View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 01:51 PM   #76
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Legate is also effectively putting himself in the limelight with that third vote for Zil. I'm not sure about the vote's merits, but at least it's consistent with his previous inclination to limit the lynch-candidates; plus, somewhat risky stuff for a wolf.
I just noticed this only when somebody quoted it: Eomer, could you actually clarify what you meant by this? Like by "somewhat risky stuff for a wolf"? How was it risky? (Just crossed my mind that this sounds a bit like a Wolf-slip. "It would be a risky stuff for a Wolf to do, because Inzil is a Wolf." Without realizing that you are not supposed to know that he is one...) So how did you mean this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I didn't feel comfy voting for either candidate yesterDay - or rather, I didn't feel comfy choosing between them, finding both of them to be acting rather unusual but not suspecting either enough at the time to vote for one over the other. At least I didn't stick my nose in and muck up Dun's induction into the noble order of the Fenris, so I feel no shame about not voting yesterDay. Mind, today won't see the same silence; I'll post more once I'm home from work and have checked everyone out.

Also, the wolves are in trouble for slaughtering my minx. Well done. *rimshot* Seriously though, rude and uncalled for. There was seemingly no reason for her to be the target. Besides, I was looking forward to arguing with her.

Back again when I can.
Okay, this post a) is not very good clarification - I am seconding Rikae and Greenie here - you were around and did not want to vote, so why didn't you say so, for example? But b) especially its second part sounds a bit Wolfy to me. This kind of "I am being nice, oh poor Agan, she was killed." Together with the first part it would then be an awful Wolf-alibism. Watching sally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
The thing about this is, I don't see it myself. I mean, in retrospect it was exactly what he was doing, but here this strikes me as the sort of nit another wolf would pick. It looks like that's what he's doing, to her, because she knows that's what he's doing. Since it's clearly an early vote on flimsy reasoning, she could easily have felt it was only a small risk.
I agree with Rikae's perception of this, even though I am not sure if I agree with the conclusion; it does not necessarily seem to me like a Wolf-thing to do. But it's a thing to note, sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Hm. I'm not going to be able to post quotes until I get home from work, but for now - post 57, specifically the bit about Lommy; it read to me as "I think she's suspicious, but I don't, but I do."

Now, Lommy herself I could maybe see doing that. But Legate?
How many games have you played with me again? And this surprises you?

EDIT: x-ed with Greenie
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote