View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 10:05 AM   #25
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
So your 'factual answer' comment made me feel a bit better, but then this happened. What's wrong with that debate (and its relatives) is that it's been done a hundred(ish) times before; everyone knows the steps, and both 'let's discuss this' and 'we should be hunting wolves instead of discussing this' are great ways for wolves to contribute without implicating themselves at all.

Which, incidentally, is also what the "what's wrong with Day 1 Debates?" debate/question does. Which is why your asking the question keeps me suspicious of your motives.

hS
But we would be discussing something, which I find always more useful than discussing nothing or just conceding to the pack "lay under the radar toDay, because it's Day 1 and they are more likely to just lynch someone they disagree with because they have no other evidence." So really, it's just a disagreement about Day 1 mechanics.

I am of the opinion, the more people say and respond to a topic, the better it is to figure out their motives. You disagree and see it as an opportunity for a wolf to appear actively contributing and thus helpful. That disagreement doesn't make you suspicious in my opinion. I trust you can discern the difference of someone talking just to talk and appear helpful and someone talking to prompt responses and attempt to learn something from the responses. One is a person putting up a flimsy defense only to back away and let other people go at it in a debate. The other is someone who is prepared to get right in the thick of it and defend this silly notion that Day 1s are useless.

So far...

I quite like Morsul's posts. It looks very much like "I'm going about things my way and if you got a problem with it, oh well."

Legate appears sharp and observant, which is a good sign.

Huey is going right in there with questions and accusations, so that also looks like a good sing.

The not so good signs...

Greenie giving a little summation post and going. Looks kind of evil like "here's what's happened so far, but I won't go further into what I think or feel about it." It looks like an attempt to point the day discussion towards certain people (Lottie, sally, myself and Lommy) but not giving her own opinions.

sally, in character banter, but going to have to see more from her.

Edit: Crossed with Soriman and Lommy