The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-02-2006, 08:56 AM   #1
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Admin/Sign Up for WWJ XIII: 'Til Death Do We LARP

For many long millenia, Melkor has lain chained and dormant. And when he finally wakes, it is to a world far different than that he remembers. Nonetheless, he is soon up to his old tricks, searching out those who he can twist to his evil will...

You are all members of an active Live Action Role-Playing club. You've been playing together for years, and you know eachother almost as well as you know eachother's fantastical personas. But the upcoming Annual Fantasy Weekend promises to be the best ever, and you prepare excitedly for the yearly camping trip. For 3 days, you'll take on your characters 24/7, camping with your friends in the heavily wooded park east of town.

You've heard that your president, JennyHallu (also known as Adalawen the Elven Thief), has a very special scenario planned...rumor is it involves werewolves.

Little do you know what kind of unwanted attention your eagerly anticipated outing has attracted...

Important Info:
  • This game will be set in the 7th age.
  • Roles should include both your "real-life" occupation and the character you play with the club. Silliness is not only welcome, it is highly encouraged.
  • There shall be three werewolves and one seer, with other Gifteds/Curseds to be determined based on interest.
  • Deadline shall be somewhere around 5PM EST, which is 10PM GMT. Requests for another time will be considered, but I make no promises.
  • There shall be one retractable vote per day, and no double lynches. In the event of a tie, the player to garner the most votes first will be the lynchee for the day.
  • The game shall begin with a Night cycle.
I reserve the right to change the rules at any point before the start of the game.
JennyHallu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:59 AM   #2
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Club Roster

JennyHallu - Club President - Secretary - Adalawen the Elven Thief
Folwren - Vice-President

Anguirel - aged academician, expert in Ruritanian poetry - Ptolemaius the Objectionable, human wizard
Boromir88 - Fuller - all the NPCs
CaptainofDespair - Pompous Nobleman - Melneras, the Gnomish Archwizard
Diamond - librarian - Dia'l Na Mon the Half Elven Enchantress and Wielder of Azgalthro the Rapping Sword
Durelin - StarCaptain - William Shatner
Farael - Heavy-metal singer - sneak
Gurthang - Clergyman - Cowardly Knight
Naria - Rat Wrangler (Animal control? teehee...) - Kitty Watcha'mikolit the Pygmy Giant, player of the Flute of Doom.
Nogrod - Retired General - Ciryatan of the Dúnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor
Rikae - schadenfreude-prone mortician - unstable aging halfling stage actor, Ilberic Took, wielding an ancient elvish shovel
Rune - temp - Joe the Beorning Bounty Hunter
Thinlomien - aging homeless sot - Lothwen the Pretty, elven flowermaid
Valier - Radical Hair Butcher - Elven Anoonnoon of Omicron Persieye 8
Volo - teleseller - Tom Yrmacha'zul'charach'ping'yit'pul tha half-balrog, wielding a multitude of sharp pointy objects.

Last edited by JennyHallu; 11-07-2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:49 AM   #3
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Well, I'll be a teleseller in the 7th age and my role will be Tom Yrmacha'zul'charach'ping'yit'pul tha half-balrog (half-human). He wields (at the same time) two legendary elven longswords, a legendary human two-handed sword, a legendary orcish crossbow, a legendary dwarven largeshield and a legendary wizard pointy hat.

(Yes, he is ambitious)
Old 11-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #4
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
1420!

Oooo, can't resist a bare-bones game!

Hmm, I will be the local Rat Wrangler and my name will be Kitty Watcha'mikolit (half dwarf-half troll) . She has no weapons to speak of, just her trusty flute.

Last edited by Naria; 11-02-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:24 PM   #5
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
White-Hand

Looking back at Volo's occupation, do we put down our RL jobs or made up ones? I think I may have missed something Jenny with your quotations around RL
Old 11-02-2006, 12:31 PM   #6
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

It can be your real real job if you really want it to be. Or not. Up to you. I won't be checking up, if that's what you're asking.

EDIT: Just let it be at least marginally plausible.

Last edited by JennyHallu; 11-02-2006 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #7
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Anguirel - aged academician, expert in Ruritanian poetry - Ptolemaius the Objectionable, human wizard
Nogrod - Retired General - Ciryatan of the Dúnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor
Rikae - unstable aging stage actor - schadenfreude-prone halfling mortician, Ilberic Took, wielding an ancient elvish shovel
Thinlomien - aging homeless sot - Lothwen the Pretty, elven flowermaid

We seem to have a group of more mature people around this time... Let's see if they can behave any better than the youngsters?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:28 AM   #8
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
It occurs to me that I might be able to have more fun with it if my RL character is the mortician, and my RP hobbit character is the unstable aging stage actor. Can I switch them?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:51 AM   #9
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

hehe...ok.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:48 AM   #10
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
How long until the game starts, do you suppose? How many more players do you need before you can begin?

-- Foley