View Single Post
Old 06-20-2002, 02:11 PM   #302
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Thinhyandoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thinhyandoiel
Eye

Grr, I really hate my computer. I had this whole nice big reply all typed out, then when I go to hit "Add Reply" Computer crashes. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] Grr.

Anyways! Let's see how much I can remember, shall we? Littlemanpoet, wise words on keeping this Tolkien-tied. I've tried to incorporate him in my posts (I did this, Tolkien did this) But it's getting harder and harder lately with the new range of questions going on. Ah well, I'll just have to try harder, eh? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Now, let's see. Interlacing. In all my readings no author has ever gotten me so frustrated in this than Tolkien. Love the guy, really, but I just had the urge to choke him! (Not really, hyperbole there, I'm overexaggerating, didn't mean it, you get the picture...I was frustrated) I think after all the action of Helm's Deep, Isengard and Pippin snatching the Palantir and having a nice little chat with Sauron...having Sam and Frodo just popping up in the middle of the Emyn Muil just ruffled my feathers a wee bit. Then again, there was a switch earlier on between Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn to Pippin and Merry, but I didn't really notice it as much as I did this one. I should stop ranting, eh?

How do I do it? I don't. I have trouble with it, thus I try to avoid it. Before, when I was simply writing fanfiction, I found it was quite easy. Now, writing serious fantasy, I don't want to. But I know I have to sooner or later because I just left two of the main characters behind in a place where something really important is going to happen, at the same time when five of the other main characters go off on their mission. (I'm trying to give away any names or places for the people at fww) However, switching perspectives within the party is quite easy. Going from Deomer to Aven is my fave switch, because I like to see how the Elf would see it compared to the human. *shrugs* Am I making any sense, or am I just babbling? Bah, that'll teach me to miss breakfast, I can't think clearly. lol. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]