The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #1
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
WWJ XIII: 'Til Death Do We LARP

It was late in the evening before the carpool carrying the Ridgecrest Live Action Fantasy Club pulled into the campground at Ridgecrest National Park. The members tumbled out of their cars and vans, stretching and stiffly starting the work of unloading and setting up camp before the sun went down.

Jenny Hallu, deep in her third term as president of the club, set up her pavilion quickly and set up her folding chair in front of the door, looking out over the people who belonged to her little demesne. They hadn't had any new members in the last several years, but neither had they lost anyone, and Jenny knew all of them closely. She was deeply familiar with the most intimate details of their personal lives, and with the histories of the fantastical characters they played on week-ends. All had long since gotten over any feelings of self-consciousness about their hobby, and camp set-up was going as smoothly as it ever had. Jenny watched them all, mentally going over her tidy alphabetical roster.

Anguirel was painfully putting together his tentpoles. It looked as though his arthritis was acting up again, but Boromir88 had cheerfully fallen into the role of his young apprentice, and was erecting the old man's tent before working on his own.

His Lordship CaptainofDespair was talking loudly and huffily about his desperate need of a lackey, but Boromir seemed to be ignoring him for now. Jenny couldn't wait until he fell into character for the weekend. Melneras was much less abrasive.

Diamond had already fallen into character...well, mostly. She'd erected her tent, and seemed to be alphabetizing her spells.

Durelin was a local celebrity. As the only starcaptain to make Ridgecrest home, Durelin's interest in the club had thrilled Jenny. Of course, her creativity had dulled when it came to making a character, but as Durelin stepped out of her tent in costume, Jenny had to admit her skills with props were amazing. Her costume was perfect, from the gold felt shirt down to the girdle.

Farael was humming to himself as he worked, the words unintelligible. His handmade tent was low and dark, and nearly impossible to see when searching for the bathrooms after dark. Jenny'd tripped over it more than once, then screeched as spidery fingers closed about her ankle. Creepy little fellow...but he did get everyone concert tickets every year.

Gurthang was, as usual, in the process of giving up his tent site to someone else, namely Naria, who was threatening the poor meek man with her flute and a caged rat. The argument threatened to get loud as Naria strove to be heard over Gurthang's apologies, but Nogrod delayed tying up his leg to practice his drill manner on both of them, always an effective tactic.

Rikae was difficult to see. She seemed to be digging a cave, her eyes closed. Jenny knew without looking that the hole would be exactly six feet deep. Rikae liked to sleep almost underground...

Rune's tent was finished quickly, and he hurried over to help Thinlómien with hers, as it seemed to be taking a definite list to one direction. Thinlómien was another who suffered from arthritis, though it was much more doubtful that she was aware of it.

Valier was easy to see, even though a tent stood between Jenny and her...her mohawk could be easily followed as she paced back and forth in front of her tent, trying to get her pointy ears to stick.

Lastly, Volo was juggling his cellphone and his multitude of weaponry, as usual trying to get in one last sale before the dinner hour was definitively over.

Folwren, the vice-president, was sitting beside her, and caught Jenny's sleepy nod. They shared the large tent, and would share the midnight work of distributing the secret roles.

Jenny quietly slipped into her tent and shut the flap. She had a lot to do to prepare for the game tomorrow, and a few hours sleep before she had to be up and about wouldn't hurt.

A cold breeze followed her in, ruffling through her planning notebooks. In her sleep, she thought she heard dark laughter. Folwren wrapped her coat tighter around herself, with a creepy feeling that something was breathing down her neck.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
2 AM

Jenny and Foley giggled as they crept out of their tent. Jenny was carrying a neat stack of index cards, a trick she'd used before to set up a scenario. Now all she had to do was slip them under the pillows of each of the club members. They'd know to look for them in the morning, and would find the information they needed to play the parts Jenny had planned for them.

"So what's the scenario again?" Foley whispered as they left the first tent.

"I've told you a million times...Three of these cards carry the message that the player is a werewolf. One says the player is a Seer. Everyone has to keep their roles secret, and the game will be the battle between the werewolves and the rest."

They delivered the cards quickly, then met again in front of their tent.

"We're done," Foley said, showing her empty hands.

"Great, because I'm exhausted." Jenny unzipped the tent flap and stepped inside, closely followed by Foley. When the two saw the scene inside the tent, however, they stopped in their tracks.

Three of their friends sat sprawled in the center of the room, and a strange man stood over them.

"What is going on?" Jenny demanded.

"Shush," answered one of the three on the floor. "It's time to listen. After all, it's your game."

Jenny turned to the man, a pit of fear growing in her gut. He smirked at her without a trace of sympathy.

"Well, not really a game. Not anymore," he said. "I've been away for a while, but I've come back. My brothers and sisters hold you puny Men in such high esteem, I thought I'd start out with a little revenge. Then I'll proceed in an orderly fashion to world domination. It's really too bad you folks have to be my first targets...but werewolves are rather a signature of mine. One of my most effective weapons."

As he spoke a hideous transformation came over the three on the floor. Fangs and snarling muzzles replaced their familiar faces, claws ripped at the floor of the tent.

"Now, don't worry, I'll give you a chance. My friends are on strict orders they can only kill one of their fellows each night. It would be over too quickly otherwise...hardly an opportunity for revenge. And your Seer is real too, in fact is dreaming right now.

"But tonight, my darlings," he crooned, caressing the monstrous beasts that had replaced Jenny's and Folwren's friends, "you get a special treat. These two know who you are."

~*~

As each person woke the next morning, he or she searched under their pillow for the card that had inevitably been left the night before. They stashed it in belts and pockets before heading outside their tents.

The members of the Ridgecrest Fantasy club gathered early, building a fire and cooking breakfast with the familiarity of old hands. When hunger and grogginess had been sated, however, it became clear that two of their number were not among them. And which two! Jenny and Folwren always set them off on their quest or battle with a little speech, and it was past time for it. Not to mention Volo's phone wasn't working, and it seemed that their cars had mysteriously run out of gas overnight.

With little ado, the whole crowd trouped over to the large tent Foley and Jenny shared. Knocking on a tent flap is of course an inefficient exercise, but Boromir solved the problem by quickly taking the part of a herald. "Ho, the tent!" he called clearly. "The Company of the Burnt Omelet approaches!"

A titter erupted from the crowd behind him, quickly hushed by a glare from Nogrod. "Nothing was burnt. 'Twas merely a pinch of my herb, my wares, a rare delicacy."

Diamond sniffed. "Your herb? Weed, more like."

Valier and Thinlomien perked up a bit at that.

"Wait," Boromir said, forstalling any further discussion. "They didn't answer."

"Maybe they're still asleep," quavered Anguirel.

"Maybe they're working on secret presidential stuff," pointed out Rune.

"Maybe they're on the phone," contributed Volo.

"Or indulging in a moment of quiet prayer," Gurthang said piously.

"Maybe they're dead." Rikae seemed hopeful, but the rest of the group felt it was an altogether inappropriate thing to say. It was terribly quiet in there, though.

"Someone is simply going to have to go in there," sniffed CaptainofDespair.

"Then you go," urged Farael. "I'll be right behind you."

"I'll go," Durelin. Boldly, she strode where none of them had ever gone before, straight into the presidential pavilion. The rest crowded behind her. Immediately after entering, Gurthang uttered a muffled shriek and exited quickly.

The scene in the tent sobered everyone. Jenny and Foley were nowhere to be seen, but the generous red swaths of blood coating everything were clear testimonies to the horrors that had occurred here. Searching, Durelin found copies of a poem, written in red ink on a curious leather parchment, and distributed them. Maybe the scenario had changed. Hopefully the scenario had changed.

"Maybe all this is...tomato juice?" someone hazarded.

"No," answered Rikae, voice full of growing revulsion. "This paper...it's skin. Human skin!"

"And the writing is blood," added Nogrod.

"Oh no," Naria murmured. "Jenny and Foley...they've been collated!"

Just then Gurthang came back in, eyes protectively tight shut, looking meeker than ever. "I found them. Most of them anyway. Just inside the woods."

All eyes turned to the bit of verse on the parchment as they read the verse together:

"There once were three werewolves from Ridgecrest,
Whose party turned into a meat fest.
Another had sight,
To see truth once each night,
And a fifth thinks your doom would be best."

"The scenario! It's the same as the scenario!" someone cried. "That means it'll be easy! We just pull out our cards from last night..."

Three hands were doing just that as the first voice spoke. Unfortunately, as soon as the cards were exposed to air, they burned to ash, charred beyond recognition. "So much for that idea."

They wrangled bravely with the problem as they placed the bits of poem back on the desk. Once a day, they finally decided, they'd vote for one who would--well--they saw no other way around it.

Anguirel was still studying the poem. "What a remarkable bit of doggerel," he muttered.

~*~

Dead
JennyHallu - Club President - Bound and collated on Night 1
Folwren - Vice-President - Used for ink on Night 1

Living
Anguirel - aged academician, expert in Ruritanian poetry - Ptolemaius the Objectionable, human wizard
Boromir88 - Fuller - all the NPCs
CaptainofDespair - Pompous Nobleman - Melneras, the Gnomish Archwizard
Diamond - librarian - Dia'l Na Mon the Half Elven Enchantress and Wielder of Azgalthro the Rapping Sword
Durelin - StarCaptain - William Shatner
Farael - Heavy-metal singer - sneak
Gurthang - Clergyman - Cowardly Knight
Naria - Rat Wrangler (Animal control? teehee...) - Kitty Watcha'mikolit the Pygmy Giant, player of the Flute of Doom.
Nogrod - Retired General - Ciryatan of the Dúnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor
Rikae - schadenfreude-prone mortician - unstable aging halfling stage actor, Ilberic Took, wielding an ancient elvish shovel
Rune - temp - Joe the Beorning Bounty Hunter
Thinlomien - aging homeless sot - Lothwen the Pretty, elven flowermaid
Valier - Radical Hair Butcher - Elven Anoonnoon of Omicron Persieye 8
Volo - teleseller - Tom Yrmacha'zul'charach'ping'yit'pul tha half-balrog, wielding a multitude of sharp pointy objects.

DAY 1 HAS BEGUN.

Werewolves stop PMing. Club Members, begin talking.

Yes, it's a bit early. But I'm sick, and really want to take a nap.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #3
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Well, bah humbug! Such wreckless abandon these foul creatures have! Though, they are well spoken. And that is something to be admired.

In any case, I would like to keep my hands clean of this mess. So, I will surely have to wait and allow my superior intellect to grant me insight that the rest of you...commoners...could never obtain.

I will allow others to post before I begin compiling a list of potential culprits. Can anyone pass me some of that skin-paper so I can make that list? I do believe I have my own ink, though.
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #4
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
I'm through with standing in line.... to tents I'll never get in. *Farael enters the tent for the first time and promptly steps out and pukes behind a conveniently placed bush* Ugh... it's like the bottom of the ninth over there, I'm never gonna win. This... this game hasn't turned out quite the way I wanted it to be.

It's ok, I know how to solve the problem. What we need to do is to stay awake all night, so that we can see whoever is transforming into a werewolf. I don't want to sleep anyway, 'cos I... want to rock and roll all night!! And party every day.

*Farael sneaks up on Naria* Come on! let's start a band... you play your flute and I'll sing. Let's do some crazy music until the moon comes up and the fanged ones reveal themselves. Then we can use our greater numbers to... how should I say it... oh, yeah, kill them.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:23 PM   #5
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Evidently, ahem, we should, ah, start with an, ah, examination of this alleged poem.

"There once were three werewolves from Ridgecrest,
Whose party turned into a meat fest.
Another had sight,
To see truth once each night,
And a fifth thinks your doom would be best."

Well, any fool can see that the structure is a limerick, a vulgar form rarely conveying import and usually dealing with nonsense or obscenity.

Unfortunately, this would appear to be a case of obscenity, not nonsense.

Oh, this is quite ridiculous! I'm too old and wise for this sort of foolishness. Who do these tomfools think I am, Colonel Sapt?

We're all doomed, apparently, so I shall spend my last hours enjoyably, pretending to be Ptolemaius the Objectionable and casting a spell to get myself back to Dryasdust College, Camford.

Last edited by Anguirel; 11-08-2006 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Misspelt nonsense - unpardonable in an academic
Anguirel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #6
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh...my.

That interrupts my campaign for the position of #1 Canadian...

And if I hear ONE MORE PERSON tell me, "He's dead, Jim," I will...go through my mid-life crisis all over again. So don't even start. My name's not Jim! And I know they're dead.

Heh...

*crickets*

That was the evil Captain Durelin...

So, we need a plan. Personally, I say we blast these werewolves into oblivion... We just need to find out who they are...yeah...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:18 PM   #7
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
are we sure that this has actually happened ? Could it just not be a really cool ehm life like scenario ?

I once played in one where they ripped this guys heart out, well that was what it looked like. It was actually just a pigs heart!

If not then the blasting to oblivion sounds like a good idea.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #8
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, since we are all being so careful and non-compromising, I'll level the first random accusation of the day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
That was the evil Captain Durelin...
Let me paraphrase that EVIL DURELIN

Guess we'll have to lynch her, she admitted her evil-ness already.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #9
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Order, order now!

And some respect over the dead, please.

We seem not to be in a game anymore, or in a totally different one that we thought we'd be.

This calls for some strategic thought and tactical ponderings - not singing heavy-metal ballads overnight or disgracing the bodies of our friends by writing lists on them...

Your attitude, young men, actually makes me look at you the more closer toDay... And with your consent mr. professor, let's not lose ourself into the ivory tower of the romantic academia.

Let's call for everyone to open their mouths and give us thoughts and explanations. That's the only way to catch those villains - besides good luck - to which we army-people can't just afford to count on...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:54 AM   #10
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Note: I left Boro's postings after Durelin's coming out out of this...

CoD
CoD on Naria
#40 says he will have a look at her and trieds to disprove her cobbler-theory
#53 is suspicious of her (and of me and of Dury and of Farael)
#81 is not so suspicious about her anymore because she hasn't been active, asks her to be more active
#99 says there's not enough information to infer from in Naria to make any clear picture of her, says his suspicions of her are feeling-based
#111 dislikes her casual voting, says she's suspicious
#118 votes her because she has suspected him twice
#134 asks if we should look her not that Rune who last voted for her is dead
#149 says he would like to vote her
#170 votes her
#190 says it's good that the village got rid of her
#214 says that apparently Naria's death hasn't got the heat off him
CoD on Boro
#49 explains to B his backing off of Dury and Farael
#99 says his theory about Gurth sounds more probable
#192 agrees with Noggie's logic that B might be a wolf
#214 votes him
Boro on CoD
#25 says he's one of the most innocent-looking this far, says he's spoken some decent sense and that is not going to vote him
#31 lists him along with himself, Noggie and Ang as one that has tried to get the village turning, says that's something the wolves like to do, but says he won't vote for village-turners
#46 ok, I'm not sure what to make of this so I quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD
I only said I would keep an eye on them. I never gave them position. However, they have not wantonly attacked me for simply being in-character (which is where all of this seems to have stemmed from).
Tis a pity CoD, as that really was my reasoning for you appearing innocent. As I was thinking the same.
#153 says he sees no point in lynching Naria or CoD
#160 repeats that Naria and CoD seem quite innocent
#172 says he will vote Naria to save CoD
Naria on CoD
#38 suspects him of being the cobbler, says his statement on knowledge that commoners can't obtain is "incriminating", says she will probably vote him
#104 says she's way too dizzy from the flu to read anything or participate, votes CoD

Farael

Farael on Naria
#4 in-character, asks her to start a band with him
#145 thinks Naria innocent based on Rune's death
#222 says he didn't want to save Naria, but to kill CoD
Farael on Boro
#85 questions his adamantness about him (Boro) being himself the previous day
#140 says he (B) misunderstood him (F)
#145 hints that Boro, CoD and Durelin are interacting
#155 answers his suspicions, asks "Are you a wolf, Mr Boromir?"
#196 says he (B) could drag an ordo with him (refers to CoD), aks for a borolysis from Dury or Noggie
#198 answers bantery Boro saying he (B) won't help the village
#207 says Boro might try a multiple bluff, asks for the villagers not to listen to him (B)
#211 says he's surprised if B doesn't get all the votes, votes him, asks for a borolysis
3236 asks for a borolysis again
Boro on Farael
#46 is worried about Farael and Durelin's interactions
#50 votes him based on his "disappearing from existence"
#136 disagrees with him about Rune's death being a surprise
#153 says he might vote Farael again for he's too hasty and disagrees with him about wolfing and expresses dislike of his trio-speculation
#172 names him his main suspect
#176 says he'd prefer voting Farael to voting Naria or CoD
Naria on Farael
#14 in-character, refuses his band request

Valier

Valier on Naria
#96 finds her non-voting strange, has no clue about her, lists her as "bringing up the rear of my suspicions"
#112 says she knows her (N) from RL and confirms she's ill
#139 speculates about the reasons behind Rune's death and thus mentions Naria; I got the impression she thought her innocent
#156 says she'll vote either Naria or CoD
#177 "If Naria doesn't die and doesn't show up tomorrow then yes she warrants my vote for nonparticipation."
Valier on Boro
#96 says that he's been his normal talkative self, notes that he likes complimenting people when evil, finds nothing alarming about him, lists him as "not overtly supicious yet"
#215 "Now Boromir.....Holy cow....this is the most talk from a know wolf ever. Nice try, but nothing you say holds true, I will not heed anything you have to say. Bye bye wolfie.", votes him
Boro on Valier
#153 doesn't find her reasoning illogical
Naria on Valier
~nothing~

Volo
Volo on Naria
#210 mentions that he didn't say a word about Naria when she was still alive
#221 says Farel tried to take attention from her
Volo on Boro
#226 "Thanks pal!", votes him
Boro on Volo
#46 disagrees with him about Noggie and wolf-tactics
#89 says he (B) is going to have a look at Ang/CoD -voters, includes V in the list
#97 says he scares him because of his inactivity and german, says he (V) might be the cobbler
#172 speculates about why Naria and Volo who are silent aren't dead yet
Naria on Volo
~nothing~

Whoa, that was work! A commentary/ conclusions to come soon...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:06 AM   #11
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quadrupule posting...? Oh, my...

Ok.

The argument between CoD and Naria is too big for two wolves. Also, Naria votes CoD without knowing the situation (very dangerous for a wolf). Thirdly, Boro defends him too much. Besides, I don't think even Boro would so fiercely protect both his wolvish companion in the same day and even in the same sentence.
I think CoD's innocent, after all.

Farael I'm inclined to consider innocent too. He and Boro argue way too much to be companions in wolvery. And the whole interaction thing... I don't think he'd mess his fellow wolf in such business.

So, Valier or Volo?
It could be any of them, though I'm slightly more inclined to believe Volo guilty. Mostly because of he himself pointing out that he did not say a word about Naria while she was alive. First, who else than a wolf keeps any account of who he has spoken about? Can't think of anyone, Except the seer maybe, and we know Volo is no seer. And, why didn't he say a word about her when she was alive? Maybe because he didn't want to take sides considering his fellow wolf.

I'll vote about two hours from now and my vote will probably go to Volo, but a vote for Valier is certainly not an impossibility either.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:04 AM   #12
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I can't believe I'm... cinqupule? fivble? fifthble? (any suggestions?) posting

Is the last battle of this village going to be one including a flood-posting Lommy and a bunch of mutes? I understand we all have different timezones and different amount of time to commit to ww, but this seems quite ridiculous. Besides me only Farael and Nogrod (who hopefully posts his borolysis soon) have posted. I'm glad they, at least, have. Doesn't look very good to me. In this phase only villains profit from silence. If I'm alive tomorrow, I will certainly remember that. Where's CoD who used to post at "dawn"? Where's Volo who has been able to post before the finnish afternoon before? Where's Valier? Truly, this village is probably driving me crazy. We need evidence to catch the wolf. We need analysis, discussion and theories to catch him/her. What we need the least is a cowardly silence.

Without further ranting

++Volo

I can't say he's overtly suspicious, but I can't say that of anyone else either. It's just that CoD and Farael look pretty innocent (not to mention our known innocent Nogrod), and Volo looks slightly more alarming than Valier. (Check my previous posts.)

But, really, do speak if you're not wolves or cravens. Or worst of all, cravens that suffer from lycantrophy.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:14 AM   #13
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Last comment before I leave... Septuple posting?

Incriminating evidence: Volo has been online today, last an hour ago. But hasn't posted anything here!

Noggie's concentrating on the wrong ww...

Well, that's it before I leave. I hope I don't need to see you tomorrow, ie. I hope we lynch the last wolf today.

But I could echo what I said just a few minutes ago:
Quote:
But, really, do speak if you're not wolves or cravens. Or worst of all, cravens that suffer from lycantrophy.
Bye.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:16 AM   #14
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just to inform you...

I need to get something to eat, but after that I will sit by my computer and read through Boro's posts precedeng yesterDay.

Let's go hunt one wolf!

That's heroic Lommy (if you're not a wolf) - that's almost as heroic (were you the last remaining lycanthrope)!
Old 11-17-2006, 08:25 AM   #15
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Yes yes, I'm here, for once I have time to look through the game to find sense in something. Wouldn't want to die innocent the day I have time to write something...

EDIT: Nah, sorry, I forgot that I have to go out now. I hope that it won't take too much time and I'll post something with more sense later. Working on CoD right now, and he doesn't seem wolfish.

Last edited by Volo; 11-17-2006 at 08:33 AM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #16
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The group of campers slowly assembled. The sun was low on the horizon. Volo, looking towards the west, could see the red sun and the spreading red light through the trees and branches of the wood. The trees were dark against the red light.

“My blood will be as innocent as that light,” he said, nodding towards the sunset. “You take a step towards your own deaths if you kill me. In a moment, night’s darkness will over come you all and nothing will protect you from the remaining wolf. Won’t you reconsider?”

Lommy shivered at his words of night’s darkness. Her eyes strayed towards the red sun. “No!” she cried suddenly. “We can’t reconsider! I’m tired of this! Tired of all these deaths! Tired of being falsely accused! Tired! Tired! Tired!” Lommy apparently was tired –and stressed - for she burst into tears, like women sometimes do. Valier came towards her and gently took her in her arms and hugged her. Over her head, she nodded to Nogrod, Farael, and the Captain. The three men went forward.

“In the army, we always hung the criminals,” Nogrod said quietly as he came towards Volo. “It will work.”

Half an hour later, they cut down the unchanged body of Volo. Silently, in the falling dusk, the three men dug a grave for their companion. Lommy and Valier sat together beside a fire when they returned to camp. No one said anything. They ate a cheerless dinner.

The last bit of red sunlight disappeared, leaving the sky dark. Cruel firelight flickered on the faces of the companions. They looked at each other mutely a moment before, silently, one by one, they all crept back to their own tents.

Dead

Anguirel - Innocent - Misspelled on Day 1
Rikae - Innocent - Buried alive on Night 2
Gurthang - Innocent - Fell from grace on Day 2
Rune - Cobbler - Given a permanent assignment on Night 3
Naria - Werewolf - Tuned permanently on Day 3
Diamond - Innocent - Serenaded on Night 4
Boromir88 - Werewolf - Suffocated on Day 4
Durelin - Seer - ?? on Night 5
Volo - Innocent - Hung on Day 5

Alive

Nogrod - Retired General - Ciryatan of the Dúnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor
Thinlomien - aging homeless sot - Lothwen the Pretty, elven flowermaid

Last edited by Folwren; 11-17-2006 at 08:40 PM.
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:47 PM   #17
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Should Durelin be taken off from among the living... She's hanging in there for a second time as a ghost...

(I will delete this message after it's done if it's seen decent by the mod)
Old 11-18-2006, 04:00 PM   #18
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thinlomien could not sleep after she had gone to her tent. She tossed and turned in her blankets, the events of the past days and nights going through her head over and over. She tried, to no avail, to keep the horrid pictures out of the dead companions, and the different mornings they had woken up to find bodies missing or mutilated.

Deep in the night, as she lay with her face in her pillow and shivering with some unknown terror, she felt a heavy, but gentle hand fall on the back of her head. A soft voice whispered in her ear.

“Why do you fear?” it asked. Whispered hoarsely, she could not tell if it was man or woman. She made no answer, and she even held her breath. Was this – was this - ? Terror froze her mind, her voice, everything. “It won’t take long. And, it will be painless. I can’t afford being found out tonight because of any noise…Look up. Do see this?” In the cloak of darkness, Lommy could see nothing except for a pale gleam that looked like glass. “Drink this water, and you’re death will be painless. If you make a noise or a movement, I’ll kill you in a less desirable way.”

It was like a dream. Lommy, captured by her terror of this unseen enemy, reached out to take the glass of water from the beast’s hand. She didn’t care to think what other death it had in store for her if she dared to disobey.

Only four people awoke the next morning. No one said anything. They all knew the routine. They instantly knew who was missing and all walked towards Lommy’s tent.

They found her body, cold and stiff, still in her bed. A peaceful look on her face, as though she slept. They knew, though, that from this sleep, she would not wake.

Dead

Anguirel - Innocent - Misspelled on Day 1
Rikae - Innocent - Buried alive on Night 2
Gurthang - Innocent - Fell from grace on Day 2
Rune - Cobbler - Given a permanent assignment on Night 3
Naria - Werewolf - Tuned permanently on Day 3
Diamond - Innocent - Serenaded on Night 4
Boromir88 - Werewolf - Suffocated on Day 4
Durelin - Seer - ?? on Night 5
Volo - Innocent - Hung on Day 5
Thinlomien - Innocent - Poisoned on Night 6

Alive

Day 6 has begun. You may now discuss and decide who to kill this evening.
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #19
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I do not get the reasoning behind that kill.. that reduces the number of unknowns, rather than having four unknowns, we have one known ordo and three unknowns.

Well, not going to complain about it. Question is, who is the guilty one, CoD or Valier?
Old 11-18-2006, 04:59 PM   #20
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

???