The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-03-2005, 08:38 AM   #1
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Thumbs up Balrog Appreciation Month

Well everyone, you know what month it is! That's right! It's.... BALROG APPRRECITAION MONTH!!! So let's give a big hand to the "Balrog's of Morgoth" as Captain Obvious puts it. So if you see a Balrog, wear a fire protective suit (we don't want anyone to get 3rd degree burns now do we?) and give it a hug. But what ever you do, DON'T ASK IT IF IT HAS WINGS!!! Remember, this month isn't dedicated to bothering the Balrog's, it's to appreciate them. As you can see by my avvie, I've already started celebrating! So come in, join the fun and remember, no asking it if it has wings.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:35 AM   #2
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Sweet! Balrogs are so cool! Who else could be on fire but cast shadow out instead of light?! I sure wish I could do that, it would be great at parties for lighting effects. I've always admired the Balrogs as a group because together they defeated even Ungoliant, who Morgoth was overcome by! That's like awesome. They could have theoretically overthrown the Dark Lord; though this is impossible because they were completely obedient to him(obedience gives them extra points, too). So basically... they are just freakin' sweet!
Old 09-03-2005, 12:00 PM   #3
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Sweet! Balrogs are so cool! Who else could be on fire but cast shadow out instead of light?! I sure wish I could do that, it would be great at parties for lighting effects.
Only one slight problem with that. There would be no light. But I agree completely, it would be really awsome. Have fir encircling you and not getting hurt and cast darkness. So cool! Hey! Look! It's a Balrog! I'm gonna give it a hug! *puts on fire protective suit* Mr. Balrog! Come Back!! I want to give you a hug!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2005, 12:34 PM   #4
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Only one slight problem with that. There would be no light.
"Fire and Shadow."
Old 09-03-2005, 04:05 PM   #5
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
I suppose if I have to find something appreciative about Balrogs, I guess it would be without them there would be no cool fight to the deaths between Gandalf and a balrog in TTT and Legolas (Orlando Bloom) wouldn't have been able to do that scared-stare (FOTR) when he properly had brown eyes.
Whew, I guess that wasn't so bad *pats balrog on head*.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:36 PM   #6
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420! Hot dog!

*hands out long, springy strapplings from yew trees, carefully carved into a point at one end, and lots and lots and lots of bags of marshmellows*
Old 09-03-2005, 07:38 PM   #7
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dűm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Bob the Balrog!!!

I want to appreciate my favourite Balrog. His name is Bob. Moreover, I would like to express my appreciation in song:

For he's a jolly good balrog,
For he's a jolly good balrog,
For he's a jolly good BAAAALROOOOOG!!!!!!!!! Which nobody can deny!
Which nobody can deny!
Which nobody can deny!
For he's a jolly good bonfiiiiiiire! I mean balrooooooog!
Which nobody can deny!

Woohoo!! Yeah! Let's hear it for Bob! Putcha hands in the air! (oo! oo!) Wave 'em like ya just don't care! (oo! oo!)

I apologise for the bizaare quality of this post. I was just head-banging to System Of A Down and now my head hurts...