The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-05-2004, 01:01 PM   #1
Galengaladh

Ring The One Ring Inscription....

does anyone have the inscription that is on the one ring, i do not mean in english but in the speech that is written on it, is it the black speech? if anyone has a link or anything helpful that would be hella good.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:59 PM   #2
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Pipe

Gandalf quotes the inscription at the Council of Elrond (The Fellowship of the Ring, Book II, chapter II). Although written using an ancient Elvish script, it is indeed in the Black Speech of Mordor. In that language it reads: Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Last edited by The Squatter of Amon Rûdh; 06-15-2004 at 04:42 AM.
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 03:36 PM   #3
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

The answer to this question might be of interest to forum newcomers; therefore I'm moving it to the Novices and Newcomers forum. Please continue there.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 09:45 AM   #4
Galengaladh

Sting

i was actually wanting a picture of what it said in black speech, because i am having trouble finding it, and i was wondering if anyone had a link to some place that had the real inscription of it....the reason i am wanting this is because i am thinking about getting a lotr tatoo, and i am not sure whether i want the inscription going around like a band, or whether i want the eye of sauron...i am having trouble deciding. but if anyone could help me find it in real black speech that would be sweet...i am off on my relentless journey to find the inscription!! onward ho!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 10:48 AM February 06, 2004: Message edited by: Galengaladh ]
Old 02-06-2004, 01:05 PM   #5
Sharkû
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkû has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Again, the book is the place to look. The Elvish letters are reproduced in the same place Squatter quoted. Geez.
Sharkû is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 01:23 PM   #6
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Pipe

Actually the reproduction of the text is in Book I, Chapter II: The Shadow of the Past. It stands out very clearly on the page, and anyone reading the story will find it hard to miss.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:26 PM   #7
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

If you are looking for the one and original style, then you have to look from the book. Here is one version I found by using google

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:28 PM February 06, 2004: Message edited by: dancing spawn of ungoliant ]
Old 02-06-2004, 08:00 PM   #8
Galengaladh

Sting

Once again i apologize sharku, u were right, thanx for the help. once again, sorry for my ignorance.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:11 PM   #9
Galengaladh

Thumbs up

i found it!!!success, if anyone else wants the link, its to a jewelers place that did make the elven rings of power and the dwarven rings and also the one ring. here the link: http://www.badalijewelry.com/theonering.htm

thanx for the help guys and girls!!!