View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #846
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Entering into the courtyard, Léof had initially been disappointed and rather frustrated to find Eodwine nowhere in sight. He had been given the bare bones of a message, and no information about Eodwine’s whereabouts; would it really be so hard to tell him just what was going on around here?

He had only been standing there for a few seconds before Eodwine emerged from the Hall, somewhat alleviating Léof’s ill will. He had not been forgotten, then.

But just as he was about to ask what Eodwine needed for him to do and say, he was cut off by Eodwine’s curt question: “Léof! Where are you off to?”

He felt quite taken aback by the lord’s tone; it was his orders that he was following, after all! Unless Falco had been playing with him? But Léof thought it an unlikely thing for the hobbit to do.

“Falco told me that you wanted me to take a message up to Meduseld, sir,” he replied, managing to keep most of the reproach out of his voice. “Since the stables were on the way, I thought I would get my horse before coming out here to hear the details of your message. Have I done wrongly?”