The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-30-2014, 07:40 AM   #1
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
WW CV: They Should Make a Movie About This! (Game Thread)

The helicopter swooped in low as it approached the mountaintop, the setting sun hidden behind jagged peaks. As the aircraft reached the metal dome and hovered, the dome split in two, the sides sliding downward with the whine of hydraulics. The pilot brought the vehicle slowly down, until it touched down on a small pad jutting from the side of the dome. As the 12 persons exited the craft, they noticed what appeared to be a large satellite-type dish a bit lower in the dome. As soon as all were off the helicopter, it took off. Unexpectedly, the platform on which the group were standing began to lower itself at a rapid pace. The halves of the dome simultaneously whined toward one another to close the opening. As the platform reached the floor, the bemused group could not help reflecting on how they'd come to be in such a strange situation.
Many months before, members of the Barrow Downs Tolkien forum had received unexpected Private Messages from a new Forum Member, hatethemovies123. "Tolkien book-fans wanted for an important project! Great reward and lasting renown await! E-mail pjisanorc@graggle.com."
And they had done so, for one reason or another. Now, as the floor of the facility drew level with them, their odd, lab-coated host stood waiting.

THE GAME HAS NOT STARTED YET
Old 05-30-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
'Greetings to you all!", he said. I am Professor Inzil, and I am the one who invited you here.
The group looked around to see various computer consoles, tables littered with electronic components, and two telephone booth-sized chrome-plated cylinders at opposite sides of the room, each with its own computer console. A label on one read "RADAGAST", and the second, "WINGÉD BALROG". A shelf on the wall held many vials filled with liquids of varying colors and viscosities. One, set apart, had a large red "X" on its label, though what that label said could not be made out.
'Well, let me give you the score', he began. 'First, I have asked you here to assist me with something. I am planning to use the dish up there,' he pointed, 'to end any possible success or indeed, any memory of the horrible movies of J.R.R. Tolkien's works that have been foisted on us all by greedy, blackhearted persons.' He paused for a moment, studying the faces before him.
'The plan is to fire a beam into space that will then utilize the satellites circling the globe to transmit the beam back to the surface. The beam should have the effects of permanently removing from memory that fact that any Tolkien-related movies exist, and will simultaneously stimulate the cerebral cortex of the brain to cause the subject to utterly abhor the very idea of any movies connected with Tolkien in the future.'
Confusion, disbelief, and amusement seemed to be at war in the group.
'Wait a second,' said Shasta. 'Wasn't there something about a "great reward"'?
'Ah, well, I don't exactly have a lot of money,' replied the Professor. 'But the service you'll be rendering to mankind is beyond price!'
'How'd you get the money to do all this'?, asked Kitanna.
'Various means,' he said. 'For one thing, I've been helping a large and well-known company test safer food additives. That's some of them on the shelf over there. It was actually a failure of one of those that led to the idea behind this project.'
'What about those two things?' asked Lommy, pointing at the metal cylinders.
'Other projects', the Professor said. 'BALROG is a prototype teleporter, but there have been some snags with it. And I get sidetracked...ADHD is a terrible thing. Anyway, this process should take a few days. I will tell you that we are totally isolated here. There is no cell phone service, nor any communication with the outside. The helicopter on which you arrived will return at a set time to bring supplies. There are plenty of sleeping bags for you to bed down with, and more than enough food to see us through.'
Suddenly, a loud "BAAAA" was heard from behind a windowed door at the side.
'What's that?', cried Sally.
'Oh, goats!' replied the professor. I like goat's milk. And there are some chickens out there too. Eggs are nature's most complete source of protein!'
'So,' he ended. 'There it is. Get yourselves settled, and we'll look to starting tomorrow'.

As the group slowly wandered away, they failed to see one of their number casually pocket the vial with the red "X" from its place on the shelf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three members of the group walked together, unseen by the others.
'I think this is insane,' one groused. 'I like the movies!'
'Yeah!' said another. 'Viggo Mortensen was awesome! And the CGI Smaug in The Hobbit is just sick!'
'Well,' said the third, 'we don't have to participate. In fact, we could try to derail this!"
'Of course we could!' muttered the first. 'All we need to do is get rid of Professor Nutso, then the rest will be no problem.'
As the three walked, their minds were already pondering the issue.

IT IS NOW NIGHT 1.

Dreamer may dream, Baddies may PM.

The "Living"
Nerwen
Sally
Coppermirror
Loslote
Kitanna
Lommy
Legate
Nogrod
Shasta
Greenie
Kath
Boro
Old 05-31-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Professor Inzil was up late. Dogged by a mixture of anticipation and anxiety, sleep was out of the question. He was looking through his notes, scouring them for signs of any unforeseen problems. As was his habit, he walked aimlessly about as he read. Absorbed, he failed to notice the soft footsteps behind him. Before he could shout, rough hands shoved him into the opening in the BALROG.
'Now Professor,' said a soft voice. 'You've been working too hard. Take a vacation.' 'Don't worry, said another voice. You're going to the best place we can think of.' 'Actually, it's the worst,' chuckled a third, who typed something on BALROG's keypad, then hurriedly pressed a red button marked "send".
With a crackling noise and a shower of sparks from the console, a yellow light engulfed the cylinder. The Professor's notebook remained on the floor outside, dropped and, for the moment, forgotten.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the morning, the BALROG was discovered, partly burned and smoking. Looking into it, the concerned group saw a white lab coat, also partially burned. Of its owner there was no sign. The attached console was sputtering, but a display intermittently blinked the word "Cleveland".
'Wow,' said Legate. 'This was the teleporter, right?'
'Yep,' said Coppermirror. 'But didn't he say there had been some problems with it? He surely wouldn't have done this on his own.'
Just then Kath spied the notebook on the floor. 'Hm,' she said. She looked through it for a minute. 'It looks like there are sections where there are notes on the various things he was working on. Under Balrog, one page has a "3" that kind of scrawls down the page.' She showed it to the others.
'What's that mean?' asked Nogrod. 'Was he trying to say three people were involved, or what?'
'And what's the deal with this machine anyway?' said Greenie. 'Is he dead or is he in Cleveland?'
'What's the difference?' said Boro. Mumbled agreement came from everyone. Now they must decide what to do to confront the menace in their midst.

IT IS NOW DAY 1

The "Living"
Nerwen
Sally
Coppermirror
Loslote
Kitanna
Lommy
Legate
Nogrod
Shasta
Greenie
Kath
Boro

The "Dead"
Professor Inzil
Old 05-31-2014, 08:23 PM   #4
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
If he's alive, I wonder which Cleveland Professor Inzil's gone to? Looking at it on Wikipedia, there are a whole bunch of places with that name. Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure where we are right now either, other than that it has mountains. I must have slept through that part of the flight.

My goodness, I haven't played this game since September last year. I do regret having to drop out from the Spambot Apocalypse game before it started.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:52 PM   #5
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
If he's actually in Cleveland he's as good as dead anyway. Since, I hail from the area I'm completely justified in poking fun at the smelly armpit of a city. If anyone else tries to disparage the place they'll be thrown into the Cuyahoga River (at least it's a little cleaner now, which means it's not as easy to catch on fire).
Old 05-31-2014, 09:01 PM   #6
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Cleveland? Goodness gracious. We may never find our poor professor.

Then again, at least it's not Springfield. Which Springfield, you ask? Exactly.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:21 PM   #7
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm not entirely certain what I should be doing in this situation. To be honest, I never expected to make it this far - I consider having survived Night One to be a triumph, and I would like to thank everyone who ever voted for me for this success. Thank you, thank you!

Of course, my gracious speech would probably have had a greater impact were it not delivered in a sealed-off mountain with no hope of escape, but you work with what you've got, I suppose.

Speaking of, I've got a great idea for solving this little mystery in no time. Who here actually liked the movies? Please raise your hand - I'm sorry to say, I'm afraid you might be one of the murderers! A nasty shock, I'm sure, but better to face these things head-on than live in denial, don't you know. You're welcome, everyone, case closed!
Old 06-01-2014, 12:22 AM   #8
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Pipe The Rule of Three (Movie version)

Such a terrible, terrible thing to happen to the poor Professor- regardless of whether his fate was death or one of the world's large assortment of Clevelands.

Now, we all know what moviephiles are like. We've seen them camped outside the box office for hours... days... before "their" film premieres, just so they can be the first to see it. Could a moviephile resist jumping in to post on this thread the moment it opens? Basic moviephile psychology says "no".

Therefore I say we should be paying *very* close attention to Coppermirror, Boro and Sally.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #9
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boro

Post 1: Banter

Post 2: His post about the maniac being a wildcard. Until Zil's clarification I agreed with Boro that the maniac had no allegiance and since the role is to die, they could decide to draw votes or a night kill. Once Zil clarified though, this post no longer made sense, but it did move the conversation away from banter and into a long discussion about the maniac.

Post 3: Is more banter.

Post 4: Feels good about Nog, Shasta, and Greenie. Understands Legate's vote but doesn't like it. (I feel like I've a variant on that sentence a lot today) Has this to say about Lommy
Quote:
Lommy troubles me the most today. That "what if the maniac reveals today to give us a known innocent" business. Comes off trying to divert the topic to gifteds revealing which is rarely ever good.
Post 5: Votes Lommy.

Today:
Post 1: Thinks Sally was playing close to the vest on D1. But also questions Nerwen exchange with Sally at the end of the day.

Post 2: A look at the voting.
Quote:
if Greenie was targeted because the wolves thought she was the seer, I don't see how they would have reached that conclusion from Greenie voting for sally. Based on that post, if sally is a wolf, who thought Greenie was the seer, then sally is rather paranoid in this game.
Looks like he disagreed with Lommy's vote because her reason was to not spread the vote out further.
Though Nog provided a weird explanation about his vote for me.
Quote:
That is, it almost looks like Lottie knows the 3 that had votes at that point are innocent (because they're not one of her mates) and she therefor didn't care about adding another innocent (Legate) to the pile and seeing which one gets the noose.
Doesn't find Cop too suspicious at the moment, though he says she was careful not to step on anyone's toes.
Quote:
Nerwen: says the reasons are in #75. And it's because of Kit's misinterpreting the maniac's role. Says also that I came up with the same interpretation so the same could apply to me in hinting to the maniac. If the wolves thought the maniac was a wild card at the beginning of the day and were trying to hint to the maniac, that would be suspicious. On my end I thought a slightly new role deserved discussion and my point got sidetracked to the maniac revealing after Inzil clarified.
Says I voted for self preservation and that if
Quote:
what she says about Legate dropping some early ill feelings on sally after she got a vote is true. I'm running out of time. If it's true than her reason for voting Legate, instead of sally, looks better because it would be more genuine/honest, even if Legate was an innocent.
Quote:
sally: self preservation as well, and appears to have crossed with Kit's vote. Doesn't really offer an explanation in the vote, because of the DL approaching. But she did explain in an earlier post, where she thinks there's too much of a deal being made about Kit misinterpreting the maniac role, and Legate's overanalyzing with all the different scenarios.
Post 3:
Votes Lottie.

A few things. Greenie seemed to feel good about Boro, though that's not a lot to go on. However, I believe a wolf Boro would attack someone like Greenie who didn't link directly to him, but framed someone else (Sally). That's probably a long shot given the size of the village, but Boro is way to clever a wolf for me to ignore that that could be a possibility.

