The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-24-2005, 10:54 AM   #1
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Tol-in-Gaurhoth VII (The Saga goes ever on and on)

Welcome to Werewolf VII! For clarification and convenience, here are the rules:

Rules:

The players represent a village, and each member of the village has a role, which is kept secret. Most players are Ordinary Villagers, but three are Werewolves, one is a Seer, one a Hunter, one a Ranger, one a Cursed Villager, and two are Shiriffs. The goal of the villagers is to eliminate all of the werewolves. Likewise, the goal of the werewolves is to eliminate the villagers, which they can do if the number of non-werewolves is equal or less than the number of werewolves.

Gameplay

The game consists of two different phases: Night and Day. The game begins with a short Night post before the first Day.

Night

Night lasts 24 hours, or less if all night-time activity is completed before then.

During Night, only Werewolves may PM one another. The Werewolves must PM the Moderator about who they have chosen to kill.
The Seer must PM the Moderator concerning their Dream.
The Hunter must PM the Moderator concerning who they want to kill if they die.
The Ranger must PM the Moderator concerning who they want to protect.

Day

Day lasts 24 hours, or less if all day-time activity is completed before then.

During the daytime the villagers all wake up and find that one of their own has been killed by the werewolves. At this point at least one player is a werewolf and so someone is gonna get lynched.

During this phase all players, including werewolves who have assumed villager form, must publicly discuss their suspicions. Eventually it will reach a point where villagers start to cast votes for who they feel is a werewolf and must be lynched. Votes are non-retractable and are cast by bolding a name with a ++ sign before it, all in capitals, e.g. ++FIREFOOT. Votes should be on a separate line. DO NOT edit your posts to include a vote. At the end of the Day the player with the most votes is lynched (killed) and their secret role is revealed. If votes are tied, all nominees are killed. Double (or more) lynchings are FROWNED UPON and STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. In other words, if you do, you will bring the wrath of the Moddess Goddess down upon you.

When the lynching is finished all the villagers go back to their homes to sleep and the next Night begins.

Winning

The villagers win if they kill all of the werewolves. The werewolves win if they kill enough villagers so that their numbers are equal. At this point the werewolves can openly rise up and slaughter the rest of the villagers.

Roles (in slightly more detail):

Ordinary Villagers: All they have to do is deduce the werewolves by Day.

Werewolves: Choose one person to kill per Night by PMing one another and discussing their ideas, then PM the Moderator with this decision. Werewolves may not PM each other during Day. During Day, they should try to avoid detection as werewolves.

Seer: Chooses one person to Dream about each Night. The role of this person is revealed only to the Seer. During Day, the Seer should use this information to influence the debate as inconspicuously as possible.

Cursed Villager: The Cursed Villager doesn’t know that they are cursed. If the Cursed Villager is killed by Werewolves, the moderator will announce that nobody was killed. The Cursed Villager then becomes a Werewolf and is introduced to his/her new team mates. If the Cursed Villager is lynched, whether before or after transformation, their role will not be revealed.

The Werewolf Hunter: If the Hunter is killed by a Werewolf or hanged by Villagers, he/she names one other player before being killed. That player is then automatically killed. The Hunter should PM the Moderator each Night to say who they want to kill if they die during night. If the Hunter is lynched during Day, there might be a small delay in the beginning of the next Night as they will need to contact the Moderator

The Ranger: Each night, the Ranger names another player. If that player is the Werewolf victim, the victim survives and there is no death that night. The Ranger may not protect the same person twice in a row.

The Shirriffs: These are two otherwise Ordinary Villagers who know each other and thus know that they are both innocent. They may PM one another by Day to discuss ideas, but not by Night. They may not reveal their roles until one of them is dead. Upon the demise of one Shirriff, a final letter will be sent to the mod to be forwarded to the other Shirriff. There are two Shirriffs.

The Cobbler: This player is on the werewolves team, but is not a werewolf! The cobbler doesn’t know who the werewolves are, they don’t know who s/he is. The game does not end in a situation where #(werewolves+ cobbler) >= #villagers. The cobbler looks like a villager to the seer. The cobbler actually doesn’t mind being lynched in many cases, to protect a werewolf from dying.

Discrepancies

Compromising privacy: You can say you're a villager/seer/werewolf, etc. all you want, but under no circumstances should you post anything that would give your claim absolute credibility. You are not allowed to post any PMs or other private conversation between yourself and the game moderator. Infractions of this rule are grounds for immediately disqualification from that game and all future games.

Outside interference: Once you are killed in a werewolf game you should no longer post in the thread, or the Werewolf I thread, or communicate with players that are still alive in the game. You're dead. Dead people tell no tales. Breaching of this rule will result in disqualification from all future games.

Private Messages: Players may not PM one another about the game; all discussion must be open. The exceptions are the Werewolves, who may only PM one another during Night, and Shirriffs, who may only PM one another by DAY. Please remember to keep space for PMs from other players or the Moderator, if relevant.

