View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 12:12 PM   #33
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
This would be a fabulous scenario - though if they were wolves together, Legate forgetting about having sniffed out a previous Huiwolf would be very odd. As a purposeful deception (pretending not to remember his role in the demise of a past Huiwolf), I can't see what purpose it would serve - especially since they couldn't really count on no one else remembering that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I was confused by the very same quote from Legate for the same reason; however I disagree with (and am baffled by) your conclusion. Are you saying Wolfate is intentionally trying to mislead the village that he has no experience of a previous Wolfesoron and expecting no one to remember a game from last year and bust him?
I'm not quite sure what I'm saying. Something like, if a Legwolf thinks Huiwolf is behaving typically Huiwolvish he may want to pretend bad memory as an excuse for not picking it up. It's not an argument that they must be wolves together, but I think it would kind of make sense psychologically.