The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-13-2007, 02:15 AM   #1
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Sean Bean Nation

Title inspired by the local warcry of Blades - they sing Sean Bean Nation to the tune of Zombie Nation.

This is just to say that if any fangirls (or boys) are in the vicinity of Westminster today you might be able to meet our hero:

Sean Bean Leads Football Protest

Old 06-13-2007, 05:28 AM   #2
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
As much as I would love United to stay in the Premiership I don't think even Sean Bean can pull this one off

"Not with ten thousand men could you do this, it is folly."

Nice to see he cares such much about his team though.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:34 AM   #3
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattius
As much as I would love United to stay in the Premiership I don't think even Sean Bean can pull this one off

Nice to see he cares such much about his team though.
Maybe he needs the Ring in order to pull it off
Old 06-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Funny you said that because when you first mentioned him kicking up a fuss about it I could just imagine him in his full Boromir outfit leading a load of Blades fans and shouting "For Sheff United! For Sheff United! For Sheff United!!"
Old 06-13-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
MatthewM
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MatthewM has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MatthewM
Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattius

Good one.

I love Sean Bean, but I think there are things in this world more important for him to rally over. All due respect...as he did portray my favorite character!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:26 AM   #6
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

I can't stop picturing the Seven Hills of Sheffield as Gondor, a city in turmoil, half of which is united behind Sean/Boromir against the threat of the evil West Ham, AKA Mordor.

Though I will not be happy if they turn Bramall Lane into the Pelennor Fields as there are enough chavs around to deal with without having ruddy oversized war elephants and ugly Orcs all over the shop.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:30 AM   #7
Beanamir of Gondor
Shade of Carn Dūm

Beanamir of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

As a neutral American (it still mystifies me how Man United continuously loses to West Ham, regardless of ranking), I find this whole argument to be hilarious: two of my best friends are West Ham fans because Elijah Wood was in Green Street Hooligans.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385002/

My firm opinion? Since Frodo has already run off to do a film about his favorite football team, perhaps Boromir should do the same. Regardless of artistic licence... though Boromir standing atop the battlements of Osgiliath dressed in the Sheffield colours is an entertaining thought.

"I only lent you my body; you lent me your dream."
Beanamir of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:57 PM   #8
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
This is just to say that if any fangirls (or boys)~Lal
Is that a reference to me?

Honestly though, I have (surprise) nothing but praise to say of Sean Bean's efforts here. He's always been a passionate and devoted Sheffield fan, I can't imagine anyone else leading the charge in this fight than Tolkien's very own Boromir.

What's funny is when I read this I mean he even says things that I imagine Boromir saying:
Quote:
"My message to MPs would be to thank them for the support we've had - I think we've had 40-plus MPs getting behind us and they've shown sympathy for our cause."
Reminds me of Boromir at the Council championing support for Gondor:
Quote:
"For though I do not ask for aid, we need it. It would comfort us to know that others fought also with all the means that they have."
Old 07-01-2007, 08:31 AM   #9
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Quote:
My firm opinion? Since Frodo has already run off to do a film about his favorite football team, perhaps Boromir should do the same. Regardless of artistic licence... though Boromir standing atop the battlements of Osgiliath dressed in the Sheffield colours is an entertaining thought.
Check it out! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114917/