Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 10:16 AM   #9767
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Aww the password was guessed. I wanted to see how long we could get all the right letters in without one of us admitting to clearly knowing the answer.

I am totally stumped on the last clues I must admit. The Maytime one feels like it should be a month or a date at least but I'm not good enough with the calendars to figure it out. And I've got nothing for F or R.
Two of the remaining clues refer to changes made in Gondor after the destruction of the Ring. One is a new holiday that is established. The other is a change to when the New Year begins.

The Shire, though, implemented neither of those changes. 'A prophet is never appreciated in his own country.'

So if it was the tertiary month in Gondor, what month would it probably be in a Fourth Age Shire?

Regarding Old Toby: he lived in the Third Age, but the clue refers to a book in which he features, and that book was written in the Fourth Age.

Last edited by Pervinca Took; 05-28-2020 at 10:20 AM.
Pervinca Took is offline   Reply With Quote