I need to get back to work. I may make a comment or two in the next two hours, but probably nothing in-depth until after I get home.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #10
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Posts #4-7:
Coppermirror, Boro, Sally, and Lotti: In game shenanigans. Nothing more. Nothing less.

post #8: Nerwen, much of the same in game banter, though I liked her "theory" on moviephiles lining up for their favorite films in order to be the first. But nothing substantial in her post.

Posts #9-12: More of the same.

Post #13: Lommy creates a list of what will happen for the Day, including Kath missing the day, Nog being quiet, and Lottie or myself being lynched.

Post #14: Boro brings up the first post about the Maniac. Maniac equates to wildcard.

Post #16: Lommy puts in her two cents on how she views the Maniac.

Post #17 & 18: Legate adds his two cents. Then Nerwen with hers.

Post #19: Zil clarifies. Apparently I missed this post entirely on my first read through.

Post #24: Kath appears, speculates on Maniac
Quote:
I would agree with Legate that the Maniac isn't counted in the baddie count given their variable role.
I would say, like me, she probably hadn't seen Zil's response on the Hunter nature of the Maniac.

Post #25: Nog says what he likes of Boro's statement, reiterating the fact we do not want to lynch the Maniac. Also makes a comment about Nerwen's gun-happiness.
Quote:
which could be just a way of trying to get the ball rolling and therefore laudable.
though this statement could be seen as the very same thing, seeing as Nerwen's gun-happiness looked to be nothing more than in game banter, maybe being used to draw out overly defensive folk.

Post #26 & 27: Greenie lists what she likes of everyone so far. The most interesting thing she says is
Quote:
Sally also mostly banters this far, and calls Inzil's rules clarification "informative, yet strangely unsettling". Something there?
I'm not sure why Greenie would read that as something there. The Maniac to me is an unsettling role, given that who goes down in the event of their death is random and especially worrying in they are lynched. That's what I would guess Sally meant by unsettling. But Greenie's response is odd to me.

Though I do like what Greenie brings up here
Quote:
Yes, this is a valid point and, I think, an important one, but the thing is - how does the Maniac behave? How do you impersonate a Maniac? I mean, if the Maniac plays for the village they'd want to get Night-killed, right? Which would mean they might try to impersonate the Seer, which would mean the wolves would try to impersonate the Maniac who tries to impersonate the Seer who tries to impersonate... I mean, maybe you others can follow this, but I can't, at least not this tired. Anyway what I'm saying is that catching someone "impersonating the Maniac" is easier said than done.
Post #28: Lommy suggests the Maniac reveal so we have a known innocent.

Post #29: Nog comments on the afore mentioned Greenie post.

Post #32: Greenie says
Quote:
It comes down to whether we value a known innocent over possibly having the Maniac take down a wolf. I can't say.
Which I have to say is probably the most important thing to take away from Lommy's plan.

Post #33: Nog agrees with Greenie.

Post #34: Lommy retracts her plan

Post #35: Legate leans toward agreeing with Lommy's plan or at least sees more value than risk. Lays down some reasons why it's a good idea. It didn't jump out at me when I first read it, but I'm surprised at how agreeable Legate was with this plan. Seems off.

Post #36: Sally finds Lommy's plan too risky.

Post #40 & 44: Me proving once and for all I simply can't read. Legate correcting me.

Post #41: Greenie weighs in on a Maniac reveal.

Post #42: As does Legate, including scenarios of what could happen. And for the second time he mentions the wolves trading one of theirs to get to a known Maniac. Which to be seems like a careless, dangerous move for the wolves and I'm not sure why Legate thinks this is a likely scenario.

Post #48: Greenie votes for sally based on a feeling.
Quote:
Something rubs me the wrong way here, maybe it's this being the only comment she makes on the whole Maniac issue in a post otherwise comprised of banter. Safely noncommittal, leaving ends open, casually concerned but not really.
Day 1 reasoning, but I find it interesting she goes for Sally. Other players fell into this same boat. The Maniac discussion was a huge part of the day and for the most part no one really laid out any suspicions (beyond the occasional vague feeling or banter related accusation). So why Sally?

Post #56: Nog:
Quote:
Now Lottie starts the Day with a kind of pre-emption underlining how she never gets through D1. Kitanna does more or less the same in her first post ("Woe is me!") - and Legate opens his Day by making an in character disclaimer that everyone knows how he hates the films.

All of those reports are true (I'm not sure how often Kit actually gets killed on D1 but I do have a feeling it has happened a couple of times) and they could be taken as just kind of sarcastic opening when there is little else to say
I'm not sure how else you would take those first two dozenish posts. Nothing had happened and the banter train hadn't quite run out of steam yet. It wasn't until Boro spoke that anything really happened, so mountains out of mole hills?

Post #57: Legate:
Quote:
Whereas I shared Greenie's concern about Sally - I had exactly the same gut feeling about that post, but the problem was that it was exactly only a gut feeling - that is not enough for me.
Did I miss something in Sally's post that was just super suspicious? Normally I do find Sally very suspicious early on, but honestly, I am seeing nothing that elicits a gut-feeling about her guilt. And yet two others have this same feeling. I feel worse about Legate's "gut feeling". He says "that is not enough" but seems like he's putting Sally in people's minds.

Post #58: Then Lommy joins in. Seriously, what am I missing?

Post #62: Legate gives us his list and thoughts
Quote:
I could at most vote Greenie or Boro based on slightly off gut-feeling.
I think I missed a post somewhere about Legate's suspicions (aside from the one where he says he had shared Greenie's opinion on Sally). Because I feel like I missed something when I read his thoughts on the village. I don't have time to go back and reread everything though, but I'm not liking what he's up to.

