View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #1203
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
This was my first time at Oxonmoot and I loved it!

Kath already covered everything essential about Friday, except that my guess about how long Smaug reigned under the mountain only went off by one year (like a boss), and that I taught her how to tango. Our room was freezing, and because she didn't want me to shiver against her on two nights, we got a radiator on Saturday morning. I couldn't carry it for Kath, but I could carry Kath.

My head is still kind of achy from all the headbutting we did on Saturday in our dwarf costumes, but it was worth it. Our good looks and awful jokes got quite a lot of attention from the ladies and gentlemen alike, leading to some failed kissing attempts, and some that did not fail (a due reward for organising the moot, I should say). The funniest part about the evening, however, was when Kath threatened to rip my beard off.

I cannot quite remember how, but the two of us volunteered to host a room party. One of its highlights was when I got to plait a real beard (whose wearer seemed happy about it and continued to sport the plait the next day). After changing rooms in consideration of a neighbour who wanted to sleep, I was introduced to Pervinca Took (which means that after finishing this post, I'm at least going to check out the Password thread). However it was very late and I was quite occupied with other people, so we didn't manage to talk much.

On Sunday Faramir Jones (whose lecture I missed again because ART) took me around the graveyard and showed me Humphrey Carpenter's grave. Apart from that, Kath and I sat more or less comatose in the ground, but lunch and hanging out with awesome Downers and Tolkien Society people cheered us up. Still, I can't remember when saying goodbye has last been this sad because the weekend (and the week that preceded it, which involved me playing a housewife, meeting Kath's family, having a Finland day at her school, and hiding dirty drawings around her flat for her to find) was so amazing.

I am currently occupying Hookbill's brother's old room, and tomorrow we miiiight head up to Scotland to meet Eonwe. I don't like British computers which refuse to give me umlauts.

Here is a BD group picture with a quarter of Pervinca Took, Poison Ivy, Faramir Jones, yours truly, Kath, Hookbill, Squatter and narfforc:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...39658559_o.jpg
And you're implying that after this England still doesn't look like a giant meteorite crater? Impressive, quite impressive, I must say.