Role Play: Players should not refer to the game as a game. I will have to insist that you do not mention past villagers whatsoever as this rule was completely ignored last game. It is, of course, okay to theorize concerning werewolf tactics. This hardly requires the words “When I was a Werewolf in Game II…” to be attached to the front of the theory. Breaking this rule will result in a warning, breaking it a second time will result in automatic lynching.

Please remember to stay invisible. You can do this by going to User CP, change options and clicking the Invisible Mode button.

Players:

Dancing Spawn - Landlady
Durelin - Dead-header of flowers (has selective memory)
Elf-warrior - Butcher
Encai - Wandering gypsy
Eomer - Generous dancer
Feanor - Pathological liar
Kath - Undertaker
Kitanna - Town crier
Lhuna - Lhunatic
LMP - Local stuffy old astrologer
Mormegil - Official executioner
Nilp - Suspicious wolf breeder
Oddwen - Tourist
Oromin - Musician
Saurreg - Shepherd
TGWBS - Blacksmith
TORE - Weedgrower
Wilwa - Town Troubadour

There are:

3 wolves
1 seer
1 ranger
1 hunter
1 cobbler
1 cursed villager
2 shirriffs
8 ordinary villagers

~*~*~*~

Here follows the account of a village. Depending on the perspective, the village may or may not be considered a pleasant one, but the account is certainly not pleasant. The name of the village (according to some sources) is Loveland, ironically enough, as the villagers would find to their unpleasant surprise that the village was not so loving as it may have seemed. The new unpleasant phase of the village’s history began to unfold as a chill breeze blew through the village under the pale light of the rising moon as (most of) the villagers went to bed with a (reasoned) chill in their bones and an (unreasoned) chill in their hearts…

It is now Night 1. The wolves may communicate with each other to strategize; the Seer needs to send me a choice of a dream. Night will end in 24 hours.

Last edited by Firefoot; 07-24-2005 at 02:31 PM.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:03 AM   #2
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

It was a red dawn that the villagers awoke to in the morning. Most of them took little note of this – “how pretty,” thought one, and, “what a nice sunny day,” thought another – though perhaps they should have. No, most of them were simply relieved that their premonitions of the previous night had seemingly come to naught. After all, what bad could ever happen in a village with a name like Loveland, anyway?

And so, the villagers began to go about their business for the day. It was not until mid-morning that someone realized that everything was not all right. “Has anyone seen Firefoot yet this morning?”

No one had, and Firefoot was not the type to simply turn up missing. Fear reawakened in the hearts of the villagers as they hurried down the street to Firefoot’s house.

“There’s smoke coming from the chimney,” noted one villager in relief. “Maybe she’s just sick or something…”

“Let’s knock,” stated another, more skeptical villager. The chap at the front of the troop rapped on the door; this soon turned into a pounding after getting no answer. “Something’s wrong. We’ll have to break down the door,” he commented, trying the door knob without luck. The pair at the back exchanged looks. Breaking down the door was extreme… and Firefoot would be none too happy if her door was destroyed. One of them ventured, “Maybe if someone could slip through a window and unlock the door…? Firefoot always leaves her windows open.” This was true, and the smallest villager was hoisted in through the window.

Shortly they were all standing inside the door. “Something smells in here,” commented someone, "like something's burning." The scent grew stronger as they came to the back of the house. Gagging could be heard from at least one villager. Finally, they entered the last room and a horrible sight greeted them.

Firefoot had been drowned; her body lay face up in a tub full of water. Her facial features were twisted in pain, for the tub had been pushed up against the stove, and her feet, which had been stuck into the stove, were even now burning – though most of the flesh was gone by now. Something had been burning all right - Firefoot's feet.

“Who could do such a thing?” cried one of the villagers. One of the more stolid souls stepped closer to the body and noticed that Firefoot’s stiffened hand held a sheet of paper. He gently pried it loose and saw that it had at one point held a great deal more writing than could now be read. What was still legible, however, made him blanch.

“Well? What does it say?” demanded a villager.

“Most of the ink has been blurred from the water…” he muttered. “But part of it is clear enough.” He held up the damp parchment for all to see. Though blurry, there could be no doubt: 3 werewolves.

“We must kill them or die trying!” swore one villager. The ominous words seemed to echo in the suddenly still room as they all turned to stare at the unfortunate villager. “Er… maybe we should step outside, where the air is fresher and we can think clearer?” he suggested weakly. Nevertheless, the proposition was followed, though all the while the villagers were shooting uneasy, suspicious looks at their companions. 3 wolves…

~*~*~*~

Living:

Dancing Spawn
Durelin
Elf-warrior
Encai
Eomer
Feanor
Kath
Kitanna
Lhuna
LMP
Mormegil
Nilpaurion
Oddwen
Oromin
Saurreg
TGWBS
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Firefoot – drowned and burned by werewolves on Night 1

Score:

Werewolves – 3
Villagers - 15

It is now Day 1. Day will end in 24 hours. Wolves, stop PM’ing. Shirriffs may start.

Remember: You should be on invisible mode. I can still see at least one of you.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:12 AM   #3
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Looks as though I'll be busy these next few days, what with being the town executioner and all. I say we get lynching and do it soon, I've got lunch to eat.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:22 AM   #4
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
It's good to hear that you haven't lost your appetite, mormegil. What are you having - some chicken legs, perhaps?
Old 07-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #5
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

What a mess - send for the cleaner!

I always liked that lass. Feisty she was, and powerful intelligent. I remember something she once told me: "Celebration and box socialing may be amusing, but it don't make you see clearer." Now, I always took this as ever so slightly derogatory toward myself but regardless, I won't mock the dead. Only I would point out that I'm seeing clearer than she is right now.

We've wolves that need hunting and no mistake. Now, they say death follows me around like trouble follows Nilpaurion, and for that I am truly sorry. 'Twasn't my choice, 'twasn't my doing. Some folks are just born unlucky. Leastways that's what my grandaddy always told me.

I would like to immediately propose that you do not lynch me.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:33 AM   #6
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Me neither. Considering its my first game I should obviously be given a fair chance.

I find that Morm is a little too eager for some blood shed don't you think?
Old 07-25-2005, 11:37 AM   #7
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Not really. I mean, we do have werewolves among us. I'm kinda eager for some bloodshed too; after all, I'd like to live and be free from these monsters. The sooner we kill them the better.

Besides, he's an executioner; he's a bloodthirsty rogue and we love him for it.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:38 AM   #8
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Morm is always eager for blood, he is the town executioner after all.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:20 PM   #9
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
Morm is always eager for blood, he is the town executioner after all.
Point taken. After all, I'm in a bloody profession too . And TORE, I think that in the maze of accusations someone is going to accuse a wolf, or maybe more than one. But a lot of innocents will be accused too, most likely.

Last edited by The Elf-warrior; 07-27-2005 at 09:30 AM. Reason: To actually correct my error. Changed from "Originally posted by Kath" to Kitanna.
The Elf-warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:39 AM   #10
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Bah, what a mess. And it's a terrible bother what with havin' a tourist like that Oddwen here to see all this! I can assure you, miss, that things like this aren't normal occurrences. Drowned and burned but not a bit chewed upon?
These wolves are a bit strange, to say the least.

Now I'm sorry to be so blunt, no actually I'm not, but lets not here any of this "the best thing to do is cross-examine & analyze each person." It's more than likely that every good intentioned villager was asleep, so we have no witnesses. You all can say what you want, but it seems to me that this first lynching will be mostly a shootin' in the dark. Aside from a rare first day mistake, which I should doubt we'll find, the only thing we can really use are voting records & discernable patterns, & we have neither of those right now. So lets not start wasting breath on rhetoric about examinazation & analyzating. We can keep a sharp eye out for suspicious behavior, but we've not much more than that to go on.

I do agree, though, that we not rush to any conclusions. As for me I'm going to go have a bit of a smoke to clear my head.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:40 AM   #11
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
My word... *peeks into basket on arm* I do hope Firefoot was fond of Morning Glories... And I figure the dead won't mind dead flowers. I'll have to scatter some upon her grave, the poor dear. Though it seems I had best save some... Looks like we're in for it, dearies. By lynching or murdering...though a fine line it is between the two, yes it is...

Them werewolves are in for it if they try and get a piece of me! *shakes fist, unfortunately attached to the arm upon which the basket dangles, scattering dead flower blossoms upon the ground* Oh dear...I forgot about my flowers... *spots some carnations and runs over to them, inspecting them*
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:43 AM   #12
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Oh my! It's so sad about poor Firefoot. She was a nice lass and will be missed by all. It's terrible that anybody would do such a thing to her. We must expend all our efforts in killing these wolves!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:20 AM   #13
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Poor Firefoot, may she rest in peace. I don't know who did this. The only people who do are the wolves and maybe the Seer knows one. I don't think we should rush to judgment mormegil.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:21 AM   #14
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I agree, we should take our time with this decision.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:15 AM   #15
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Thanks Nilp

How could I forget my trusty abacus??

Unfortunately, the abacus deems that spawn is the primary suspect, and I'm not too suspicious of her.

Just for now, I'd like to suggest a Fea-Nilp-Eomer trio. Who are we kidding? We're gonna lynch them anyway.

I feel like voting for Elf warrior, more or less on a whim. I'll see how it goes.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:35 AM   #16
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well it's nice to see that Nilp and Lhuna have turned up alive, if a bit the worse for wear. And I think I finally have the role of the cobbler making sense so thanks to Morm and the ghost of Firefoot for that.

As to suspicions how am I supposed to form any when there are so many people! The only person I really have ill-feelings about, and that's not even real suspicion, is TGWBS. He just seems far to keen to lynch people to me and that smacks a bit of werewolvishness. Kill in the night, lynch in the day - death all round. And his continuing attack on Fea and Eomer could just be a joke but maybe it's something a little more sinister.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:55 AM   #17
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Now, now, Kath, don't be accusing people just cos they want to lynch people. If we don't lynch anybody, nothing happens.

And why would I want to kill Fea and Eomer when there are many more suspicious looking people around? Jest, my dear. It's what blacksmiths do. That and make stuff.

Day closes. Nilp voted for himself. Even if he isn't the Cobbler, he's a cobbler, so why not?

On the other foot, I'm still watching everybody else... yes, I am! With my eyes! And my ears! So beware...

*Goes back to The Forge*
Old 07-26-2005, 06:02 AM   #18
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
I feel like voting for Elf warrior, more or less on a whim
Thats what I was referring to when I said you were too keen on lynching people. There is no reasoning behind it!
Old 07-26-2005, 06:05 AM   #19
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

*skips into the town square*

Hullo, me cherubs!

What's this? Suspicion directed my way? Now, now, I already admitted that Death seems to enjoy my company but He has to get bored sometime, right?

Anyway, I have a feeling that Nilp is innocent. A difficult, tricksy, and confusticating innocent yes, but an innocent all the same. What are your thoughts on suicide? If you're against it then it might be an idea to save him (however futile) but if you've nothing against it then it might be an idea to play along with the poor guy. Because after all, we have nothing to go on.

The wolves are being very clever indeed, and the innocents are being extremely good at keeping out of trouble. No-one is giving anyone else a reason to go after them.

A slow start to the Hunt, then.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:23 AM   #20
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

So Nilp does that often???

Well looks like people are just throwing accusations around randomly. So I might as well do the same.

I have a bad feeling about Morm and TGWBS.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:39 AM   #21
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
As was promised, here are the few solid facts we've got so far:

Dancing Spawn: accused Saurreg
Durelin: thinks there may be a Fea/Eomer team
Eomer: defended mormegil and Nilp
Fea: suspicious of TGWBS, defends Nilp and Wilwa
Kath: accuses TGWBS, defends Fea
Kitanna: defends mormegil
Lhuna: accuses Nilp, incriminates herself with howls at the moon
LMP: accuses Lhuna with help from the stars
Mormegil: accuses Saurreg
Nilp: voted for himself, unsurprisingly. Yes Wilwa, he does that often.
Oddwen: accused Nilp
Saurreg: accused Nilp
TGWBS: accused everybody. Defends his accusations of Fea/Eomer as a joke. Also defends Spawn.
Wilwa: accuses morm and TGWBS
Old 07-26-2005, 09:08 AM   #22
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

The day grows old.

++Nilpaurion Felagund

He's gonna confuse me anyway. Best get rid of him once and for all (and get his lynch rate up to a semi-respectable 67%).
Old 07-26-2005, 09:18 AM   #23
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
I canna stay for long, me flock needs tending to. Can yer hear them mangy wulf howling o'relly?

So before me go, me kast me vote:

++sus'pis wulf breedah, Nilp

've yer a stinking wulf, may yer flesh rut und skin fawl uff!

If not, at least yer'll pay for dah krimes of yer fawl dogs!

Oooh Mary, Patty, Baa Baa and Firefoot!!! Maye d'ish day bring yer innocent souls justis'h.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:22 AM   #24
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Does anyone actually think that Nilp is a werewolf? I seriously doubt it. He voted for himself.
What better way to disguise himself. For a lack of anybody else saying "lynch me, I'm a wolf" I'm going with Nilpy.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #25
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

This time the villagers were certain they had pinpointed a wolf; everything about Kitanna pointed to a furry secret. Being so confident, the villagers were also eager to give their gallows another shot – after all, werewolves were supposed to be hung. No one knew why, exactly, but that was the way it was supposed to be done.

“Just give me a chance!” pleaded Kitanna. “I’m innocent, honest! I’ll… I’ll even point you in the direction of the real wolves!”

“Wolvish lies, all of it!” retorted the villagers. “You’d probably point out innocents, anyway.” There was nothing Kitanna could say to this, so she remained defiantly quiet.

The villagers had learned from their mistakes in more than one way – they were even willing to let their official executioner oversee the proceedings – so they said. As they drew nearer to the gallows their blood ran the hotter and the more mob-like they became. So while the executioner was allowed up to the gallows, he never actually had a hand in tying the noose, and he certainly did not get to use his axe, which he regretfully left leaning against the base of the gallows.

“I suppose you’ve figured out how to tie a slip-knot by now?” Kitanna asked sweetly.

“Shut your mouth, you wolf,” snapped a villager (the one who was trying and failing at getting a proper slip-knot tied). Finally, though, the rope was tied to everyone’s satisfaction and the noose was slipped around Kitanna’s neck. The shouts and jeers of the mob suddenly grew very quiet: here came the moment of truth.

They were about to pull the lever when with a startling snarl, Kitanna began to transform. Her nose lengthened into a snout, her chest broadened, and thick grey hair sprouted all over her body. Someone shrieked; another shouted, “Hang her! Now!” But the villager in charge of working the gallows was too stunned to move.

One level-headed villager thought quickly. With a stroke of brilliance, he snatched the executioner’s axe (once more, the mob had prevented their unfortunate executioner from reaching it) and, stepping as close to the raging wolf-Kitanna as he dared, took a wild swing at her neck.

In later days, some would debate whether it was luck or skill that guided the hand of the villager (most say luck). The axe did not slice through Kitanna’s neck as intended, but it did lodge between her shoulder blades, effectively severing her spinal column and paralyzing her. She hung limply from the noose, which finally worked though the gallows had never been activated, and soon suffocated.

Victorious at last, the villagers retired to their homes in rejoicing. After several innocents’ deaths, they had killed a werewolf.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Dancing Spawn
Elf-warrior
Encai
Eomer
Kath
Lhuna
LMP
Mormegil
Oromin
Saurreg
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Nilpaurion (Ordinary Villager) – beat piñata style and killed by villagers on Day 1
Fea (Ordinary Villager) – gutted and stuffed by werewolves on Night 2
Oddwen (Ranger) – killed by Nilp’s villager-provoked wolves on Day 2
Durelin (Hunter) – Deadheaded by werewolves on Night 3
TGWBS (Ordinary Villager) - Slain by Hunter on Night 3
Kitanna (Werewolf) – Paralyzed and hung by villagers on Day 3

Score:

Werewolves – 2
Villagers – 10

It is now Night 4. I need names from the Wolves and Seer; Shirriffs should stop PM'ing. Night will end in 24 hours.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:42 AM   #26
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

It was a drizzly sort of morning when the villagers awoke on the morning of Day 4. Quickly taking stock of their numbers (which, alas, was growing ever smaller) and found that [d]Dancing Spawn[/b] no longer lived among them.

What would they do without their beloved landlady? Absurd question: she had had but one tenant, already dead, and it was unlikely that any more would come to this mistakenly named village.

With these heavy thoughts in mind, the villagers headed off to Dancing Spawn’s lovely home. Today, the door was wide open and inside were signs of evident struggle. The front room was the room in which possible tenants had their first impression of Dancing Spawn’s ably run business, and she had always taken great pride in its appearance. Now, however, the curtains were shredded, the furniture in pieces, and the stuffing from the pillows had been ripped out. The wolves had clearly been on a rampage the previous night, and for good reason: the villager they had thought was the Seer was no seer at all. In fact, she was completely ordinary.

On the stairway, the fifth and sixth steps had been smashed in, revealing the contents of the closet beneath. It was into this closet that Dancing Spawn had been stuffed (through the hole in the stairs, not the door). The villagers saw clearly that she had been put through a lot of pain before being killed: her legs and arms were both twisted in such ways as no limbs were meant to be built. Finally satisfied with the painful punishment for not being the seer, the wolves had twisted her head around 180 degrees, instantly killing the unfortunate landlady.

Some thought she looked reminiscent of a pretzel; others merely saw a knot. Either way, it looked to have been an entirely unpleasant experience. Rather sickened by the sight, the villagers retreated outside, and for once, no one had anything to say.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Elf-warrior
Encai
Eomer
Kath
Lhuna
LMP
Mormegil
Oromin
Saurreg
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Nilpaurion (Ordinary Villager) – beat piñata style and killed by villagers on Day 1
Dancing Spawn (Ordinary Villager) – Twisted like a pretzel and stuffed in a closet by werewolves on Night 4

Score:

Werewolves – 2
Villagers – 9

It is now Day 4. Shirriffs may PM each other; werewolves should stop. Day will end in 24 hours.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:18 PM   #27
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
What does everybody else think about the seer revealing themselves to us today? I say he/she should if they know enough information to make it worth while. Sadly the only person that can know for certain is the seer. They should use prudence in this but I believe I know who the seer is and will listen to that individual carefully.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:28 PM   #28
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Should the Seer reveal his/herself? Let's not panic yet. Loveland was a pretty big village; there are still plenty of innocents yet alive.

If Firefoot is to be read in the way I read her, it appears as if the wolves have no clue who the Seer is. So that's good.

I still think we should lynch Oromin today. It's very clear: In all probability, she is either a wolf or the cobbler. It's the best option we have at the moment.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:34 PM   #29
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

I agree about Oromin to a degree. I'd say she could be at the very least the cobbler. But I'm also suspicious of Lhuna & a little suspicious of lmp. It is satisfying to see the wolves bungle attemtps at killing the seer - whoever the seer is is doing a great job of hiding!

I probably won't be able to post again today, if I do I will be extremely suprised.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:19 AM   #30
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Only Real Estel, If Encaitare is innocent then Wilwarin is almost certainly innocent. Wilwa hasn't denied that she's a shirriff.
From post 172:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare
I act this way because every small hint of defending or accusing someone is blown out of proportion in this game.
From post 225:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oromin
Lhuna and wilwa are my fellow wolves.
This is a lie on at least one account.
From post 246:
Quote:
I do not know why everyone is casting so much blame on Wilwa; it is certainly unjustified.
Couldn't someone say that he/she knows that Encaitare is lying if she is?
More tomorrow, I hope. I must get to bed.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:59 AM   #31
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

As was usual, the villagers met outside in the morning, each relieved to still be alive while dreading to find one of their own dead. Today, it was littlemanpoet who had turned up missing. In a routine that was becoming all too familiar, the villagers trudged off to lmp’s house. What cruel and inhuman killing method had the wolves come up with tonight?

LMP did not have a large house, but it was noted in the village for being the only house in the village that had a third story, which lmp had used for his stargazing. It was here that the villagers soon ended up, climbing two sets of rickety wooden stairs and passing two completely unordinary stories.

The third story was a different story, though. Up here, not only had LMP done all of his studying of the heavens, but he had also kept hundreds of books all pertaining to his rather imprecise craft on numerous book shelves. Once there had also been a table and chairs. Now, the place was a mess. LMP was nowhere to be seen, but every single bookshelf had been toppled and books littered the floor in heaps. Many pages had been torn out; some books were missing front or back covers. The only two items in reasonable shape were the table and the telescope on top of it, which was missing only the lenses.

“He’s probably buried in one of these heaps,” moaned one villager. “We’ll never find him.”

But another caught a strange feature of the telescope: it did not point out to the sky through the open window as one might expect; rather, it was aimed downward, toward one of the overturned bookshelves. “I bet he’s under there,” said that villager.

So with a show of combined strength, the villagers moved the heavy bookshelf off the stack and started digging through the books. Soon, they came to a layer that was all pages stuffed around the body of LMP, as a packager might try to protect a fragile item. The pages were especially thick around his head. Hesitantly, they unwrapped LMP and found that his arms and legs had been tied, and that the ropes had been bolted to the floor. LMP could not have escaped if he tried. They also found the missing telescope lenses: they had been stuffed into LMP’s eyes, even though by the time the wolves had gotten that far, they had already figured out that LMP was not the Seer.

“Suffocated,” declared one. The villagers nodded in agreement. Originally, they thought he had been crushed under the bookshelf, but the pages had been too neatly packed.

Sighing with resignation, the villagers headed downstairs and outside. They had a full day’s work ahead of them.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Encai
Eomer
Kath
Lhuna
Mormegil
Oromin
Saurreg
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Dancing Spawn (Ordinary Villager) – Twisted like a pretzel and stuffed in a closet by werewolves on Night 4
Elf-Warrior (Ordinary Villager) – Stabbed through with knives by villagers on Day 4
LMP (Ordinary Villager) – Suffocated by werewolves on Night 5.

Score:

Werewolves – 2
Villagers – 7

It is now Day 5. Werewolves, stop PM’ing; Shirriffs may start.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:06 PM   #32
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Cursed Villager:
Quote:
The Cursed Villager doesn’t know that they are cursed. If the Cursed Villager is killed by Werewolves, the moderator will announce that nobody was killed. The Cursed Villager then becomes a Werewolf and is introduced to his/her new team mates. If the Cursed Villager is lynched, whether before or after transformation, their role will not be revealed.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:14 PM   #33
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I'm glad you've finally figured out that indeed it would be a good idea to lynch me. I find it so funny that despite the fact that I told you I was a wolf several DAYs ago, you still have left me alive. It indeed seems that I have done the thing which will make you least likely to ever lynch me. Never the less, I hope that perhaps toDAY you may manage to do what should have been done DAYs ago. Therefore:

++OROMIN
Old 08-02-2005, 06:27 PM   #34
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I am becoming far more suspicious of Eomer and TORE though I've been wrong before and I was fairly convinced of E-w and was completely wrong on him . I think LMP may have been right and Eomer could be trying to pull off a double bluff. I think I will be looking more closely in to this tomorrow. That's because I've voted today, but I'm waiting to see what happens to Oromin today and then I think we need to look more closely at those two. They have been far too smooth.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:39 PM   #35
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
I think I will be looking more closely in to this tomorrow
Great. Thanks. Unless you are a wolf you've just set me up for a perfect frameup.

Quote:
They have been far too smooth
There seems to be an unfortunate attitude in this game that if someone seems innocent he must be guilty. While that can be true sometimes there is usually some shred of irrefutable evidence that can be found. But suspicions will be suspicions, & I do not hold yours against you.

I hate decisions, I will most likely vote Lhuna or Oromin. I am thinking Lhuna but that is in no way, shape, or form settled & there is still much time before the voting needs to be done. I am curious, morm, why is it that you seem to find it necessary to vote so early? I don't want to be last every time, but if someone brings up something important (especially with this few villagers left) I like to know that I haven't casted an irretractable vote yet...
Old 08-02-2005, 10:20 PM   #36
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I am so highly confused. I think I did make a mistake TORE in voting so ealry. I thought I was fairly convinced of Oromin's guilt though now I'm not as sure. I've been reading through some old posts and now I'm thinking that Wilwarin is actually guilty, unless somebody *coughshirrifcough* can vouch for her innocence. Why I say this is in two distinct posts Kitanna, a known wolf, said something very similar about Wilwarin. In post 102 and 218 she talks about others either their innocence or possible guilt and yet she says in both that Wilwarin deserves watching. After which she does nothing about it and only mentions her in passing. Now this could be innocent yet it seems more than suspicious to me.

Eomer is confusing me like mad. I read through most of his posts and I'm just not sure what to make of him. To have him as the wolf mastermind would make sense yet he went strongly after Kitanna. Of course, that could have been planned but I'm not sure.

Oromin I think is more than likely the cobbler and without anyone else who was overly suspicious at the time I voted for her. (Mainly due to RL problems and I was unsure that I'd be able to get on much after that time, I was wrong of course) But if I were to give it percentages I would say about 33% says guilty and 67% of me says she's innocent yet a cobbler.

Unsure of the others. I would retract my vote and vote for Wilwarin if I could, unless somebody vouches for her innocence.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:49 AM   #37
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

The Day had not afforded much discussion, but the villagers were fairly set that Oromin was a wolf. And if she wasn’t, they’d be eliminating just that much more confusion from the town.

“So you will be taking my advice,” commented Oromin, a hint of amusement in her voice. “It’s about time.”

As in Days past, the jostling mob harried and herded Oromin up towards the gallows. One villager declared, “It’s all fixed up now. This hanging should go without a hitch.” There were some who had doubts, though – and they were right.

With confidence now, a few villagers stepped up to tie the noose around Oromin’s neck. Just barely had the rope settled around her shoulders before Oromin started to undergo a frightening transformation – deepened chest; stronger, more muscled legs, broadened snout, and thick grey hair all over her body. Without having the chance to tie the knot, the villagers still standing near leapt away from the beast now tenuously attached to their defective gallows.

The wolf Oromin lunged about on her leash, first outward towards the crowd, then back, bracing herself against the long arm of the gallows before jumping out again.

“She’s going to hang herself,” muttered one villager in mild relief. But as some villagers noted, the beating the gallows was getting from Oromin’s furious attacks was causing it to start rocking with Oromin’s lunges. With one last shove from Oromin’s furry legs, the rope around her neck broke and the gallows toppled over – by some strange chance of fortune, trapping Oromin underneath with the top beam of the gallows across her chest.

Oromin writhed and scrabbled at the heavy gallows trapping her in place. No one would venture near, for fear of being bitten, scratched, or otherwise harmed. One villager had an idea, though and climbed up on top of the long beam, well away from Oromin’s furious attacks.

“Crush the wolf!” he cried. The villagers quickly understood and with their combined weight weighing down on Oromin’s torso, her ribs soon cracked and her organs were crushed, killing her within seconds, and none too soon: not meant to hold so much weight, the wooden beam cracked. Their gallows was now overturned and broken beyond repair (not that it had ever worked anyway); they would need to find a new means of lynching their suspects.

The villagers returned to their homes in relative satisfaction at having caught a wolf, feeling confident that they could catch the last wolf tomorrow and be done with it. After their latest victory, anything seemed possible.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Encai
Eomer
Kath
Lhuna
Mormegil
Saurreg
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Elf-Warrior (Ordinary Villager) – Stabbed through with knives by villagers on Day 4
LMP (Ordinary Villager) – Suffocated by werewolves on Night 5
Oromin (Werewolf) – Crushed under gallows by villagers on Day 5

Score:

Werewolves – 1
Villagers – 7

It is now Night 6. I need names from the Seer and remaining Wolf. Shirriffs should stop PM'ing. Night will end in 24 hours.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:14 AM   #38
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

A red sun rose, heralding the dawn and the start of a new Day. A great many villagers would have preferred simply to stay in bed and leave the werewolf problem to work itself out… but, of course, this was not an option and the villagers reluctantly trudged out to the square for the morning head count, which revealed that they had once more lost once of their numbers during the night: Kath was conspicuously absent.

With a tingling of dread, the villagers traipsed off to Kath’s simple cottage. The door was opened, so the villagers went right on in where they were met by a gory sight. Kath’s body lay in a heap on the floor, her head face down. The back of her head was a gory mess… in fact, where was the back of her head? Apparently, Kath had been scalped!

One of the villagers tried to take a step forward for a closer look and tripped. The villagers didn’t see what but realized that it must have been a some kind of wire or string because at the same moment the villager tripped, Kath’s body sprung up as if alive, hanging from the ceiling. For a few instants, her eyeless face gazed eerily out at them before the villager who had tripped hastily untangled his foot from the tripwire and Kath’s body fell once more to the floor with a whump.

What was more, the remaining wolf had been excessively eager with the scalping, taking out the back of Kath’s skull – so that when Kath’s body once more crumpled to the ground, her brains began to spill out at impact. The villagers hastily averted their eyes at this gruesome sight.

Looking straight ahead, the villagers could see the mantelpiece, which they realized had been swiped clear of all its contents. Only three items remained: Kath’s scalp and her eyeballs. Kath’s Seeing eyes saw no more, and what was more: it seemed that any information she had gleaned on the villagers had been cast into the fireplace and burned. Nothing concrete had been left for them to follow up on.

“Dead men tell no tales,” mumbled someone.

Sickened by the sight of Kath’s body and having seen all they needed to know, the villagers hastened back outside, wondering who among them had committed this gruesome act.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Encai
Eomer
Lhuna
Mormegil
Saurreg
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

LMP (Ordinary Villager) – Suffocated by werewolves on Night 5
Oromin (Werewolf) – Crushed under gallows by villagers on Day 5
Kath (Seer) – Scalped with eyeballs ripped out by werewolves on Night 6

Score:

Werewolves – 1
Villagers – 6

It is now Day 6. Shirriffs may start PM’ing. Day will end in 24 hours.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:45 PM   #39
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Here's a list of all of Kath's posts and what they contained.

DAY 1

#16 - No accusations or defenses.
#19 - "No gifted villager can really hint at their role until at least one wolf is dead."
#23 - Says she was actually just thinking of the Shirriffs when she wrote the above quote.
#46 - Asks for clarification regarding the role of the cobbler.
#68 - Suspects TGWBS because he is "far too keen to lynch people".
#70 - Says TGWBS accuses without reason.

Does not vote.

DAY 2

#152 - Attributes her lack of vote to RL problems and not being able to get on the computer in time.
#168 - Long post. Can't believe people thought Nilp was a wolf because "his act was just too obvious." Thinks Kitanna voted for Nilp out of the fear that if he really was a wolf, suspicion would be cast on her. Says she will closely watch Encai and make a decision later. Thinks innocent: Mormegil, Wilwa, Dancing Spawn, Eomer. Neutral/unsure about: Oddwen, TGWBS, Kitanna, Saurreg, Encai, TE-W, LMP, TORE. Suspicious of: Durelin, Oromin, Lhuna. Thinks that Lhuna's howling and odd behavior might be a way to hide in the open.
#200 - Mentions suspicions of Oddwen, Durelin, TGWBS, and TE-W. Votes for Durelin.

DAY 3

#217 - Says if Oromin were indeed the cobbler, we should not lynch her; suggests she might be a wolf in disguise. Is suspicious of Wilwa, Kitanna, and TE-W.
#219 - Asks Kitanna to clarify theory regarding TE-W.
#221 - Reiterates suspicion of Kitanna and TE-W.
#226 - Says she "sincerely believe[s]" Kitanna is a wolf and Oromin most likely the cobbler. Thinks only one of the two Oromin named (Wilwa and Lhuna) is a wolf. Is now unsure regarding TE-W.
#236 - Creates plan to lynch, in order, Kitanna, Wilwa, and TE-W. Says if one of them is innocent, Oromin should then be lynched.
#240 - Disagrees with Kitanna that Oromin's absence will hurt the game.
#243 - Says she would not mind changing the lynch order to Kitanna, TE-W, Wilwa. Wants everyone to agree on a plan.
#259 - Says TE-W is placing blame on her to avoid getting lynched himself. Votes for Kitanna.

DAY 4

#283 - Is apprehensive towards the idea of the Seer revealing him/herself. Says TE-W should be suspected before Oromin.
#299 - Wants a double-lynching of TE-W and Oromin. Urges TE-W, Oromin, and Wilwa to vote for Oromin to make this possible. Votes for Oromin.

DAY 5

#315 - Wants to lynch Oromin. Is no longer suspicious of Wilwa. Is "worried" about Eomer.
#318 - Asks about the role of the Cursed Villager.
#327 - "At the moment I would guess that the Seer does not know who the wolves are or they would have revealed themselves for the good of the village." Is suspicious of Morm. Votes for Oromin.

-------------------------------------------------

So what does all this mean? Who might she have dreamed about? The first DAY she makes nothing clear to us. It would seem that she was suspicious of TGWBS, but we know he was innocent. From her posts on DAY 2, she suspects Oddwen, Durelin, TGWBS, and TE-W. All of these were innocent. DAY 3, votes for Kitanna. She may have dreamt about her. I think she dreamt about Oromin as well, since she very much wanted her dead. Also, I think she might have dreamt about me, since she said she was going to watch me closely.

I don't really know who to suspect. The remaining wolf is playing it very close to the vest -- and let's not forget about the Cursed Villager! Vote wisely, O Lovelanders, lest we release another wolf among us!
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:08 PM   #40
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I've given it a lot of thought and I'm not convinced of Saurreg's guilt. I truly believe Lhuna is the cobbler so, in my eyes, the most suspicious is Saurreg. The problem I have with this is a single wolf at this stage wouldn't be acting this way. Because if he was successful in lynching me and he kills one more tonight he will be killed in the day and the village wins. I think, now, that he may simply be a misguided innocent.

If that's the case do I want to lynch Eomer? I don't know. Does anybody else have any feelings or ideas on this?

Also we have yet to hear from Wilwa and Lhuna. I would like to hear from Wilwa because I believe her innocent and therefore has a more valueable opinion than the others.

I think I will see about rereading Eomer and seeing what I can find.