View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 02:31 PM   #40
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I must say I like this version better. I think it has better flow to it, and the rhymes do work now. I personally like the O my Kings (and I can confirm that they stand alone, they aren't really tied to the rhymes of the main verses). And "To love but once, that is our lot:" is actually a closer translation, I think - though I can't remember exactly how it was before.
It was some form of "Only once are we given to love"; I changed it around a few times. This one's better.

I do still think of this as a first draft; the only way to tell if a song works is to sing it, and mumbling parts while writing it hasn't really fulfilled that. I'll have to try it sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
That was a shameless mixing of some of my favourite things in life, Tolkien and Medicine. I loved doing it. ^.^
She tells me your view of surgeons totally checks out. ^_~ Also I can confirm that singing the Oath without accompaniment sounds kind of dumb, but I knew the dangers when I took the job.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote