View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #130
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Re: Eomer - well, I'm not surprised he was an ordo, but then again, I probably wouldn't have been surprised either if he had been a wolf... I feel that he was a bit of an easy lynch candidate though with being so vocal and more aggressive than average. (Yes I am channeling Nogrod since he's not playing. )

Re: Shasta - ??? No trace kill? Legate is a wolf who wanted pressure off his back? The wolves want to frame Legate?

Okay so right after I wrote that I read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I would say that Shasta's death points more than to anything else to the fact that the WWs want to make quiet kills and leave the rest of the village to squabble among themselves, and to let the louder villagers go after each other's throats. Although it should be noted that Shasta actually need not have been very quiet had he actually gotten the chance to appear and post toDay, and in fact, his last minutes he started being quite vocal and I daresay sounding quite a lot like an invested innocent, so that might have been also part of the motivation. He initially suspected and voted me, and raised questions regarding sally, Rikae and Eomer's voting and interactions. Any of these might have played a role (bringing attention of the village to the people in question, or stopping him before he could make up his mind on any of these, etc. It might also have been pure elimination process; such as WWs going through the list of names "we're not killing this one, they could be suspected" and being simply left with Shasta, or somesuch).
The contrast is quite stark with Legate being the second thing that popped into my mind and him downplaying Shasta's accusations of him. (Of course, an innocent would know another villager wasn't killed because he suspected him, but this also looks a bit too much like a wolf explaining away killing someone who was suspecting him.)

Also Legate's whole post #127 is possibly the wishy-washiest and most non-committal I have seen for a long time, up to the point that I kind of think that a wolf would be more careful of how he sounds. But really, I don't know. I'm probably soon flip-flopping as much as Legate himself but he is just really weird in this game.

.... WHAT?!!! I just shocked myself by running into my own post from fifteen minutes ago. Seriously, there have been four posts toDay. I was expecting to read like at least 10-20 more posts and some juicy discussion I could jump into. Now I don't feel so bad about being inactive, but I do feel even worse about voting early.

Like seriously I need to think. If I have time, I'll have a better look at Shasta's posts and/or yesterDay's voting, but at least expect some brainstorming in the form of a list.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote