The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-27-2003, 06:25 PM   #1
mpt120
Pile O'Bones

mpt120 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to mpt120 Send a message via AIM to mpt120
Sting Anything Better??

Hey all!! I know a lot of you are diehard fans of J.R.R. Tolein's The Lord of the RIngs, (and I am too!) but is there anything you all like more about the movies?? Are there any parts that you felt were portrayed better in the movies??? Or anything that seemed to make more sense?? I was just wondering because I have seen some scenes that I liked more in the movies. <BR>Frankly I have felt a little guilty, like I am betraying the stroy or something, but I just cant help feeling that. Post your responses!! I wanna know what you all think!!!!
mpt120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:55 PM   #2
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

There is a thread simliar to this you can find <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=002239" TARGET=_blank>here</A>. Welcome to the Downs, mpt120, and have fun being dead!
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 08:57 PM   #3
BlackKnight12

Tolkien

well the movie is stil very accurate to the book most movies that are trying to go and be liek the books end up gogin so far of its not even close or same story eventually. so really its very close. i love to speak elvish, dwarvish and black speech but i prefer elvish its awsoem. they put alot of elvish in the movie the languge which was very cool. all u guys are cool on this forum talk to u later u guys rock bye.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:15 PM   #4
Engwaromenion

Shield

heck no, the book was so much better, instead of seeing it form one persons view on how it should look, you could read it, and see how you think it should look due to your own imagination, and the details provided by Tolkien of course.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:26 AM   #5
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The movie is lovely, but my imagination is better. Boromir is "juicier" in the movie, but the beautiful language used in the book makes mincemeat of the the non book movie lines. The movie did a wonderful job with the costumes, props and most of the beautiful stuff, but still, the elves of my imagination (derived from the beautiful, moving descriptions in the books) far exceed the movie. So no, can't use "better"! <p>[ September 23, 2003: Message edited by: Liriodendron ]
Old 09-23-2003, 12:31 PM   #6
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I've always thought that the book was the best. I love the movies (though I insult them sometimes) but in almost every case I think the book was better. The only thing that I liked better in the movie was Boromir's death scene. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Boromir is "juicier" in the movie <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Totally!