The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-18-2002, 10:54 AM   #1
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting documentary

id like ure opinion on this. its a well... documentary ive been working on for a while, basically lotr humour, and i want an opinion. its not finished, btw.

Aragorn’s homemade documentary- the filming of The Lord Of The Rings

“Soooo…. as you can see, we’re well into filming by now… today we started a new scene, at Amon Hen.” (smoothes hair down and brushes dust off coat)
(Aragorn points the camcorder at the set. Peter Jackson is standing by the camera with Frodo.)
There’s the director… “Hey, Peter! Give us a wave!” Peter waves at the camera.
Aragorn (close to camera): he has a vast collection of ‘excuses’ to be with Frodo. Avoid him at all costs!” (nods knowingly)
“Alrighty then… this is my scene! (shows off sword) And this is my sword… nifty little gadget!”
Boromir runs up to the camcorder screen and yells.
“Bleeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuurrrrrggghhh!!!!!!” (runs off again)
“A brief commentary from Boromir, there…. (coughs) anyway… um… over here we have Legolas and Gimli! (Legolas and Gimli wave cheerfully. Aragorn turns to the camera and whispers) You have to be kinda careful around Gimli… he’s um… a bit touchy cos the hobbits put gum in his helmet, and it ruined his beard. Fortunately Saruman knows a thing or two about beards, and was able to help him out. But, just don’t offer him anything chewy, ok?” (Starts shaking with silent laughter) “It was kinda funny, though…”(bursts out laughing and collapses onto the ground)

Later that evening…
“Sooo… where were we? Oh yeah, the gum incident….” (cracks up and rolls around on the floor)

Two hours later…
“Well, here we are in the marquee… where the cast and crew eat their meals… (carefully steps over the limp body of a drunk dwarven extra) as you can see, Legolas eats all the lettuce, (Legolas holds up his plate) gosh! Carrot… branching out tonight, are we? Anyway… so, here we have Gimli and his raw meat… (peers at Gimli’s plate) hmm… diced turkey… delicious… and over here we have the hobbits and their mushrooms… ooh, and a few potatoes… (steals a potato, oblivious to the hobbits’ screams of protest and calls for the lawyers) and over in the corner is Boromir… (Boromir waves, his pink lollipop in one hand, and his Beano comic in the other) and there’s Gandalf… (peers) stuffing his pipe with weed…”

Later, in tent…

“As you can see, this is my home during filming! (camera moves round, homing in particularly on Aragorn’s gold stars on the mirror) I give myself a gold star for every scene I do well, so as you can see, there’s a star for every scene! (big grin at screen) And… over here’s my dressing table… with my hair gel… and over here’s my clothes… and my boots… and my felt tips…” (jumps on bed and bounces up and down) “this is my extremely comfy bed… which is kinda surprising considering the rest of the living conditions are as bad as Rivendell- (claps hand over mouth and giggles) you’d better not tell Elrond I said that…”

Dawn next morning…

“Good morning!” (Aragorn comes out of his tent) “As you can see, we start filming early… (jumps out of the way as Boromir rushes by with a plate of pancakes) … giving us very little time for breakfast and tv… (carefully steps over a random portable television) … watch out for the hobbits. They get kinda grouchy early in the day… (briskly wipes off the mud thrown at him by Merry) … don’t worry about them…”
(Walks over to a large glitzy building decorated with gold stars)
“So… over here we have the armoury… decorated by the orcs, you know! They do most of the decor round here… (steps inside and heads for a large gold chest) … and in here is Narsil… my wonderful sword… (strokes it fondly) … my precious… (gets slapped by Gollum as he creeps past) … owwww…. I forgot, ok??? (turns to camera) Gollum’s a bit protective when it comes to his lines… gosh, it’s my scene!!” (runs out)

Later that day…

“Well, here we are by the river… we’re working on the Lothlorien scenes. As you can see we have the Lorien boats… (camera wobbles madly) …you have to be kinda careful on these things… (wobble) … they can be a bit- (boat capsizes)

Two hours later in Boromir’s caravan…

“Good evening, and welcome to Boromir’s lodgings!!” (camera swoops in on Boromir, who is sat on the bed reading Lord Of The Rings) “As you can see, he likes to keep up to date with the plot as we film…

(Boromir pulls the camera over to him. Aragorn falls off the bed) “Hi everyone! As you know, I am Boromir, and you most definitely know that I am waaaay better than Aragorn-“ (Mad wrestle with Aragorn who tries to snatch back the camera) “um… excuse us for a moment…” (mad punch-up can be heard on the other side of the bed. Camera screen goes fuzzy)

Three days later…

“Hello again, and welcome to Helm’s Deep!” (Aragorn waves at the camera and grins, revealing a bandaged hand and a missing front tooth) “Boromir can’t be with us today… well, obviously we’re now onto the second film… yes, the second film!! Dah dah daaaaaaaaaaaahhh! (does a little jig) Plus, he’s sealed up in his tent. We don’t know when he’ll regain consciousness… well, its not my fault I had Narsil in my trousers when he head butted me…”

Two hours later…

“Hi again… (gap toothed smile) have rounded up some people for you to meet! (camera sweeps over to a group of people standing in a huddle) come on over, guys! (group comes on over and lines up nervously in front of the camera)
“Ok… first up we have Faramir… (Faramir waves madly and kisses the camera. Aragorn pushes him back) Do that again and you’ll be joining your brother in the tent. (moves on) and here we have Eowyn… and her brother Eomer… and uncle Theodon… how ya doin’, Theo-dude? (to camera) it really winds him up…” (evil grin)
“Oh, and Grima!! (hugs Grima, who edges away from the camera and runs off) oh well… he’s really nice, you know… just a little camera shy… took us three hours to coax him out from the broom cupboard for his one line yesterday… (shakes his head sorrowfully) I offered to do his role for me, but Peter told me to flush my ego down the toilet, then said I’d better not cos I might block the drains… no… I didn’t get it either…” (walks off looking bewildered, oblivious to the sniggers of the surrounding crew)

A short while later…

“Here we are on set… as you can see, this is Edoras, the city on the hill… (camera swoops in) … and there’s Theodon taking a leak behind the stables… (camera swoops some more) … give us a wave, Theo-dude! (Theodon walks off, swearing loudly. Aragorn smirks and turns back to the camera) sooo… lets see… ah, yes!! Faramir!! (Faramir comes running, jumps in front of the camera, and grins broadly, his arm around Aragorn) … yes… uh, here we have the slightly over-enthusiastic Faramir, brother to Boromir… (whispers close to camera) we’re not quite sure what’s wrong with him… we’ve hidden the sugar and the coffee, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference…”

Later that evening…

(Faramir appears in front of the screen, a large bag of Haribo Starmix in his hands)
“Shhh…. Aragorn doesn’t realise I’ve stolen this… he’s asleep in his tent, snoring like a giant… snorey… thing… (giggles insanely) anywaaay… (looks down and sees the Haribo) oops… you didn’t see those, okay? Nobody but me knows about them… of course, it would be a bit stupid if I didn’t know I ate them… but, its got to stay a secret… I’ll be banned from eating them otherwise… everyone seems to think im kinda hyper… and they’re banning just about everything- (screen goes fuzzy, and thuds are heard in the background)

A few minutes later…

(Faramir re-appears on screen with a black eye)
“Sorry about that… Aragorn obviously woke up… he would speak to you, but unfortunately he’s out cold… (camera zooms in on the unconscious form of Aragorn, lying on the floor) … well, I couldn’t help it… I just kinda spotted Narsil down his trousers… and I kinda bashed him on the head with it…”

Early next morning…

(Faramir hobbles past the screen on crutches, his ankle in a plaster cast. Aragorn sits down in front of the screen)
“Oh yeah… he had an accident… fell down the stairs, poor fellow. Someone accidentally left Narsil lying around… (gets up and walks off laughing loudly)
Old 12-29-2002, 08:24 AM   #2
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

That's pretty crazy... loved this bit though:

Quote:
… and my felt tips…” (jumps on bed and bounces up and down)
Remember, it's nice to be important... but it's more important to be nice.

I hope no mods see this, I'm almost ashamed this will count as a post.
Old 12-29-2002, 02:39 PM   #3
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2003, 07:38 PM   #4
Daewen
Wight

Location: Stuck inside an Aquafina bottle...HELP! ...seriously, I'm getting claustrophobic
Daewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Daewen
Sting

it's awesome! we should start a thread with this! we could each do it from one character's version!!! i wanna be arwen!
Daewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 07:50 PM   #5
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Did I miss something?? I thought you HATE Arwen??
Yeah, anyway. I“m Eowyn. More later. I“m too TIRED to be creative....
Old 01-02-2003, 07:56 PM   #6
Daewen
Wight

Location: Stuck inside an Aquafina bottle...HELP! ...seriously, I'm getting claustrophobic
Silmaril

Well ok, not quite. I hate the fact that she did stuff in the movie that she didn't do in the books. Also...I think Liv Tyler looks like a rabbit, but that's a seperate issue...
Old 01-02-2003, 08:01 PM   #7
Daewen
Wight

Sting

*note to Aragorn, I am taking it back a little to the first movie. sorry*

Arwen's homemade documentary.

-Day One...

*staring into camera picking her nose* Oh is that thing on?! Yikes! *takes finger out of nose* You didn't see that. Ahem...anyway...this is the first day of our filming. As you can see, these are my living quarters here in Rivendell. I love it here. It's so beautiful. My boyfriend Aragorn was here a few days ago, and he didn't seem to like it very much for some reason. He said something about little creatures crawling around in his bed, but I think that was the hobbits. They seem to have an...ahem...infatuation with him. Of course, I'll have to set them straight. No one goes messing around in my mans bed except ME! Now what did Aragorn do with Narsil...
Old 01-02-2003, 09:02 PM   #8
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

Kudos to Meela for starting a really interesting post.

I have aspirations to write a reply as witty and long as that, but I'm blocked by my overwhelming sense of fat-arss laziness.

Keep making me smile [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2003, 08:44 AM   #9
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

hey, good work, guys [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] im working on more myself

*dances round happily* i started a good post! whoo! (it wasnt actually sposed to be anything of importance... i didnt think it would be published anywhere else, so opinions on it are welcome! that was all i needed [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])
Old 01-03-2003, 10:21 AM   #10
Daewen
Wight

Sting

Arwen's hommade documentary
-Day two...hotel room

Hic...hic...that stupid...hic...Aragorn. He was cheating on me with...with a ^$*@() crossdressing sheild maiden from Rohan!!!!!!!! He didn't even sleep with me last night...and after I got that new sexy leather stuff too. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Ooooo when I get my hands on that Eowyn, she'll be sorry... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Hm...I think I just got an idea...
*camera fades to black and evil sounding music plays. camera turns on again to see Arwen in front of Theoden*

Arwen: Hey...Theo dude...
Theoden: ARGH!!! I have had just about enough of that! AIEEEEEEEE!!! *whacks Arwen to the ground and runs off like a madman*
Arwen: Oh no! I seem to have been struck to the ground! I am a helpless week woman, and therefore need a big strong man to help me.
Faramir: *runs over* Oh my god, are you ok?
Arwen: *fake sob* Well, I'll be fine...I think some of my ribs are broken, and my back snapped, and...
Faramir: Oh my god, who did that to you?
Arwen: Well...I don't know if I should tell you...seeing as you two are married and all...
Faramir: EOWYN?! My Eowyn?! She did this to you? Why?
Arwen: *pathetic cough* I...I don't know. I was just walking along, minding my own business...and then from out of no where, this crazy woman pounces on me and beats me up. I think she needs to go into therapy or something, after running around dressed like a man and all.
Faramir: Oh, father told me not to marry a sheild maiden, but did I listen? Nooooooooo...
Arwen: *another pathetic cough* Don't blame yourself if I...die. Eowyn has something against me. She was sleeping with my husband last night...
Faramir: And she told me she was going bowling! Come on Arwen, you can stay with me untill I figure out what to do with that (&@!*)(@! wife of mine.
Arwen: *evil grin* ok...can we stop back at my place first? I have some leather stuff I want to bring with me...
Faramir: *lusty smile* leather?

[ January 03, 2003: Message edited by: Daewen ]
Old 01-03-2003, 11:33 AM   #11
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Meanwhile. Eowyn in her room. Drinking bloody Mary“s and crying her eyes out. Gimli is comforting her.
Eo: *sobs*Why oh Why?? Why is he so danm attaractive?? I have a married woman. I have a wonderfull husband and two adorable children.(in backround two little monsters, setting barbiedoll on fire)Why don“t I have myself under control? BUT HE IS SO HOT!!! I know he was totally drunk. I was totally drunk too. *sobs* What if Faramir finds out? What if that damn Arwen tells him? What if he divorces me? What if....
Gimli: There, there... it“s not that bad... really... at least you don“t have a beard...
Old 01-03-2003, 01:42 PM   #12
Daewen
Wight

Silmaril

Arwen's documentary continued...

ok, you can turn the camera on now....*camera comes on to see arwen sitting up in faramir's bed laying in his arms*

Faramir: Woah...meethril panties...

Arwen: *sighs* yes, Farmir, meethril panties. You said that about five minutes ago, when you took them off me...

Faramir: Oh yeah...

Arwen: Yeah, he's drunk...anyway, as you can see, I'm having a little fun of my own. He's not nearly as hot as Aragorn, but he has a nice a$$.

Faramir: a$$!! Haha...that's a funny word...

Arwen: *sighs again, and is starting to get annoyed* yes, faramir, it is a funny word. *looks at camera* This is the last time I give him straight liquor. I had no idea it was gonna effect him like this.

Faramir: Let's makeout!

Arwen: But you have alchahol breath...

Farmir: *grabs Arwen and starts kissing her anyway*

Arwen: *thinking* oh fine...hm...he's good with his tounge...

[ January 03, 2003: Message edited by: Daewen ]
Old 01-03-2003, 01:43 PM   #13
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Eowyn:*still crying* Do you think I should talk to him? Just to make sure...
Gimli:Yeah...
Eowyn:I will. I“m going to go find him right now... I suppose he“s in his room....

TO BE CONTINUED
Old 01-04-2003, 04:22 PM   #14
Daewen
Wight

Silmaril

Arwen's Documentary continued...

*camera turns on to see Arwen pushing a very...erm...friendly...faramir away*

Arwen: Ok, ok, Faramir, that's enough...*looks at camera* I have seriously learned my lesson people. Mortals+Straight Liquor=Utter Chaos.

Faramir: Ha! Chaos...that's a...

Arwen: DONT'T EVEN SAY IT! I don't wanna hear you say that chaos is a funny word! I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT!!!

Farmir: *looks sad* Oh...ok...

Arwen: *sighs* Now I understand why Eowyn needed a break from this guy. Geeze...I really don't blame her. *suddenly the door creeks open...*
Old 01-04-2003, 06:29 PM   #15
Sharkū
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkū has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Don't make stupid posts.
Sharkū is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 03:02 AM   #16
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Wait... crap, where did my post go?? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2003, 10:15 AM   #17
Daewen
Wight

Silmaril

Sharku, don't participate if you think this is stupid. Anyway, I was just trying to keep this topic active untill Eowyn writes her next diary, because I have a feeling she wants to walk in on Arwen and Faramir. Don't critisize other's attempts at creativity. If you think that you can do better, feel free to start your own documentary. There are plenty of open character's.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:58 PM   #18
Sharkū
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkū has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If I think this is stupid, I delete it.
Sharkū is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 03:03 PM   #19
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Eye

I already dislike this thread because:
1) It's been done before
2) It does not promote discussion, only repetition
3) Its creativity is limited to the space it creates

As Sharkū intimated, this and many other non-discussion threads remain alive because we tolerate them, not because of their value. Do not presume to tell someone how to post in a topic when the very topic goes agains stated forum guidelines.

You have the option of being angered by my post.
You have the option of starting and replying in topics that are dicussion-based.
You decide.

Mayhem is on the brink of extinction...

Sincerely
Old 01-05-2003, 03:08 PM   #20
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

*hastily backs down and apologises profusely for the post*

ok, ok... your not going to shut it... are you? i didn't know its been done before... we're just having a bit of fun with our imaginations...

*bows*
Old 01-05-2003, 03:17 PM   #21
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

I won't close it, Meela, at least not yet, because it came into existence at the same time I posted the Guideline topic. That's not to say Sharkū won't close it. Our goal at the Downs is to have meaningful discussions of Middle-earth. Mayhem was created so people could add humor to their topics without having to be so serious all the time. Unfortunately, we have allowed it to become a harbor for rather poor posts - poor spelling, grammar, quality, humor, taste, etc. We are cleaining that up now.

For this topic to continue unhindered, a majority of the posts must not be poor in those aspects mentioned above.

We are watching.

Everyone have fun, but put some value into what you type.

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: The Barrow-Wight ]
Old 01-05-2003, 03:19 PM   #22
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

ok [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

.... was my documentary distasteful... >.<