The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-29-2003, 09:32 AM   #1
lady evenstar
Pile O'Bones

lady evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting What is your favorite scene?

What is your favorite scene between the fellowship of the ring and the two towers?<BR>My favorite scene is in the two towers when the ents attck isengard. i like that scene cuz it build up my suspense for some reason. maybe its cuz i hate saruman. but i love it when they flood it.
lady evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 01:24 PM   #2
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

This is a movie topic, therefore I'm moving it to the Movies forum. There are similar topics there, however, so it may be closed...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 06:33 AM   #3
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Stupid Fat Hobbit!<P>(I'm talking about my favoruite scene, not dissing anyone)
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 08:12 AM   #4
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ahhh...it'd have to be that bit (I think it is shown better in the EE) in fotr where Frodo bends down to pick up the Ring in Bag End, where Gandalf has left it. Nah...not like that... ...I like it because he doesn't have to crouch down...he's so short he just stoops and picks it up. So hobbitish.
Old 11-01-2003, 01:00 AM   #5
Enorėiel
Wight

Enorėiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmmm... For two towers it is defintly the last bit of Helm's Deep. From the very dawn (when they're inside and Theoden is saying "It's over, the fortress is taken...") to the charging down the hill. I really love the part when Gandalf says "Theoden king stands alone," And then Eomer says "Not alone" Ah! Chills! <P>In the Fellowship it would have to be the last couple of scenes - I don't know why but they just make me happy

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorėiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 05:51 AM   #6
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dūm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I always replay the Green Dragon scene in the extended DVD, and the part where the Fellowship come out of Moria after Gandalf falls is very moving for me.<BR>In TTT I love the Rohan scenes, the music is so brilliant and it's all very well done. <BR>But I'm sure I've already posted on a topic like this; we shall wait and see.
Old 11-01-2003, 03:14 PM   #7
Swordmaiden of Rohan

Sting

I probably have more than one from each.<BR>In Fellowship, let's say the scene with Boromir and Aragorn at the end, when Boromir's dying. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> "I would have followed you my brother, my captain, my king." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>---<BR>In Two Towers, at the end with Aragorn and Theoden just before they ride out in the dawn.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"Ride out with me."<BR>"For death and glory?"<BR>"For Rohan. For your people."<P>"The horn shall sound in the deep, one last time." <P>"Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the Red Dawn!"<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That scene makes me shiver just to think about it!<P>Romerie <BR>Swordmaiden of the Horselords of Rohan
Old 11-01-2003, 03:56 PM   #8
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

One of the coolest scenes of all time (so far ) is where in the EV FotR Frodo and Sam see the Elves in the woods, walking toward the Grey Havens. The lighting is perfect, the elves look beautiful, mysterious and, well magical. And the lighting is blue. I like blue. <P>And, of course, "the Ents are going to war". A great, moving scene. I remember telling my mom (who finds the orcs disturbing) that "you'll like TTT, because we'll see the ents, and we'll see them kick Saruman's rear-end". <BR>See you later!<BR>~M