Post #64: Legate is off. Greenie and Lommy are mostly innocent.Typical day one "not sure who's who".

Post #65 & 66: Lays out who he trusts and who he finds suspicious and who is quiet. Then follows up with
Quote:
Oh... that didn't mean these three are going to be my choices...
Why was this necessary? Why not vote for one of the three you found moderately suspicious? It's Day 1, it's not like you're going to have a good reason to vote for anyone.

Post #67: Legate votes Boro.

Post #68: Lommy votes Sally.

Post #69: Nog votes for me. Which annoys me because of
Quote:
Starting with self-defence / martyr-role
because I responded to a banter post with banter and yet I never brought it up again. I can understand his other points against me, though I feel they could easily be transferred to a number of other players right now, but the self-defense part is bothering me a lot.

DL is fast approaching.

So I'm not overly fond of Nog, but I won't vote for him because I am more concerned with the three who shared concerns over Sally. Legate, Greenie, and Lommy.

I think of the three Greenie is the least evil. Lommy votes so as not to throw out more lynch candidates and puts Sally in the lead, fishy. And Legate, like I said earlier I think I must have missed something, but he made mention of having a gut feeling of Sally and then dropped it immediately. Like he pushed Sally's name out there some more for people to grab, then turned around and voted Boro.

++Legate
Old 06-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #11
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Of Kit and Legate, I find the latter more unsettling at the moment.

++Legate
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #12
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

DL. Cease and desist.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #13
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

After the startling turn of events during the previous night, the group began a debate over their present course of action. Since it seemed leaving the premesis was out of the question, it appeared to be clear that eliminating the threat posed by the Professor's assailants would be up to them. Fortunately, his notebook continued to provide a bit of information. Under the RADAGAST section was found: "Such potential for development! Changing phys features v. useful, many applications. Appearance change continues to be non human only! 'master of shapes and changes of hue' indeed! And still don't know why subjects with evil thoughts/deeds only become dogs."
As a solution to the issue of how to protect themselves from those who harm them, RADAGAST seemed to offer the best bet, if it only worked.
The next step was to decide who would be the first to go. Eventually, it was settled that Legate would have the dubious honor. Protesting loudly, he was without ceremony bundled into RADAGAST. The standard red button was pressed. After a loud "HUMMM" and a momentary dimming of the lights, silence reigned. Cautiously, they eased open the door and peeped inside. There, on the floor, was merely a meerkat. Hopefully, the chickens and goats outside would not mind sharing their compound.

The "Living"
Nerwen
Sally
Coppermirror
Loslote
Kitanna
Lommy
Nogrod
Shasta
Greenie
Kath
Boro

The "Dead"
Professor Inzil
Legate (Ordo)

IT IS NIGHT 2.

Dreamer, Guardian, and Moviephiles do your respective thing.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:00 PM   #14
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Late in the Night, when shade walks and shadow rules, three Tolkien-movie fans plotted mischief.
'Ok, so we don't really want to kill anyone,' said one. 'But what can we do to get rid of these people?'
'Any other handy inventions by the possibly late professor, maybe?' posited another.
'Ah!' whispered the third, and held out a hand. 'Look here!' There lay a vial of liquid with a red "X". Underneath that mark could still be read BOMBUR. 'Now,' said the holder of the vial, 'if this is like the other gadgets around here, this name means something. Either it'll make you obsessed with food, or it'll send you to sleep.'
'I think you're right,' agreed the first. 'Should we try it and see what happens?'
'Why not?' said the second. 'It could be good for a laugh, anyway, and we already talked about who we want to see gone first. So I guess we just pour a bit of this...' Their talk dissolved to soft whispers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greenie awoke suddenly with an uneasy feeling of danger. Trying to escape wholly from sleep, she was too slow to act against the three figures who quickly rushed to her. As her mouth was already open to protest, it was a simple matter for one of them to aim a drop of liquid from the vial they held. Instantly, Greenie felt sleep overwhelming her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the morning, Greenie was discovered, still fast asleep. Nothing could be done to awaken her. Her breathing was deep, and by the smile on her lips, at least she must have been having pleasant dreams. It was decided to leave her where she was, and wait to see when she would awake.

The "Living"
Nerwen
Sally
Coppermirror
Loslote
Kitanna
Lommy
Nogrod
Shasta
Kath
Boro

The "Dead"
Professor Inzil
Legate (Ordo)
Greenie (Ordo)

IT IS DAY 2
Old 06-01-2014, 03:02 AM   #15
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
If anyone else tries to disparage the place they'll be thrown into the Cuyahoga River (at least it's a little cleaner now, which means it's not as easy to catch on fire).
...Is that a joke, or is the Cuyahoga River really known for catching on fire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Then again, at least it's not Springfield. Which Springfield, you ask? Exactly.
I don't know, at least there doesn't seem to be a volcano or a tall mountain named after Springfield the way there is with Cleveland. In any case, it doesn't look as if we can get out of here to look for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Speaking of, I've got a great idea for solving this little mystery in no time. Who here actually liked the movies?
Uh, well... But it gave me a really nasty ache in the hip from having to sit still that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
regardless of whether his fate was death or one of the world's large assortment of Clevelands.
Maybe it was all the world's Clevelands at once. I'm sure the Professor will have quite a tale to tell if and when he gets back here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
and I am afraid in the presence of such advanced scientific devices, it might accidentally trigger some unprecedented effect. Such as making forum posts longer than one forum page.
Well, we do need to be ever-vigilant, lest we incur the wrath of the vile Serverman, Lord of the Code, once more. But a concise summary would probably be safe.

