View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 08:27 AM   #65
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Everyone, Day One

#4. Eomer. Banter. Mock-accusations of Legate and Inzilawolf based on in-game rôles.

#5. Aganzir (known innocent). Banter.

#6. Aganzir. Comments on general quietness; thinks the odds against the village are “rather bleak”.

#7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
...Unless there's a secret role to help us. But that's not very likely is it?

Anyway I think sally, Inzil and Rikae are the wolves because they are the only ones whose occupation isn't even remotely related to food. And if it keeps being this quiet I will vote accordingly. (Heck, I might anyway. It's not exactly as if we have anything to go on.)
#8 – #12. Back and forth, mainly banter, between Eomer and Aganzir. At #8 Eomer makes another mock-accusation, this time of Agan, who, at #9 replies that she would like to joke about being a wolf, or his packmate, but doesn’t think it’s worth it due to the importance of actually lynching a wolf. At #10 Eomer asks Agan what she makes of the situation, although in a semi-joking way. Agan gives a joking reply at #11 and at #12 repeats that she doesn’t like the odds.

Comment: Very chummy, these two. If Agan's rôle were unknown, I might be tempted to see them as potential pack mates. As it is, though… two innocents sounding each other out? Wolf buddying up to an innocent? I wonder.

#13.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzilawolf
[Replying to Agan]
Since you asked, an enchilada would be good. Hold the guacamole, and add black beans and Mexican rice.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Okay I do have some more thoughts, but they can be summed up with "the odds are against us and we're all gonna die."
Well, the ratio right now is 7-3, obviously. A couple of bad lynches does make it a pretty doomed affair. No Gifteds is a serious handicap. So it's important that everyone show up and vote toDay. This is certainly a case where "I won't vote cos I don't see anyone as suspicious" will play to the baddies.
This post was later flagged as suspicious by A Little Green.

#14. Rikae. Counters Agan's pessimism by pointing out that the odds of lynching a wolf are good; anticipates "a game based on reasoning and analysis instead of gifted strategy”; makes mock-accusation of Agan based on in-game rôle.

#15. Eomer makes joking, or semi-joking, accusation of the other three, based on Rule of Three type reasoning– since"wolves, more than ordos, would be hyped for the game and unable to refrain from posting ASAP, I guess I've already got my three wolves in the bag”.

#16. Lommy agrees with Agan that the odds are poor; says there may be a secret rôle or twist but that it should not be counted on and that, "Rather, we should just keep our wits around and try or best and if we lose, pull the "the odds were against us from the start” card”. Will be voting early; laments lack of posting.
Comments

Back and forth between Greenie and Legate (#17 - #24).
#17. Legate agrees with both camps regarding the odds– i.e. it is generally bad but also the village has a high chance of hitting a wolf by chance. Wants to make the votes “orderly”: "try to avoid spreading them out, so the WWs are actually forced to vote to save their lynchmates... that is, if their lynchmates are among the candidates in the first place”.

#18.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green
[Replying to Eomer at #15] What, including yourself?

Legate, what are lynchmates?
#19.
Legate clarifies that he means “their pack mates who are about to be lynched”; believes wolves will have more need to save their packmates than in a larger village.

#20. Greenie will vote early; is tempted to vote for a “no-show” but thinks it wouldn’t be fair.

#21. Greenie queries Legate's reasoning at #19.

#22. Legate agrees but says he was trying “to present the other side”: the wolves are in danger because "there is no infinite crowd of random no-posters to hide in".

#23. Kath votes Eomer, stressing that it is a throwaway: "in the interests of trying to make this as fair as a useless vote can be, I'm picking the first person who posted.” This is the first vote of the Day.

Tally
Kath —> Eomer.

Comment: Odd and seems rather forced– could she really not find *any* reason, at that point? This post is, however, marked as having crossed with “everyone” since 7 pm.

#24. Greenie accepts Legate's point, but suggests that the wolves themselves might be “the infinite crowd of no-posters.

#25. Greenie calls Kath's vote “the easiest vote you could possibly cast”.

#26. Rikae dislikes Legate's suggestion at #19: "In a village this small, trying not to spread out the votes very nearly translates to "lynch the first person who gets a vote", and of course, wolves can vote early with confidence that it isn't someone on their own side, and we can’t.” Urges everyone to talk more.

#27.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
So, what have we got so far -

Eomer being chatty and pointing fingers in the usual manner.

Aganzir trying to steal my occupation as the village pessimist. Having a bit of a devil-may-care attitude too, which might point at her innocence. I don't know.

Inziladun got on my bad side by making me hungry. Mmm enchiladas with guacamole... Other than that, hard to say. Literally basic Inzil, which statistically probably equals wolf.

Rikae enjoys the challenge? Good - we should keep her around as a wünderbaum... erm I mean, to keep the air fresh and optimistic.

Legate sounds like a parody of himself, only with shorter posts. I wonder if he's doing it intentionally or not.

Greenie is basically just trying to have a chat with someone and questioning their wording. Also absolutely typical.

...yeah, surprising conclusion, nobody seems super suspicious so far!

I would like to see more posts before I vote, but I really have to go to sleep within an hour, preferably sooner than later. Seeing as nothing really stands out, I don't feel very good about just randomly voting someone basically just because they posted, but voting someone just because they didn't post yet seems like an equally stupid move. Argh. Like literally my best lead at the moment is to vote Inzil because he is always a wolf... *scratches head*
Comment: here we have yet another player making a *joking* accusation of the person who turned out to be a wolf. Especially striking in this case as she doesn’t do it to anyone else.

#28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Because this is the closest to a suspicious thing I've seen this far:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Well, the ratio right now is 7-3, obviously. A couple of bad lynches does make it a pretty doomed affair. No Gifteds is a serious handicap. So it's important that everyone show up and vote toDay. This is certainly a case where "I won't vote cos I don't see anyone as suspicious" will play to the baddies.
It almost looks as if he took a moment to reflect on how an innocent would feel in this situation, then listed all the points he came up with. It does seem pretty doomed, oh dear there are no gifteds that's such bad news for us, and let's all be nice good innocent villagers ok? It's not much, but it's the best I've got.
Comment: this is the second vote of the Day. It is also the *fourth* time someone has expressed suspicion of Inzilawolf, yet only the *first* time anyone has a serious reason for doing so.

Tally
Kath —> Eomer
Greenie —> Zil (wolf).

#29. Legate defends Kath's vote since “there isn’t much to cast, anyway”. Rambles about pros vs cons of voting for no-posters; finds it rather suspicious that Kath votes at all on Day One.

#30.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Typically outrageous behaviour from Kath. Although, I suspect a wolf-Kath would probably just ignore the Day One vote and come in all late and innocent and apologetic. Whatever else, we should all vote today, however badly reasoned; so I at least approve of that.

The price of her ale just went up, mind.
#31. Legate replies to Rikae's criticism with this, which seems to beg the question:
"Yes, what I meant was something like that ideal state is having like two candidates, not more. (Although looking at the votes cast so far, I am not very happy about that. So maybe it will just naturally gravitate towards "let's see what the first Day brings us". But I hope future Days will have some field rather in the sense of having as few major choices as possible; well, they'd better, anyway.)” Agrees that more talk is needed; finds Lommy's suspicion list “too nice”.

#32. Lommy is also critical of Legate's voting plan as “'I feel like that's giving the wolves a free pass ŕ la "look puppies, here's the menu toDay, which one would you like?’” Is considering voting me for my presumed non-vote.

#33. Eomer also mentions my notorious Day One voting record, but thinks I would be in a good position because of the DL.

#34. Inzilawolf mentions having power outages.

#35.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
[Replying to Rikae]I modded a no-gifted game with about 5 ordos more than here and the wolves swept a lynchless victory. Granted they were a very good pack, but my faith in reasoning and analysis is somewhat weaker than yours, especially as there's a crucial thing missing - time. So all in all I kind of agree with Legate(?) who said the wolves have more of a reason to be excited.

Feeling okay-ish of Team Finn (Legate, Greenie and Lomster).
Eomer seems outrageously suspicious and is therefore probably innocent.
Knowing the game has started is kind of a point against Kath.
Inzil is a question mark, could be persuaded to suspect him because of what somebody pointed out (effort to go through the rules from an innocent perspective) but won't yet.
Rikae feels a tiny bit iffy but not enough to act on it yet.
#36.
Quote:
I guess I can see Greenie's reasoning, at least for a Day 1. Seems a little dodgy though that she went that way after a comment about Kath making an easy vote.
#37. Lommy votes Legate:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
He's the only one who's really caught my attention this far (obviously ) in any way, both by sounding like he's a parody of himself - which, granted, could be just him sounding like himself, but could also mean he's trying too hard to sound like his normal self - and by making slightly weird points about focusing the votes.

Now I'm far from convinced he's a wolf but I don't really have any better leads at the moment. Good night and Night! Vote well.
Comment: Yet, she wasn’t even considering voting him before this...

Tally
Kath —> Eomer
Greenie —> Zil (wolf)
Lommy —> Legate.

#38.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Okay, want to vote soon too, so just very quickly:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I always think of Nerwen as being particularly bad for missing Day One votes, but maybe with this deadline she'll be in the best possible position to cast a critical eye over today's shenanigans at the deadline.
Eomer is being so far absolutely awful as far as his posting is concerned, but I think that's maybe rather a sign of a classic Eomer and not Wolfishness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I guess I can see Greenie's reasoning, at least for a Day 1. Seems a little dodgy though that she went that way after a comment about Kath making an easy vote.
This is dodgy by itself; as in, would be easy way to cast a suspicion (a bit in self-defense, too), then again, it is really an observation of how Greenie voted. Personally though I don't have anything against Greenie's vote as it is: it is really just fairly random, because at that point there wasn't really much to base it on.

As for general overview...

Lommy: now if she is evil, her vote against me is obviously retaliation. If she isn't, then, well she isn't (ok, need to go to sleep soon). I mentioned that some of the stuff looked fishy, but again, we are on Day 1 and there really isn't much to operate with.
Agan: looks more like being innocent than not. Like one of the few I would totally give a pass for toDay based on how they posted.
Greenie: Bah. At least she's been actively posting; so that's one reason why not to cast a vote for her; the posting hasn't been in any way suspicious and did seem in fact maybe even a bit more like innocent Greenie than not.
Rikae: Very little to go on. Reasonable, but one post, so come on. Can't really say much from that.
Eomer: what I just said. Probably won't vote him as that would be completely random (hmm, but if he remained being just random, he'd deserve that though...)
Inzil: what I also just said. There is maybe a bit of weird vibe, but again, what can one do with two and half posts.
Kath: Honestly, that's effectively just a vote. What I said (and Agan mentioned too) stands, however: I think she'd be more likely to show around if she happens to be a Wolf and thus some packmates alerted her about the game. But that's a) metareasoning and I don't trust that by default, b) Kath would probably anyway behave independantly of whether somebody told her or not and however things were. So it's a bit similar case to Greenie; just too random. Probably not my vote.
sally: expect her to appear later, leaving her out of my calculations for now
Shasta: ditto
Nerwen: well, what Lommy said... but I think I am just leaving her out of this for now.

That's it, I guess... will think for a bit and then vote.
#39. Agan votes Inzilawolf “because I don’t want to spread it too much.”

Tally
Kath —> Eomer
Greenie —> Zil (wolf)
Lommy —> Legate
Agan (innocent) —> Zil (2).

#40. Legate votes Inzilawolf for the same reason as Agan.

Tally
Kath —> Eomer
Greenie —> Zil (wolf)
Lommy —> Legate
Agan (innocent) —> Zil (2)
Legate —> Zil (3).

#41. I tell Lommy she is terrible person for considering voting me.

#42.
Quote:
Just like old times.

Well, I still don't have my computer, and can't really quote anyone. I do think there's obvious bandwaggoning going on, and Legate looks the worst. The last line he put, "hope to see you tomorrow" I can understand coming from an outed Seer, but that obviously is not the case, and it looks even more forced coming on a Day One.
#43.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Interesting. To me, Legate's been giving off more "pretending to be helpful" and "making a show of thinking like an innocent" vibes than Inzil has. Perhaps that in itself should make me suspect Inzil, since I normally seem to think he looks wolfy as pie. Or something.
#44. Me: banter. Then I disappear and am never seen again. (Connections went out in my area, if you’re curious).

A series of interesting posts from Eomer.

#45.
Quote:
Legate's style of play always suggests to me an air of trying too hard to look innocent. He's always making those long lists reviewing every player, even when nothing has happened. So that's not really indicative of anything; it's just how he plays.

These Inzil votes are curious, for sure.
#46.
Quote:
Legate is also effectively putting himself in the limelight with that third vote for Zil. I'm not sure about the vote's merits, but at least it's consistent with his previous inclination to limit the lynch-candidates; plus, somewhat risky stuff for a wolf.

Zil's annoyed reaction is understandable, but I'm not convinced that Legate "looks the worst." Although it's amusing that Legate wanted only a couple of voting options today and the table is now set for it to be between him and Zil. Let's not get bogged down by just those two, though.
Quote:
Not getting a suspicious feeling from the Finns. Rikae: can't tell yet. Legate/Inzil: eh.... not really.

Worst so far is probably Kath. To make a random vote, I just don't find it useful. Even if I was going to vote randomly, I would couch it in some other terms to at least allow the possibility of other villagers jumping on the reason and sparking discussion.
#47. Sally makes a lengthy in-character post. Seems oblivious to the rest of the thread.

#48.
Quote:
I need to vote now. I have three votes. As I don't really want to die just yet, I think I'll go ahead and give Legate his second. It's his latching onto the wagon, followed by that "throwaway" remark about hoping to be around the next Day. That still feels forced and not something an innocent would say at this time.
Votes Legate.

Tally
Kath —> Eomer
Greenie —> Zil (wolf)
Lommy —> Legate
Legate —> Zil (3)
Zil —> Legate (2).

#49. Eomer votes Kath
Tally
Kath —> Eomer
Greenie —> Zil (wolf)
Lommy —> Legate
Legate —> Zil (3)
Zil —> Legate (2).
Eomer —> Kath.

#50.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
*hums along with the crickets*
Comments: Eomer stands out here as a possible packmate of Inzilawolf. It is important to note, though, that this was a classic drive-by Fenrissing, thus an innocent might have baulked at the lack of reasoning behind the votes. Then there's Lommy, who seems not to have considered voting Legate until *after* Zil got a vote. Legate makes some very dubious and arguably counter-productive suggestions, but his vote looks very good and seems unlikely to have come from a wolf. We should not, however, rule him out altogether because of this– I have played in too many games where the village “cleared” a wolf for gratuitously bussing a packmate. It happens. Greenie is notable for being the first person to vote Zil and the one to make some semblance of a case against him. Again, this looks pretty good, but, in the interest of maintaining a healthy paranoia, we could always turn this around and wonder why *she* wasn’t the one killed.

My connection went out while typing this and I couldn’t refresh, so I have undoubtedly crossed with many people. Just letting you all know.