View Single Post
Old 04-29-2002, 02:35 PM   #64
Rosa Underhill
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rosa Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rosa Underhill
Sting

Wow. Just...wow...

I had no idea that fantasy literature could have had such profound effects on others. This is incredible, deep, heart wrenching sometimes, wonderfully true testimony to the power fantasy literature has. Thank you all so much for these amazing experiences and accounts of how your lives were changed by fantasy!

I haven't finished reading everything on this thread, but I have started compiling quotes. I will make a list of who I've gotten quotes from (sadly, I can't use every one, but I've put the ones that got my attention most into a Word document for future reference). I refuse to use any of these quotes without direct permission, though, because some are very personal and I know that some of you may not want me sharing your personal experiences with an English teacher.

I don't have the time presently to add to your accounts, but I do have a story of my own to share. I'll share it later on, though, since I've got to be at the bus stop post haste. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Keep sharing, everyone! And, King Carl, your opinions are well-written and noted. I may not agree with you but you have valid reasons for your belief so I won't dispute it. (If you had just said "I don't like fantasy because it sucks", well, then I might have something to argue with.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])