I'm going off to bed now; see you all in the morning.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:40 AM   #16
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
...Is that a joke, or is the Cuyahoga River really known for catching on fire?
Yes

Last edited by Nerwen; 06-01-2014 at 06:02 AM. Reason: tried to fix link– still not working.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:43 AM   #17
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror
Uh, well... But it gave me a really nasty ache in the hip from having to sit still that long.
Ah! What did I say? A confession!
Old 06-01-2014, 04:55 AM   #18
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay, first things first.

I AM PLAYING WEREWOLF AIEEEEE OUAGHAKDDDO GICT XGNYCCBNX IT'S BEEN TOO LONG KPOHOGSUIYDTYRSYDJDYJXKNCHCMNGCZY CJGHC JBJKVB<DBNA.

Okay, now that I got it off my chest, I'm off to business. What business, you may ask, as there's been nothing but banter and Nerwen jokingly reviving the tradition of suspecting those who post first.

So let me make a couple of predictions about how the Day1 will proceed after this utterly typical beginning:

Nerwen will miss the vote.
Kath will miss the entire Day.
Legate will get into posting novel-length stuff by the deadline.
Loslote (or Kitanna) will be lynched.
Nogrod will be uncharacteristically quiet (okay, you can't really credit me with being a psychic if I get this right, I happen to know he has a busy day in RL).
Speaking of psychics, Shasta will use half of his posts for praising Nerwen (and vice versa, but he always seems to be the one to start).

Any additions to my little list?

Oh, and better say it earlier than later: the deadline is 5am Finnish time, so you're probably not going to see much of me, Legate or Greenie around the DL time (not speaking for Nogrod because that man is crazy).
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:13 AM   #19
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
What about the maniac? Are we talking movie-maniac? Professor-maniac? Or just a straight up maniac?

I interpret the role as a wild card with no allegiance...if so, then the maniac only helps us as an unknown, because the wolves aren't going to kill a revealed maniac. But as an unknown, there's still a danger we lynch the maniac. And it sets up the possibility of wolves trying to fake maniacal tendencies, knowing we won't want to lynch the maniac.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #20
Kitanna
Child of the West

Day 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Okay, now that I got it off my chest, I'm off to business. What business, you may ask, as there's been nothing but banter and Nerwen jokingly reviving the tradition of suspecting those who post first.

So let me make a couple of predictions about how the Day1 will proceed after this utterly typical beginning:

Nerwen will miss the vote.
Kath will miss the entire Day.
Legate will get into posting novel-length stuff by the deadline.
Loslote (or Kitanna) will be lynched.
Nogrod will be uncharacteristically quiet (okay, you can't really credit me with being a psychic if I get this right, I happen to know he has a busy day in RL).
Speaking of psychics, Shasta will use half of his posts for praising Nerwen (and vice versa, but he always seems to be the one to start).
Quote:
I'm not sure what to make of Boro's and Nogrod's underlined worry about wolves posing as the maniac. How do you do that except by fake revealing anyway? (And I see that as possibly being more beneficial to the villagers in the long run
Quote:
I might follow Greenie's vote on Sally (I seem to have noticed that Sally has this "friendly and reasonable" vibe whenever she's guilty and there's a bit of that now), or Nerwen, who also just seems a bit wrong somehow, like detached.
Votes Sally

Day 2

Quote:
Only one post and it' almost 7 hours into Day2? Come on people. (I'm especially looking at you, Shasta.)
Quote:
I think Greenie at least had the sort of quiet and sensible tone that often gives away gifteds (even though ordos who are not the type to intentionally stir the pot or stream of consciousness post *coughyourstrulycough* might often give that vibe too.)***
Quote:
Yeah, although I'm not sure both Sally and Nerwen are wolves, if yes, they are quite bold, or Nerwen at least is quite bold.
Quote:
If Sally, Kitanna and Nerwen are the wolves I'm likely to die of laughter.
Quote:
Innocentish
Shasta - well he still needs to contribute and I really hate to use this kind of an argument, but I think he'd be more involved if he was a wolf.
Nogrod - I was a bit wary of him yesterDay but he seems better toDay, possibly because I can relate to his frustration about people being so quiet.
Kath - she's always a hard one to read early on, but I'm not too worried atm.
Copper - somehow manages to be under my radar. I don't like that, but I'm not particularily suspicious either.

Suspiciousish
Nerwen - well I don't like this whole Nerwen-Sally-Kitanna business, and Nerwen's floating around in the voting last night looks a bit fishy.
Sally - I keep flip-flopping on her, like whether I'm paranoid in thinking she acts like wolf!Sally or not, but I'm leaning guilty.
Kitanna - is quite defensive, and her interactions with the people mentioned above are fishy; there must be something going on with this trio. Still, Kitanna is probably the least suspicious of the three.
Lottie - I think I might just suspect here because others do so too, though.
Boro - something about him rubs me the wrong way. I mean, I agree with a lot of what he says, but since I suspect Sally and/or Nerwen it made me raise my eyebrows quite a bit that he suspected them quite vocally and then ended up voting Lottie.
Quote:
that given Greenie's death and yesterDay's vote, we should look really hard at Sally. I have yet to see a better lynch option for toDay, however much my gut-feeling keeps flip-flopping on her.
Quote:
Which is something I haven't really considered - it suddenly makes it a lot less risky for wolf-on-wolf voting in the last minutes if the situation is even enough and the voted wolf hasn't still voted herself. I might or might not be talking about Nerwen and Sally.
Votes Sally again

These are the selected writings of Lommy. I picked these because they listed her suspects/made mention of her dreams. She was consistent from D1 that Nerwen felt wrong. She was very, very careful in how she accused Nerwen. Lots of gut-feelings and throwing Nerwen's name in with mine or Sally's, but almost never Nerwen alone.

***I bolded this quote because it looks very much to me like Lommy trying to distance herself from having a gifted role. "Look I'm an ordo who plays in such a way to attract attention for being gifted..."

All this makes me feel Lommy is most probably not lying. And if she is I will retire from WW having been fooled so thoroughly.

Last edited by Kitanna; 06-05-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: fixing *** for clarity
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #21
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Summary/analysis

Nerwen: Banters, invokes "The Rule of Three" for me, Boro and Sally and makes an accusation against me. Considers the concept of the Maniac and thinks they can't be on the side of the Moviephiles or it would have been in the narration.

Not a lot to go on there.

Sally: Banters. Thinks Lommy's plan for the Maniac to reveal is too risky, as the wolves could choose to kill them straight away to reduce later danger. Then says her post was based on a misunderstanding of the Maniac role. Then argues that the decision's between info for us and also the wolves and no info for us but a time bomb for the wolves.

This reasoning makes sense, although the risk of a bad lynch also remains. But the Maniac would have the option of revealing as long as they were around for voting.

Loslote: Banters. Returns and is against the Maniac revealing toDay. Thinks Greenie's vote for Sally looks innocent and that Lommy's flip-flop makes her look innocent. Finds Legate's tone slightly suspicious on the grounds of sounding careful.

Not a lot to say here either.

Kitanna: Banters. Thinks the Maniac is a wildcard innocent or cobbler/hunter hybrid and the risks and rewards of them revealing are equal. Then takes back earlier posts after finding out the Maniac's on the village's side.

Agh, so many people taking back their posts. Nothing much to analyse here either.

Lommy: Banters, makes joke predictions for how the Day will go. Asks for clarification about the role from Mysterious Disembodied Voice Inzil. Proposes that the Maniac should reveal so we'll have a known innocent or a wolf will fake reveal. Gets confused, says to scrap the plan and that she now understands what Boroand Nog's concerns about fake reveals were about. Then tells Legate she doesn't think the wolves would trade a wolf for a known innocent. Disagrees with Legate's 3b, agrees with Sally about increasing risk for wolves from the Maniac as the game goes on. Thinks Sally and Nerwen are mildly suspicious and Kitanna and Greenie are innocent, all based on tone/gut feeling.

I'd say it's best for the Maniac to keep quiet, so the suggestion that they should reveal right now is a little questionable, but Lommy's done a lot to get discussion going and and her reasoning after her reassessment of her plan has been solid. Not going to vote for her.

Legate: Banters. Discusses the Maniac. Likes Nogrod, thinks Greenie is buddying up very slightly to Boro and Kath. Thinks wolves will only counter-reveal in the normal way. Likes Lommy's Maniac-reveal plan a lot. Expands on the reasoning later. Decides not to abstain from voting. Posts a list with suspicions, plans to vote for a low-content poster or for Greenie or Boro on a gut feeling, then votes Boro.

I like Legate's reasoning for (a) and (b) in post #35, but not (c) and (b). In #42, I can see logic in the reasoning but I disagree with the idea of the Maniac revealing and with the idea that it's better for the Maniac to reveal early if it's to be done. An unrevealed Maniac is a greater risk for the wolves as the game goes on. Takes time to explain the reasoning for his vote, which is good, but might even be slightly too careful.

Nogrod: Gets straight to the point and lists two things that ping him. Nerwen's banter and the way Boro's point about the importance of not lynching the Maniac got buried in the discussion. Thinks the value of the unrevealed Maniac is greater than that of a known innocent, but points out that the Maniac still poses a risk to the village if lynched. Comments on possible opening defences from Lottie, Kitanna and Legate. Does what looks like a logical analysis in #65 and #70. Then votes Kitanna for self-defence opening/carefulness/lack of content.

Nog's reasoning has been fairly clearly stated through all of that. He's also contributed to the discussion a lot. Not voting for him.

Shasta: Showed up late. One substantive post at #72. Some concerns about Kitanna. Likes Nog and Boro's reasoning, and looks at Lommy, Legate and Nerwen for possibly trying to bury the point. Dislikes the Maniac reveal plan. Thinking of voting Kitannaor Lommyand possibly Legate.

His point about Kitanna considering the possibility of the Maniac aligning with the wolves is interesting and perhaps a stretch, given that Kitanna herself ends up reasoning in the same comment that the Maniac would be most likely to be an innocent. But otherwise I think his reasoning looks okay.

Out of the above, I'm...
Feeling relatively good about: Lommy, Nogrod
Neutral about: Sally, Shasta
No idea about: Kitanna, Lottie, Nerwen
Mildly suspicious of: Legate

This is taking far longer than expected, so I'll post what I've got now and cover Greenie, Kath and Boro in a later post. Right now I'm thinking of possibly voting for Legate, but I still haven't looked at those three people's posts closely yet. Aargh, I need to hurry up here.

Edit: crossed with Boro.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #22
Kitanna
Child of the West

Lottie

First post: banter.

Second post: Says maniac shouldn't reveal. Thinks catching a wolf at Night unaware is more valuable then a known innocent. Like I said with Sally this could be a wolf tactic to say "hey, look, we need to catch wolves unaware, let me lull you into false security". But once again a lot of people said this in regards to Lommy's plan and it's mathematically impossible for everyone who didn't back the plan to be a wolf.
In this post she also sees Greenie and Lommy as innocent. Greenie because she understands the gut feeling vote, even if she doesn't share the same feeling. And for Lommy
Quote:
by virtue of her slight flip-flop over her plan - that could either be a wolf anxious to avoid committing to a potentially suspicious plan or an innocent genuinely concerned that her idea might not have been as helpful as it had been intended. I'd be less inclined to vote for either of them.
That feels a bit like a wolf cozying up to an innocent.
Then:
Quote:
Legate, for no real reason, strikes me as a little suspicious. Nothing vote-worthy, but his overall tone comes across as a little too careful for my taste.

Add in Nog, who has seemed mostly fine so far, and you've got the bulk of the posters thus far. Not a whole lot to go on, so if someone would say something incriminating soon, that'd be appreciated!
Her vague feelings of Legate mimic the vague feelings of Greenie/Lommy in their Sally vote. Not like there was much to go on at this point but feelings.

Third post: Votes Legate.
Quote:
I've still got a bad feeling about Legate, but I don't have anything concrete, and I'm not completely comfortable voting for him. I'd be more comfortable with him than with the other three on the table, though, so...
Her vote isn't really surprising. Her "I'm not comfortable voting for him" rubs me the wrong way. I can't quite pinpoint why. It's not like her vote was really a surprise and it's not really unexpected she would vote based on a vague feeling at this point. However, something about her wording bothers me...

For today:
Her first post:
Quote:
I don't think the wolves necessarily thought Greenie was the Seer. More likely, in my mind, they thought she was a safe kill. Not only was she almost universally considered one of the least suspicious people, she was also heavily involved in the Maniac discussion - in such a way as might have tipped the wolves off to the fact that she was not herself the Maniac. I see more evidence for that than for a potential Seer-kill.
Solid reasoning, that falls somewhat in line with what Nog said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
so far from the wolves that none stood up for them to be even a scantly possible seer and they just took her by random?
And that's it so far for Lottie.

She has some time constraints, so she's been a bit sparse. When she does speak she speaks carefully, not really pointing fingers or committing to any one suspect. There's not much to go on with Lottie, but she is on my watch list for sure.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #23
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Kitanna's softer and more open suggestions that we should interpret Greenie's death rather as a no-trace kill than an effort to kill the seer, and her softer and more open defence of Sally looks like something we should have a closer look at (like is there something already yesterDay or how Sally treats Kit, or how the voting went from the POV of them both being wolves...)

But toDay it looks like Kitanna is mainly doing those two things.

I'll be back in a few hours.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #24
Kitanna
Child of the West

Lommy

Post 1: Banter which includes a list of predictions about how D1 will go.

Post 2: Asks for maniac clarification, saw the role as a randomized version of the hunter.

Post 3: Puts out the idea of a maniac reveal so the village has a known innocent.

Post 4: Is clarifies on her worst case scenario from her proposed plan. Meaning
Quote:
by "toDay we lynch two innocents" I mean that we lynch an innocent who takes another innocent with him/her - and by the way the maniac might even take a wolf with him/her.
Post 5: After Greenie asks if it is worth it have a known innocent rather than catching a wolf as a random take down at night, Lommy backs away from her idea. Says to scratch her plan, but of course it is up to the maniac to reveal or not.

Post 6: More talk on the maniac. Says
Quote:
Agreed, although a known innocent the wolves can't kill is a definite asset especially towards the end of the game and could be the tie-breaker.
but also says wolves probably wouldn't sacrifice one of theirs just for a known innocent.

Post 7: Responds to some of Legate's ideas/scenarios on if a maniac reveals. Also agrees with Sally that keeping the maniac around for longer is going to be a bigger threat as the game progresses.

Post 8:
Quote:
I need to vote soon too, and I would be mostly going by gut-feeling this early. I might follow Greenie's vote on Sally (I seem to have noticed that Sally has this "friendly and reasonable" vibe whenever she's guilty and there's a bit of that now), or Nerwen, who also just seems a bit wrong somehow, like detached. But seriously I have no idea. The ones I atm think that are innocent are Kitanna and Greenie, again gut-feeling or tone of posts mostly.
Up until this point she hadn't said much about anyone, other than to agree or disagree with points about her idea of having the maniac reveal. Nothing much, same as many others, just vague feelings as to their suspects.

Post 9: Votes Sally. Says
Quote:
As I'm pretty sure there will still be plenty more lynch candidates toDay, I will not make the list longer. So I vote
She had mentioned a vague gut feeling about Sally. And it looks like at this point Sally and Boro were the only two with votes. She hadn't mentioned Boro at all, so I suppose Sally isn't out of left field.

As for today:
Post 1: Speculates Greenie was killed as a potential seer.
Quote:
I think Greenie at least had the sort of quiet and sensible tone that often gives away gifteds
If Greenie was targeted because it was believed she was the seer, then Sally could well be a wolf.

Post 2: Summarizes Greenie's posts. Points out Boro was the only one Greenie really cleared and Sally was the only one really suspected. Puts together a vote timeline, sort of
Quote:
the lynch - before the Legate lynch started happening, the vote count was Sally 2, Kitanna 1, Lommy 1, Boro 1 and Legate 1. 7 minutes to the deadline there was still a tie between Legate and Sally, to which Nerwen contributed by putting Kitanna too at two votes. Then Sally and Kitanna both voted Legate and it was done.
Then says based on the above voting Sally warrants a closer look.

Post 3: Responds to Boro who had made a comment about Nerwen and Sally from D1 (if I remember correctly it was something like "How did Sally end up with two votes?" followed by "Mean Finnish girls") Lommy's response to this was she didn't believe Nerwen and Sally were both wolves or if they were they were bold indeed. Or at least Nerwen was bold.

Post 4:
Quote:
If Sally, Kitanna and Nerwen are the wolves I'm likely to die of laughter. Seriously, what is this trio and their interactions? And why do they keep popping up in people's top suspects? Like, maybe even too much for them to be actually guilty, or then they are the most transparent wolf pack ever. Hmm, whatever the case, I do believe at least one of them is guilty, maybe even two.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #25
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Here and reading ...
Old 06-03-2014, 03:27 PM   #26
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Day 1:

Interesting things:
Lommy - began the 'should the Maniac reveal' discussion. Definitely an interesting idea that merited a lot of discussion. Shares Greenie's odd feeling about sally.

