The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-17-2005, 02:44 PM   #1
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Sting WWJ II: Welcome to Lower Tadfield. The Apocalypse has Now Begun.

The Rules for this game of Werewolf:

A village comprised of 15 people. Roles are as follows:

Wolf: Works with other wolves to decide, each NIGHT, who to kill. Tries to kill as many of the villagers as possible without getting killed. Wins when the number of villagers equals the number of wolves.

Seer: Each NIGHT, dreams of someone and finds out that person's role. Tries to aid the village in finding the werewolves and protecting the other special villagers.

Ranger: Each NIGHT, chooses one villager to protect from the wolves.

Hunter: Each NIGHT, chooses one person to kill if he is killed. If the hunter changes his or her mind during the day, he/she can then choose a new person to kill in the event that he/she is lynched.

Mythomaniac: The second NIGHT, chooses one person in the game. He/She assumes the role of that person for the rest of the game.

Ordinary Villager: Completely innocent. The Villagers win when they have killed all the wolves.

We have:
-3 wolves
-1 seer
-1 ranger
-1 hunter
-1 mythomaniac
-8 ordinary villagers

RULES:
Votes will be NON-RETRACTABLE. Once you vote, you cannot change your mind and vote for someone else.
There WILL be double lynchings. If the same number of votes is cast for two players (and that number of votes is higher than that of any other number of votes that DAY), then BOTH of the players will be lynched. Be careful who you vote for!
If you know you are not going to post on a day, you must post in the planning thread saying so and giving a good reason. If you do not post in the planning thread with a good excuse AND do not post for a two-DAY period, you will be lynched.
Votes shall be cast as such: ++NAME. They should be a new line and the TITLE OF THAT POST SHOULD BE "VOTE". If you do not meet these rules, your vote will NOT BE COUNTED.
Wolves are not allowed to talk during DAY hours. Nobody is allowed to talk about the game outside this thread unless their role requires PMing, in which case they are only allowed to talk about it in those PMs.

It is now NIGHT. Wolves, you may being to PM to discuss strategies, etc. I need a name from the Seer. DAY will begin at 9:00, regardless of when my death is posted.

Last edited by malkatoj; 10-18-2005 at 03:04 PM. Reason: votes
malkatoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 07:15 PM   #2
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Dark-Eye The First Sign of the Apocalypse

The rain thudded on the windshield as Malkatoj and Abercrombie headed back from a long, infernal day. The car was filled with idle chatter as the two discussed different methods of creating a Pinja (pirate ninja). The moon was fully visible through the clouds and rain, perfectly round—it looked exactly like cheese. The night soon grew dark as clouds obstructed the path of the moon’s light, making everything outside the car impossible to see. As Malkatoj searched for the “Heavy Loam” setting on her windshield wipers, Abercrombie screamed. She pointed outside the car, stuttering madly. “It was—I saw—It was a werewolf!” she finally managed to gasp. Malkatoj glanced over her shoulder, searching for the so-called wolf. “I see nothing,” she replied calmly, sure that her friend had gone mad. “That’s funny, I could have sworn I saw something,” Abercrombie replied, much calmed down from before. After twelve minutes of silence, another creature darted in front of the car, confirming Abercrombie’s relative sanity. “See? Wolf!” she exclaimed, determined to prove herself. “Oh no, that’s not a wolf. Much too big to be a wolf. That there—that’s a rabbit, that is,” argued Malkatoj. “But—No! It has big, pointy teeth! It couldn’t be a rabbit!” Abercrombie, distracted, swerved off the road and into a small ditch. “Great,” muttered Malkatoj. They were now completely lost. A long silence followed the accident, as the two stood outside the car waiting for someone to rescue them. Finally, “It wasn’t really a rabbit,” Malkatoj stated, fear evident in her voice. “Malkatoj, what do you mean?” questioned Abercrombie as her face paled in fear. “That—that’s a Balrog, that is. I know a Balrog when I see one.” At this point, Abercrombie could not help but laugh. “Silly Malkatoj, everyone knows that Balrogs have wings!” “Have you ever seen one?” questioned Malkatoj, all too sure of herself. “They don’t have wings. But they don’t not have wings. They have…one wing.” Abercrombie stared in horror. “But that sounds like—” “Exactly.” Malkatoj looked around and then muttered quietly so the creatures would not hear what she was about to say: “One wing—to wule them all!” Abercrombie again laughed. “Now you’re being ridiculous, Malkatoj,” she said as she pulled out her sword. She attacked Malkatoj, who was too fast with her parry. Soon, Abercrombie had no arms, but her determination remained. “Your arms are off!” yelled her opponent, who remained completely confused as to how Abercrombie had not died from blood loss. “It’s just a flesh wound,” she said, charging toward Malkatoj. “Have at you!” Malkatoj, however, dropped her sword in horror, staring open-mouthed behind the bleeding Abercrombie, who turned around just in time to see a giant creature devour the both of them. Before each died, she tried to explain what it was in case any villagers were nearby, but Márcolië, who was waiting to aid them in their passage, could only hear “It’s the creature from Aughhhhhhhh” before DEATH saw them collapse.

ALIVE:
Bergil, m. A 'Superstitious Guy.'
Rune Son of Bjarne, Traveling Cheese Juggler
Wilwarin538, f. that crazy girl who wants to be a butterfly
Glirdan, m. Baker.
WaynetheGoblin. Scientist.
Gurthang. Peddler.
Sleepy Ranger. Explorer from out of town who gets stuck in Lower Tadfield.
Sotty. School teacher
Tar-ancalime. Crone.
Márcolië Lamen, unknown. DEATH.
Eonwe. Friendly undertaker.
Holbytlass, f. tanner.
Hiriel. Connoisseur of pointy objects.
THE Ka. Ophelious Philosopher.
Kitanna. Historian.

DEAD:
Malkatoj (mod) Eaten by one-winged Balrog or Wolf or Something, Night 1
AbercrombieOfRohan (backup mod) Eaten by one-winged Balrog or Wolf or Something, Night 1

DAY has now begun. You may start discussing. The DAY's death will be posted tomorrow at 9 PM, GMT-5.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:21 PM   #3
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
Two tragic deaths in one night this is not good.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:30 PM   #4
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
*out of breath having run back to the village* WOLF OR BALROG OR SOMETHING ATTACKING. I HAVE MUCH WORK TO DO. HAD TO WARN VILLAGE FIRST THOUGH. SOMEONE MUST HAVE BEEN AFFECTED. I DON'T WANT TO WORK MORE THAN NECESSARY THOUGH SO DON'T MAKE OR LET INNOCENTS DIE. PLEASE. OH AND CAN ANYONE BRING A POOR DEATH SOMETHING TO DRINK?
Old 10-17-2005, 07:57 PM   #5
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Headlines: MOD KILLED AGAIN ON DAY ONE OF VILLAGE INFESTATION!

i can't really say that came as a surprise, but ill drink to both their healths (and burials!). both fine citizens of this here Lower Tadfield.

here follows what must be said every Day 1:

nothing is known, but in the coming days, we will be able to piece together little things from what people say. those will all come together near the end. as our evidence grows and our number decrease, our chances of catching our quite friends will become greater and greater.

and here follows what i say every Day 1:

please, please, try to back everything up. in every game ive played, no one tells me WHY something is suspicious, just that it is. WHY was henry's voting yesterDay suspicious? Why would a wolf want to hide in this manner? WHY do you think such and such? i realise that sometimes, you just have nothing other than a gut feeling, and that's all right. just whenever possible, try to tell me WHY.

that is all...
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:02 PM   #6
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Márcolië, I'll see what I can rustle up from my cart, although I'm not exactly sure what DEATH would drink.... But I'll find something anyway. And while I'm at it, I'll have to see what I've got in store as far as weapons and anti-thing tonic. I don't ever carry much of those, but I think I've got a few sitting in the depths of my wagon.

*Hustles to wagon, comes back with paper, a rusty ax, and a flask.*

Here, I've found this... It looks to be directions or a how-to guide or something. It says:

Quote:
In the event of an attack by werewolves, the best way to react to the situation is to kill the person most likely to be a wolf each day, usually by lynching.
Hmm... I don't know if these be werewolves we are dealing with, but that sounds like good advice to me. I'm thinking Márcolië might be a good choice. Maybe DEATH has become a bit eager and taken to prematurely killing people? Or perhaps we should lynch Wayne, just for old times sake? Oh, by the way, does anyone have a sharpening stone? I think I'll be needing this ax.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:09 PM   #7
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

lol, sign up for the lynch wayne bandwagon here! registrtiona only five dollars! get yours today!

just kidding.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote