ring: Yes, you guessed it! The "Tickle Me" Elmo doll...

Boromir :One of those last minute shoppers you saw on the news in the 90's attacking other mom's in the store...

I'm sorry... that event made my holiday season worth while to watch the news...
I had to use it.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:36 PM   #9
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

I like the Denethor/Boromir mob family idea, I think that is an excellent idea!

How about this scenario for Anduril...

Elrond: Anduril, flame of the west, forged from the shards of Narsil.
Aragorn: Sauron will not forget the...shotgun that....blew off his head.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:42 PM   #10
Vuelve
Wight

Location: A portal to an alternate dimension at your local Wal-Mart store.
Vuelve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Vuelve
I think that the 9 are Mobsters.At first they are driving black motorcycles then Gandalf blows up a bridge as they speed over it while chasing Glorfindel (not Arwen) and Frodo.Then later they are driving black cars like the ones in Grand Theft Auto. Wow thats a Weird mental image.
Vuelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:29 AM   #11
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

rutslegolas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to rutslegolas Send a message via Yahoo to rutslegolas
Sting

And Elrond and Co. could be these guys manufacturing illegal arms and ammo like shotguns and machine guns.

Nice avataar Vuelve - Puss in Boots ,I like that .
Old 10-21-2004, 12:38 AM   #12
gorthaur_cruel
Haunting Spirit

gorthaur_cruel has just left Hobbiton.
Long ago, the technology wizard Sauron created an incredibly powerful virus/hacking program, code named One Ring. Using this, he managed to take control over most of the world's computers. However, there was a small group of police officers named The Last Alliance, headed by Mr. Gil Galad and Mr. Elendil. They had to keep updating their antivirus programs to avoid being destroyed by One Ring. Eventually, however, they managed to track down Sauron and arrest him, and freed most of the computers from his rule. Little did they know that Sauron had a back-up copy on a small CD.
It was Mr. Elendil's son Isildur who found this CD by accident. But he did not turn it in, for he was intrigued by this powerful program and wished to study it. But soon, Mr. Galad, Mr. Elendil, and Isildur's computers were all destroyed by a strange chance. They could not afford a new a computer, so they lost their power over the internet. And as he could no longer study it, Isildur put this CD on sale.
Several years later, a boy named Smeagol bought this CD. He installed it on his computer, and the program took control of it. Now, everytime Smeagol sent an email or chat message, it was changed so that it contained malicious words, and was sent out in the name the program devised for him: Gollum.
One day, Smeagol's friend Bilbo came over and took the CD from him. Thus ended their friendship. Bilbo was a plain guy, who had no knowledge of computers whatsoever. He did not even have access to the internet. As the program's main strength came from the internet, it took much longer for it to contaminate Bilbo's computer. So begins the Lord of the Viruses...
gorthaur_cruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 04:20 AM   #13
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

ruts, I've always thought of the Elves with their technilogical advances, I mean they obviously created a secret transporter beam to get Haldir to Helm's Deep in a matter of hours .
Old 10-21-2004, 01:51 PM   #14
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Elves as hippies... I can see them subscribing to the idea of "make love, not war."

I like the idea of Black Riders on motorcycles... Maybe the OCC could make them. And they could all wear full leather trench coats and ski masks. Instead of driving cars after the bridge incident though, they should have hang-gliders or jet-packs. Keep to the flying.

One potential problem I can see though is casting the orc armies. I mean... no matter who you get for it, you'll have some wannabe-do-gooders saying that you're being politically incorrect, and even if you pulled a Star Wars and did something like robots or Storm Troopers, you'd still get nuts trying to make metaphorical connections.

Fea
Old 10-30-2004, 02:06 PM   #15
turgon
Haunting Spirit

turgon has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
I like the Denethor/Boromir mob family idea, I think that is an excellent idea!

How about this scenario for Anduril...

Elrond: Anduril, flame of the west, forged from the shards of Narsil.
Aragorn: Sauron will not forget the...shotgun that....blew off his head.

Everytime I see that I bust up laughing
Old 10-30-2004, 10:28 PM   #16
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting I'm Such An Idiot!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! NO!

I deleted the wrong post!!! NOOO! Oh well. I'll write it again. Sorry to anyone who quoted or made reference to it... I am truely sorry if i make you look completely lost...

Grr! Please, now could you throw sharp broken trinkets at me!!! i deserve it!