Legate - I still don't follow how the Maniac revealing would have ended up with a guaranteed Day 2 wolf lynch. Would appreciated more clarity here. Shares Greenie's odd feeling about sally but says this was gut, writes pretty much the opposite in his next post and clears her.

Nogrod - said Nerwen was overly happy to start with. This struck me as odd as he didn't mention Lommy's first post where she quite literally squealed with joy! Also suspicious of Lottie and Kitanna for almost pushing the hype of their own poor history.

Shasta - doesn't like Lommy and Legate's discussion of maniac lynching, and doesn't like Kitanna ignoring what the mod said about them.

Boro - makes the first halfway useful post of the game (discussing the maniac) even though his understanding of the role was very different to mine! But then Inzil only clarified later. Unhappy with Lommy pushing for reveals.

Votes:
Greenie --> sally ~ For non-committal commenting (later explained by sally to my satisfaction)
Legate --> Boro ~ For uneasiness and because he might be able to defend himself.
Lommy --> sally ~ Presumably based on the previous odd feeling from the post.
Nog --> Kitanna ~ For being around but not contributing.
Lottie --> Legate ~ Bad feeling.
Cop --> Legate ~ Disliking the later elements of his scenarios.
Nerwen --> Kitanna ~ Potentially pushing for the maniac to join the wolves.
Kitanna --> Legate ~ Pushing sally and then voting Boro (this vote puts herself and sally clear of the lynch)
sally --> Legate ~ Choosing between Kitanna and Legate

Now what is the rule on double lynching in this game? Because this could be rather important given that, had sally chosen Kitanna there, we would have had that scenario.

Going on to toDay.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #27
Kitanna
Child of the West

Coppermirror

Post 1: Banter. First poster.

Post 2: More of the same.

Post 3 & 4: Hold nothing of value, not even banter.

Post 5: Provides her first summary of the game thus far.
For Nerwen, Lottie, and me says there's not much to go on based on what he read.
Comments on Sally's maniac ideas (maniac=timebomb, maybe it's better not to know), but doesn't really say much of her thoughts on Sally.
She declares she won't vote for Lommy. Thinks her suggestion for the maniac to reveal is questionable, but notes she did get the conversation moving.
For Legate
Quote:
I like Legate's reasoning for (a) and (b) in post #35, but not (c) and (b).
I don't really have time to pull up how Legate's a,b,c worked right not, but essentially Cop agreed with some and disagreed with other parts. Also has this to say
Quote:
Takes time to explain the reasoning for his vote, which is good, but might even be slightly too careful.
I'm not sure how explaining a vote is being too careful. I'd rather have an explanation to use later, then gut feelings across the board.
Not going to vote for Nog based on consistency and contribution.
Doesn't have much to say about Shasta except his logic looks sound.
Quote:
Feeling relatively good about: Lommy, Nogrod
Neutral about: Sally, Shasta
No idea about: Kitanna, Lottie, Nerwen
Mildly suspicious of: Legate
Post 6: Continues where he left off
Says Greenie could be a wolf playing it safe.
Nothing to say on Kath except she won't vote on her because of her absence.
Won't vote for Boro because he got the discussion going so won't vote for him. However though she understands Boro's reasoning toward Lommy she doesn't agree.
Quote:
?????: Kath.
Neutral about: Greenie, Boro
Ends by saying he'll probably vote Legate.

Post 7: Votes Legate.

Today's posts:
Post 1: Looks at Greenie's posts concludes
Quote:
She doesn't seem to have strongly suspected anyone at all, and she was the first to vote and have to leave. I suppose it's possible she was a trailless kill, but I can't really believe that in a village this small. There must have been something.
Post 2: Puts up voting timeline. Doesn't see anything on the surface to point to guilt at the time of the post.

Post 3: Has this to say
Quote:
If Nerwen was a Moviephile trying to save a packmate Sally there, I'm not sure she would have been so obviously unhappy with the Sally vote. Same goes for Kitanna.
But doesn't really indicate how she feels about Nerwen beyond a theory of what Nerwen could have done as a wolf.
Says if Greenie was killed for being seerish Sally looks like a likely wolf.
Doesn't think Lottie's idea of the wolves picking a safe, non-maniac kill makes sense. Like Nerwen doesn't really say how she feels.
Says I look consistent, not overly suspicious.
Quote:
Lommy: Has been active toDay. Other than that, not a lot of change since yesterDay.
Nogrod: No posts since I last commented about him, I think.
Shasta: Ditto, and I'm worried about his lack of activity.
Kath: Also worried about lack of activity.
Still has no real feel for Boro.
Votes Sally based on Greenie possibly being a seerish kill.

Copper doesn't really commit to anyone. Cop has been very careful. She gives passes to nearly everyone, except one person, who she then votes for. Since it's only D2 I couldn't say for sure, but it seems like she is trying to stay on people's good sides and today she picks Sally, who I view as an easy target because of the likelihood Greenie was picked off as a possible seer. I can't say the same for Legate at the time of her vote, so I don't know what to think of that.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:07 PM   #28
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
You can't be kidding that no one but Kitanna posts in this thread! (kudos to Kit for that)

How are we supposed to play a game no one plays?

I need to vote in some near future and will most probably abstain from voting Kit again just because she plays - and anyway Sally looks like the better guess at the moment as she seems to be the centerpiece of the only one larger construction I can come up with (in that construction Kit is more like the one trying to lessen her guilt - and an innocent might like to go against the flow for the simple reason that the most obvious explanation could be wrong - as it certainly could).

But there are so many others in this game I'd rather hear more of to have more ideas than just these I have now - which are mostly kindled from the posts by Kit.

EDIT: X'd with Kath. Good. Someone is around.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote