View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 09:19 PM   #156
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I'd be the last person to discount my sun in splendour's psychic abilities, but the hypothesis here is that either the wolves went: "ARRRGH! Shasta's on to Legwolf!" or "Tee hee, everyone will *think* that". And that seems rather wolfy reasoning to me. Except, of course, there's four of you doing it...
Shasta was quite dramatic about it, after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Immediate thought while skimming - Legate is a wolf!

Now to figure out why my brain elected to say that...
and
Quote:
Hm. I'm not going to be able to post quotes until I get home from work, but for now - post 57, specifically the bit about Lommy; it read to me as "I think she's suspicious, but I don't, but I do."

Now, Lommy herself I could maybe see doing that. But Legate?

Granted, from what I've read this far Legate appears to have been fairly instrumental in the Inzil lynch yesterday, and I know several people seem to have perfectly good reasons to think him innocent at this juncture. I just wanted to get my first impression down. I'll need to do some more reading.
And then
Quote:
Leave me alone, it's hard to argue with a feeling.
And he voted for him.

Here's what Legate said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I would say that Shasta's death points more than to anything else to the fact that the WWs want to make quiet kills and leave the rest of the village to squabble among themselves, and to let the louder villagers go after each other's throats. Although it should be noted that Shasta actually need not have been very quiet had he actually gotten the chance to appear and post toDay, and in fact, his last minutes he started being quite vocal and I daresay sounding quite a lot like an invested innocent, so that might have been also part of the motivation. He initially suspected and voted me, and raised questions regarding sally, Rikae and Eomer's voting and interactions. Any of these might have played a role (bringing attention of the village to the people in question, or stopping him before he could make up his mind on any of these, etc. It might also have been pure elimination process; such as WWs going through the list of names "we're not killing this one, they could be suspected" and being simply left with Shasta, or somesuch).
He was the first to bring it up, but as one of a long list of possibilities.
I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Legate has been playing very innocentishly, and I also doubt he would kill Shasta when it would point so strongly back to him.
Then Lommy said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Re: Shasta - ??? No trace kill? Legate is a wolf who wanted pressure off his back? The wolves want to frame Legate?
and about Legate's post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
The contrast is quite stark with Legate being the second thing that popped into my mind and him downplaying Shasta's accusations of him. (Of course, an innocent would know another villager wasn't killed because he suspected him, but this also looks a bit too much like a wolf explaining away killing someone who was suspecting him.)
And Greenie votes him for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Too conveniently attempting to guide the village's perception of events in his favour, as in "all Inzil voters likely to be innocent" or downplaying Shasta's suspicions of him and thus his possible connection to the kill.
Now, for my part, I wasn't paying much attention to his list and how he listed it. As soon as I saw the narration I was reminded of the connection and asked myself whether Legwolf would kill Shasta.

What Lommy's saying about him downplaying it, well, I can't call it farfetched, because it was a notable thing Shasta did. Saying he downplayed it, though, as if it pointed directly and straightforwardly at him? That's strange.

Greenie... is either convinced by Lommy's argument, or conveniently latching onto it as an excuse, and I really can't get a feel for which. She's been playing rather cautiously overall, and I can't remember from other games whether or not that's typical for her.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote