View Single Post
Old 03-09-2003, 06:27 AM   #178
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

"Kane, if you want to go, leave now. I'm not leaving. If it be to my death, so be it. I won't leave yet. Anuion, I call a one on one, no swords or bows, no elves ready to save you. Just you and me. That, or I can just kill you now. I'd prefer to give you another chance, as you did for me."

Kane stared at Jerika. Well, without meaning to, shed put him in a fine dilemma...What am I supposed to do now?!

The easterling was distracted by a voice, an angry, distressed voice from further up the hill. "Who was it who shot an unarmed man?"

An elf was storming down the hill, but the other elves expressions of relief and joy were quickly fading. The elf was furious.

"Come, tell me!"

Kane almost laughed; the elves had them in a brilliant position, they could technically kill at least one of them now...and one of their own kind was going to let them down! There was no time to lose though and Kane moved quickly. He pushed the elf he was holding away, towards one of the others, distracting them and covering for him. He ducked down as an arrow flew towards him from an unknown bow, missing his head by a hairsbreadth, and he grabbed a bow from the ground, dropped by one of the elves when he had demanded them do so. He grabbed the arrow that had just been shot at him from where it was buried in the ground. Swinging around he ran forward a few steps so he was between beside Jerika, with all of the elves in his range, including the angry one who had stormed into the scene a moment ago.

"Dont move." His voice was bolder than he felt. Then he dropped his voice, muttering to Jerika. "Jerika, go now."

"Im not leaving, Kane. I have made a challenge. I will honour it."

Kane couldnt believe what he was hearing. "Honour? That elf has no concept of honour, dont flatter him by making out he has. Jerika, even if you defeat him, the rest will kill you. There is no doubt about it. They will kill you. And even if you may want that, I dont. I dont want to see you dead Jerika."

The woman paused and the moment seemed to stay still. "What? Really?" Her voice was less angry. Kane still kept his eyes facing forward, sighting down the bow as he replied.

"Just run, please."