The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-23-2002, 08:17 AM   #1
busybee
Haunting Spirit

Location: Mirkwood, Lothlorien...dream...actually the middle of nowhere...Mumbai
busybee has just left Hobbiton.
Question Ok i know this is very late

Ok I know this is very very late [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] but i just realised that i am thoroughly confused as to what Aragorn and Boromir are talking about when they are talking about the White Tower of Ecthelion. Pleeze Explain
Old 12-23-2002, 03:10 PM   #2
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You mean this?

Quote:
Boromir: I will find no rest here. I heard a voice inside my head. She spoke of my father and the fall of Gondor. She said to me even now there is hope left. But I cannot see it. It is long since we had any hope.
My father is a noble man, but his rule is failing. And now our…our people lose faith. He looks to me to make things right and I would do it. I would see the glory of Gondor restored. <sigh> Have you ever seen it Aragorn? White tower of Ecthelion, glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver. It's banners caught high in the morning breeze. Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?
Aragorn: I have seen the White City. Long ago.
Boromir: One day, our paths will lead us there. And the tower guards shall take up the call: The Lords of Gondor have returned!
Well, the tower is in Minas Tirith. Aragorn saw it before when he was thorongil. What part don't you understand?