View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 03:38 AM   #112
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Dwarves --

Well, I've done my post - here.

Let's have the Dwarves discuss what they've heard; when they want to leave to pick up the Lorien Elves; and how armed they should be and take what precautions, etc.

It's about 40 miles according to Gandalf from the West gate of Moria(the Eregion side) to the East-gate where the Mirrormere is and where the Elves from Lorien will enter. I have Riv's quarters about 10 miles from the West-gate - so we have @ 30 miles to traverse. Once we get there we should probably scout about the entrance to clear the area of any unwanted creatures. What do you think?

An aside thought: I doubt the Dwarves actually know about the 3 Rings made by the Elves. I'm sure they know about the gift of the Ring of Power given to their King (by Celebrimbor as recounted by the Dwarves, not Sauron), Durin III, but most likely don't have all the details. And knowing Dwarves, Durin III has no doubt squirreled it away somewhere in his private treasure hoard rather than wear it.

~*~ Pio