View Single Post
Old 06-14-2002, 11:14 AM   #268
NazgulNumber10
Wight

NazgulNumber10 has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

wow. Yup I am writing serious fantasy.
The only thing is I dont know were to begin at. OK Ive been working on it for about 6 months now. I have made maps, indexes of names, timelines and 4 languages. But I am never satisfied with my writing. Everyone sez it good and beyond thier comprehension, but I am my own toughest critic. As for inseration, well most of it comes from my life, I am an insanly complex person, and no one really understands me [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] but I feed off of my pain and suffering [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] As far as imitating JRRT, well i have battled with that many times. The problem is, I love the books so much, it is hard to hrid my thoughts of them when I work on it. Oh yeah whats it about you say? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Well this is an incredably long backstory, but it cronicals( i cant spell ) the realm of Anaron ( i dont know how to get the little dash above the second a it's easy on my other computer ) I daont know wheater to work on a preqquel fisrt, or the 1st series, which is about the journey of Drayken, who is anything but your clean cut hero. He is thought to be evil by the people of his kingdom ( well not actually his, Drayken is the last of a subspecies of men called the Kobowins). As for other races i have the hornfolk ( barbairian types with little horns in their eyebrows) dwarves ( with all golden eyes ) elves ( most baised on my best friend) endred ( bird like people) merfolk, and some others. Since im running out of thing to say with out reveiling too much plot ( oh theres a lot- 4 main series worth )
ill just end with a free form poem i thought up
Quote:
what am I but a shell of a man,
Nay I am nor shell nor spirit,
Nothing but a wisper in the wind of something that could be,
I look at others and ask why them why me,
They dont care for my ideas,
They are oblivious to my hours of work
they dont know my pain,
To them I am nothing,
But i am much more
Of for the life of a lonely 14 year old [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]