Thread: Ones to Marry
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 07:22 PM   #28
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Hee Hee. Why not? I'll allow myself to be girly for a bit.

Faramir seems to be quite the ladies' choice, doesn't he? I have to say, he's my kinda guy. He has depth and integrity. He's gentle, and a gentleman. His arc remains my favorite love story, not just in Lord of the Rings, but in anything I've ever read (excepting maybe Pride and Prejudice ). In a very different time, he still loved an unconventional, even rebellious, woman for who she was, not for her land or her money, or because feudal society demanded that he choose a wife.

However, I'm not sure how I'd like life in Gondor. Ithilien sounds beautiful, but the life of Men seems to be missing something in terms of simple joys. All that riding off to war and fighting Orcs would drive me half-mad with worry.

I just wouldn't feel at home, as absurdly PERFECT as Faramir is.

I'm far more of a Hobbit at heart. As such, I'd have to say Sam would be the one. He is the true hero of the story, and he's heart-smart, full of hope and love of life, and courage. I think that the way people make friends speaks volumes about them, and Sam's approach to friendship is my own. That said, he'd probably wind up being the friend I fall hard for but never find the courage to even think about romance with, for fear of ruining the friendship.