View Single Post
Old 01-25-2001, 04:12 AM   #37
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">linidl
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Sun and Moon/Heren Istarion

OF THE SUN ANDTHE MOON AND THE HIDING OF VALINOR

Heren Istarion: &quot; is it to be given as 2 different accounts (one after another):
1 as known by loremasters (round earth theory)
2 common opinion (flower and fruit)

or maybe it may be medled paragrah by paragraph? with some entries
like &quot;as men afterwords beleived&quot; &quot;as was known by loremasters&quot; etc? &quot;

apologies Heren , I did not catch that this was a question on the first read . I read it as a proposal.
So far we have been limiting ourselves to using JRRT text only [w/ the possible exception to 77 material that might be CRRT] w/ out linking phrases, as handy as they would be especially w/ a MT version . There is some relevant discussion in the 'Literary devices and such ' thread. We came to the conclusion at the time [it is not in stone] that linking phrases -put us into the fan-fiction realm.
Not that this is evil or anything ,just that the agreed goal was to use text and text like drafts that were capable of being used as is.

I think that we are looking at the old world conception here, or 2 different drafts[ 1 old world and 1MT] .
but I propose we explore this more fully after DoV .

the original goal was to have a team effort on the old cosmology and Saulotus was going to be in charge of the MT version - barring his return we will have to regroup and see what we want todo re: MT .

Heren , do I take it you are on w/ the project , or are contemplating such?

Hoping that is the case,

lindil

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000076>lindil</A> at: 1/25/01 5:18:22 am
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote